Attn: NYC ~ Bahamas cruisers! Port Canaveral and NYC Port Adventures are out!

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I didn't see this posted, so I apologise if it's already been mentioned, but today I got an email from DCL saying that the port excursions were on the site, and sure enough, they are! :sunny:

They've added "NYC" and "Port Canaveral" to their listing of ports and excursions in the Port Adventures section on the site.

It also gives much more info regarding the complimentary bus transportation to and from WDW: Going TO WDW you get to choose which park you want to start at, and get on the appropriate bus.

Going back: Return buses start at 3:3pm and depart from each of the 4 theme parks. Last buses leave each of the 4 parks at different times, the latest being 11pm from the Magic Kingdom. Not bad! :)

Hmmm... after looking at that, Im tempted to change my Fantasy cruise to Magic Bahamas.

Looks like the last buses are leaving each of the parks at different times:

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Epcot theme park is at 10:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Magic Kingdom theme park is at 11:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park at 10:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is at 8:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Forget the complimentary transportation, lol. Sign me up for the VIP tour with private transportation! Only 1650$.

We were told the Disney VIP tour would be offered, but had no idea of what they would charge. We were interested, but not 1650$ interested. :)

Thanks for posting this! :goodvibes

Forget the complimentary transportation, lol. Sign me up for the VIP tour with private transportation! Only 1650$.

We were told the Disney VIP tour would be offered, but had no idea of what they would charge. We were interested, but not 1650$ interested. :)

Thanks for posting this! :goodvibes

Actually thats not so bad since the price is for a party up to 10 people. We're a party of 8 so $1650 isn't so bad. I'm also assuming it's NOT $1650 per person but for the entire party.

Actually thats not so bad since the price is for a party up to 10 people. We're a party of 8 so $1650 isn't so bad. I'm also assuming it's NOT $1650 per person but for the entire party.

I agree, it isnt so bad for a group close to 10 people. Also, given that it is one day, you can get all the "hits" pretty quickly with the tour guide.

My BIL had a a VIP tour guide on his last trip and swears by it. I feel as though, my kids can do that job, so it never appealed to me. But to only have one day to "do it all" I would definitely consider it.

Looking at some of the tours - it looks like our tickets will be on our KTTW card. I wonder if this means we will have EMH access? On the day that we will be at WDW, MK has morning EMH.

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been starting to wonder what options there might be for that PC port day. Having only one hot crowded early August day to do it all -I'm all over a VIP package like stink on a monkey!

Looking at some of the tours - it looks like our tickets will be on our KTTW card. I wonder if this means we will have EMH access? On the day that we will be at WDW, MK has morning EMH.

The tix on the KTTW cards are a bonus but now I wonder how we can participate in FastPass if we choose. I'm pretty sure we can't put our KTTW cards in the FastPass machines...hmmmmm

The tix on the KTTW cards are a bonus but now I wonder how we can participate in FastPass if we choose. I'm pretty sure we can't put our KTTW cards in the FastPass machines...hmmmmm

You can. Anyone staying on WDW property that has their tickets tied to their KTTW card access the FP machines everyday.

I just want to see what happens when everyone decides they all want to catch that last 10pm or whatever bus back to the port...

Sayhello

Oh! Just thought I'd mention that I did the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom 2 weeks ago, and it's a really fabulous tour! (It's listed as one of the excursion options). I highly recommend it. I'll post a link when I get my Report up for that.

Sayhello

The site says:

Starting at $1,650 per group (up to 10 Guests)
so you are correct. NOT per person. But I wonder what they mean by "Starting at $1650"?

Sayhello

Thanks! I edited my original post. I definitely was looking at the info for the Magic Kingdom when I noticed the 11pm bus departure time. :upsidedow

Looks like the last buses are leaving each of the parks at different times:

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Epcot theme park is at 10:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Magic Kingdom theme park is at 11:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park at 10:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

Return transportation commences at 3:30 p.m. and is available from all 4 major theme parks at the bus depot throughout the day and evening. The last bus departing to the port from Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is at 8:00 p.m. A complete schedule will be available on your "Personal Navigator", the daily events flyer onboard the ship.

The site says:

so you are correct. NOT per person. But I wonder what they mean by "Starting at $1650"?

Sayhello

Hmmmmm 'starting at'
Good point ...

I *think* "starting at" is in reference to the fact that $1650 is for the stated 6 hours, but then you can add on to that to make your day with the VIP Guide longer than 6 hours, at an additional cost. :surfweb:

What's interesting is this wording on the Complimentary Transportation "adventures"

"This transportation is available for Guests choosing to explore Walt Disney World Resort on their own. Guests participating on a guided Port Adventure are not required to select this complimentary transportation as it is already included."

I'vre got some questions after reading this...
So do we have to choose a park to start at and book transportation to the parks? And will we be restricted to a ticket and time to leave? We want to be there as close to rope drop as possible. I'm not seeing any info about times the buses would start running to parks. And will this end up being like booking Palo...where club members get a better shot at booking buses to the parks?

I agree that 1650$ isn't bad. Our private RIP tour at Halloween Horror Nights was much more, but then again there were 10 of us then. There are just the two of us on the cruise, and I'm not too sure we'll be able to find two or three more like-minded couples to make the cost more reasonable. Plus you figure in the tip and the tour guide' s lunch/dinner. Too rich for just the two of us!!

The tour at AK sounds cool though. Hmmmmm......

Thanks for posting. I'm off to check out the options! And glad to see we can start at any park and MK bus doesn't leave until 11. We wanted to start at HS and end at MK so this is GREAT sounding so far.

I too want to know how to make sure I'm on the earliest bus possible!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter