Atlanta Thanksgiving Half Marathon

garneska

DIS Veteran
I will only be spectating at this race, so I am trying to find all the run dissers who will be out there.

@Disney at Heart i know you are in. Is Judd running with you? What is your estimated pace?

@tigger536 are you running this? if so what is your estimated pace?

Put this out there in case there are others running.

I am planning on being out with mallory at 10th and Piedmont, just after you guys exit the park, which is at mile 7ish. This assumes no rain but so far looks good.

Yay, I’ll be looking for y’all!
Judd is running, but hasn’t decided whether he’ll run it with me or go on ahead of me. We each did our own pace at W&D and that may be the best!😂
I’ll probably be running from 11:30-12:00 pace. (I did W&D at 11:37 with 2 quick character stops, but there were no hills!) And I’ll probably start in Wave D. It all depends on the day😃

Runners/spectators/dog spectators, have a good race and have a safe race. Looking like pretty good weather.

A little FOMO (or possibly JOMO: Joy of Missing Out).

A windy cold day/missed ride/DW not so happy knocked this one off my schedule forever.

yeah i am glad the weather is looking good. this has been a bad weather race before. i am glad i will be able to get mallory out. she loved it when we watched the PTRR in July. I have 6 miles to get in before i spectate but i am planning on getting out there at 7 am to start those.

On the mallory front she is seems to have an upset belly, which is not good for me. i will be calling the vet today to see if we can get something for her. I think its her food, science diet changed their formula. We did mix the old and new food for 3 weeks but now she is basically on new food. Needless to say a call to the vet is in order, but she happily ate her food this morning.

@Disney at Heart i missed you. Hope you had a great race. Weather was ok wind was a bit cold.

Mallory had fun at her parade. She got some pets and brightened some faces.

dang pics.

89A981B0-3D24-45ED-8FB4-BD1582776FC3.jpeg

at the race

5D7C31D6-C902-4261-8C88-1A7BA0E3CDBF.jpeg

her belly is not better yet. Hoping today will be a breakthrough. at least the volume is less.

@garneska. I looked for y’all but didn’t see you. Judd also said he missed you. I was a little faster than I predicted. I was in Wave C instead of D and for the first 7 miles was doing just about 11 minute miles. MapMyRun says I finished With 10:56 pace, but it also says I ran 13,56 miles. It always tends to run long. My time was about 2:23:45, give or take a few seconds — about two minutes slower than last year— and that gives me about 11:07 pace for 13.1. I’ll take it.

Hope Mallory feels better! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Bert, and Mallory! And keep running those fabulous paces!🌟

Yeah I think we just missed you then. i had to get my 6 miles in first and we had some Mallory clean up in the morning. i guess I will see you at marathon weekend then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts