ATTEN! Single woman wanted to show my uncle the magic of Disney & maybe more.....

first off.....i'd (kristin) like to say---- like the new screen name... we must be dealing w/ someone who has balls.
but here you go Whatever!...... uncle paul has been legally seperated for 1 1/2years, divorce has been filed legally and now it's up to the lawyers. yes we live in 2 seperate places and have been for over 1 1/2 years. no have not been on the rebound in quite some time. thanks for the advice, but i've been over my relationship for quite some time. knowing the attitude coming from that post you probably want a time on that. lets say over 1 1/2 years. if someone that i was interested in asked me those ?? which they have i have answered them honestly. i hate computers, yes, i type slow and no, i don't want to go to any chat rooms that's not my thing as i'm sure you have things that you're not too into, for example, giving people the benefit of the doubt. lets move on.......sorry Whatever!, you've obviously been scorned. i've done nothing personally to you or anyone affiliated w/ these boards. i think it's safe to say that what you're mad at is you've lost all faith. hope you find some again.. life's too short, yet another reason we started this post. ----------------thanks to all of you who were fun, supportive and nice. there's not enough of that anymore as you plainly demonstrated in your post... see ya disboards!

Thanks for answering those questions and please go back and see that they were QUESTIONS not statements, questions so I dont know why it is such a big deal. You answered the questions so we can take it at that. Those questions were never asked or answered and I dont know why it was a problem to ask them, I for one would want to make certain that I was not talking to a married man, would that be so wrong? so it shoulde be No Problem. I think people take things and blow them out of proportion

Hi Kristen and Paul, Sorry that things went sour, I thought this was a nice way for someone to possibly meet their soulmate. I sat here and read the whole post and was kinda surprised at the outcome. Paul, I too hope you go thru the emails that you have received and possibly meet someone in Disney in the fall. I met my new husband thru the internet..not your most conventional way....but hey it worked for us....you just never know. He wasn't a Disney fan but my love for Disney has rubbed off....we spent our honeymoon at Disney and have gone back every year since....we are even annual pass holders. Don't give up, you seem like a very nice loving family....You may just find your princess....My husband has told me he has found his!!! princess: Wishing you the best in your search. :thumbsup2 Keep us posted!!!

rudeness to anyone, huh teresa? what did i or my uncle say to get you so rude? did we offend you in anyway? i am pretty shocked at all of this..... we have been 100% honest from the start. any ?? have been answered as honestly as possible. what happened to you??:confused3

I just wanted to throw something in here please....
Please go to post #205 on this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774537&page=14

I started this idea on the other thread so please go look at it. Teresa just took my idea and used it over here but it was taken into a whole new context
than what I am sure Teresa meant, so if this was mean of her then I guess it ultimately began with ME so blame ME not her ! I thought it was funny when I saw she had posted it over here and I started to tease her about plagerism, but then I was scared it would be taken as me being catty so I didnt, now after seeing this I wish I had.
So, please if you want to be mad at someone be mad at me.

All of this is just stupid and I am done. .. I was already done for awhile but this just solidifies it. .

It looks like this has turned into a real version of the television Bachelor. I do want to say that Teresa kept this thread going asking questions etc... and added some fun to everything along the way. I was shocked to see her scapegoated for comments by others.

As with any type of contest, things can get out of hand and in many ways I am glad that I missed out on what's been going on while I was busy getting ready for a trip to Disney. I was hesitant about the idea at first, and now I know why.

Paul and Kristin I am sorry that something that I believe was started genuinely turned out this way. I do believe that Kristin's efforts were in the right place. This has had to be very overwhelming for you and it is sad that there are so many people that are so quick to be skeptical and judgemental. Sorry Guys, I enjoyed talking to you.

I have to agree with the women who are wondering what is the reality of the Paul story.

It has similarities to a man I met in a restaurant one night and I asked him if he were married and he said no he was divorced. Long story short he had just left his wife that night.

So , my question is this, and since you originated this post and you have ladies emotions in your hands it is only fair that you answer this and answer it on the forum not in PMS.
*Are you legally divorced?
*If not, have you FILED for divorce
*If not are you seperated from your wife even ,as in you live in 2 seperate houses
*If you are seperated WHEN, as in how long

and if not then why are you looking for a date. I agree with Belle to begin with, why Disney? just because its a free forum that you dont have to pay for?
*and if you have your own computer why are you not in chat, and why does your niece have to type for you. I understand you are a slow typer but you can hunt and peck just as quickly as your niece can translate and type.

I think any woman that has ever dated a man who has just seperated from his wife knows what a mistake that is and if that is the case then here is my advice Paul. Take some time to find yourself first before you try another relationship. Mend yourself and your emotions before you touch someone elses heart. Theres nothing wrong with going out in your hometown and finding a rebound date but going to Disney isnt the answer unless you have a love for Disney which obviously you do not have. If you want to go try disney do it with your niece and then if you want to pick up a single woman at the time go for it there would be nothing wrong with that if she is willing, but dont try a connection that others may mistake for a relationship if all you want is a rebound date.
You get over one relationship before you attempt another.

Hey !Whatever, I like the way you think. I believe besides myself others would love to read (if there ever posted) Paul's answers to your questions. :rolleyes1

I for one, am getting :bored: with this game.

These are the two post causing all the trouble. Not the orginal one ttester posted that Kristen quoted. I personally think what Kristen is doing for her uncle is very nice and you can tell they are close and she just wants him to be happy.

Just came across your post and I think what you are doing is wonderful!!! :goodvibes I definitely don't fit his "idea" but I do think he is hot and I will be there in September:banana: I'm 32, short and chubby, don't really like working out :rolleyes1 and I'm geographically undesireable. :lmao: Good luck with the search!

Not looking for a date with uncle Paul!

I am a married man and I didn't think I would see this type of disrespect on these boards. I don't usually happen across to read these topics, but this sounded interesting. I read this whole thread and it was pretty nice to see that people were putting their best foot forward and had a personal interest in the outcome. As I read further, I thought it was just a matter of time before someone got their feelings hurt or made even the smallest comment that showed frustration because they were not getting answered. I hate that the enjoyment is not there.

Paul, I am 38 years old and I love Disney for my kids, for my family and FOR ME! Disney means being a kid again. Remember your memories from childhood and find that part of Disney to start with. I personally love the "Pirates of the Carribean" ride. That simple old fashioned clunker of a ride makes me smile and feel my childhood coming back. I walk into the Magic Kingdom and it brings me to the days of my youth when I was anything I wanted to be. Maybe, connect with the young people in your life, and see Disney thru their eyes. But, to enjoy Disney with someone else, "I" feel it starts with you and Disney. If you have nieces and nephews that you are close to, go with them. Become a kid with them. Maybe you have your own older children (I don't recall seeing that), talk about a potential trip with them, even if they are grown. There are people close to you that I am sure could give you a perspective that you never thought of, maybe they have and you just haven't heard! Disney is no worries, no pressure, being silly, skipping, making faces of extreme happiness, planning whether you get the ice cream before the ride or after the ride. It is FEELING the same wonderment you see in the faces of children as they cross the lagoon on the ferry and the castle comes into view. These feelings and memories are Disney to me. It may be different for you, but keep it simple.

I am not saying that you should not get to know any of the nice people on this message board. I am just adding another perspective that takes some pressure off of you. I have enjoyed a few of the posts you received. A few of these ladies seem to be sincere and interesting. I haven't been privy to your private messages, but take it slow. I would continue to correspond with anyone here in a way BOTH of you are comfortable with. Take a visit to the kingdom first and bring that experience with you when that moment happens. You only get to make a first impression, once!

This is not intended to criticize or insinuate you are going about this wrong. Just a different perspective from another guy. Ladies, should this go further for any number of you, have fun with it. This little experience has been thought provoking. But, remember each and every one of you determine if this is something good or something bad. Paul and Kristin are pretty much at your mercy as they have put this in your hands. Don't forget, those of you who have thrown your hat into the ring no one can control where this goes and criticism of how Paul has conducted himself is not fair. Life is not scripted and I haven't seen him making demands for anything he would not provide himself. Have fun, I'll be following!

Don't let the bystanders, who throw in their two cents without investing a little time and thought, bother you,

Richie

Not looking for a date with uncle Paul!

I am a married man and I didn't think I would see this type of disrespect on these boards. I don't usually happen across to read these topics, but this sounded interesting. I read this whole thread and it was pretty nice to see that people were putting their best foot forward and had a personal interest in the outcome. As I read further, I thought it was just a matter of time before someone got their feelings hurt or made even the smallest comment that showed frustration because they were not getting answered. I hate that the enjoyment is not there.

Paul, I am 38 years old and I love Disney for my kids, for my family and FOR ME! Disney means being a kid again. Remember your memories from childhood and find that part of Disney to start with. I personally love the "Pirates of the Carribean" ride. That simple old fashioned clunker of a ride makes me smile and feel my childhood coming back. I walk into the Magic Kingdom and it brings me to the days of my youth when I was anything I wanted to be. Maybe, connect with the young people in your life, and see Disney thru their eyes. But, to enjoy Disney with someone else, "I" feel it starts with you and Disney. If you have nieces and nephews that you are close to, go with them. Become a kid with them. Maybe you have your own older children (I don't recall seeing that), talk about a potential trip with them, even if they are grown. There are people close to you that I am sure could give you a perspective that you never thought of, maybe they have and you just haven't heard! Disney is no worries, no pressure, being silly, skipping, making faces of extreme happiness, planning whether you get the ice cream before the ride or after the ride. It is FEELING the same wonderment you see in the faces of children as they cross the lagoon on the ferry and the castle comes into view. These feelings and memories are Disney to me. It may be different for you, but keep it simple.

I am not saying that you should not get to know any of the nice people on this message board. I am just adding another perspective that takes some pressure off of you. I have enjoyed a few of the posts you received. A few of these ladies seem to be sincere and interesting. I haven't been privy to your private messages, but take it slow. I would continue to correspond with anyone here in a way BOTH of you are comfortable with. Take a visit to the kingdom first and bring that experience with you when that moment happens. You only get to make a first impression, once!

This is not intended to criticize or insinuate you are going about this wrong. Just a different perspective from another guy. Ladies, should this go further for any number of you, have fun with it. This little experience has been thought provoking. But, remember each and every one of you determine if this is something good or something bad. Paul and Kristin are pretty much at your mercy as they have put this in your hands. Don't forget, those of you who have thrown your hat into the ring no one can control where this goes and criticism of how Paul has conducted himself is not fair. Life is not scripted and I haven't seen him making demands for anything he would not provide himself. Have fun, I'll be following!

Don't let the bystanders, who throw in their two cents without investing a little time and thought, bother you,

Richie

Thanks Richie, Your post has inspired me to sign on and put my self out there for the people that were having fun like we were.Yes this is uncle Paul here. To do the best I can as the two fingered typer. But I must warn you if you ask a question on the post do not expect a quick response please. I'll do the best I can.
I want to say to the women that have responded with the kind words and support that they have given Thank You :) I would still like to meet someone in WDW that can show me around and have fun with this. If this does not work out then I will plan a trip with my grandson sometime in the near future. I also want to say to Jenny you also, and there has been others with your kind words and support pushed me to get back out here. Thank You:) :) So here I am....UPaul

Welcome back, Paul! I'm glad you decided to stick it out. I've met lots of wonderful folks on this board (and sure, some worms-in-the-apple, but life is like that). No romance yet, but I'm a big believer in "friends first" anyway. Good luck finding your princess!

At the very least, there are plenty of people here to help you plan your disney trips... :thumbsup2

hello..... being away from the boards for a few days has helped me realize what so many of you have been telling me since uncle paul and my last post.... the majority of you guys were so nice and fun and supportive. it wasn't fair of us to just sign off and end things like that. i am really sorry. so, as many of you told us, we're not letting a few bad apples spoil this. as you may have seen uncle paul has signed up w/ his own screen name now. so anyways.... hopefully this can pick back up and end magically. thanks so much again to all who were supportive. :flower3:

I recently started posting on these boards with the intention of making some new friends and finding people to potentionally share a meal with or grab a drink at WDW and DL.

Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming so far. The nightly chat on dismates has proven to be quite entertaining as well. Good luck Uncle Paul, I am sorry you had a rough start.

Thanks Richie, Your post has inspired me to sign on and put my self out there for the people that were having fun like we were.Yes this is uncle Paul here. To do the best I can as the two fingered typer. But I must warn you if you ask a question on the post do not expect a quick response please. I'll do the best I can.
I want to say to the women that have responded with the kind words and support that they have given Thank You :) I would still like to meet someone in WDW that can show me around and have fun with this. If this does not work out then I will plan a trip with my grandson sometime in the near future. I also want to say to Jenny you also, and there has been others with your kind words and support pushed me to get back out here. Thank You:) :) So here I am....UPaul

:yay: :flower3: YEA Paul I am so glad to see you are back. You are very welcome for the support, I am glad I could be of service, any time. I look forward to talking to you again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!