ATC Swap Due! ALL Mailed Back. Thanks!

This will be my last attempts at ATC's

:hug: I think it may be easier for both of us once we some in person. I'm still not sure what I made was good enough, but it was the best I could do. I totally understand your frustration though. :hug:

Great work D R! Irish Blessing is still my fave! Just something about that one but I think Old West women is close second!

SS, Im sorry to hear you say that because I love your work eveb tho most times I just get to admire it from afar!

NOOOOOOoooo...Don't say that - I love your stuff. I have my little ATC spinner from 7 gypsies next to my computer and I will have everyones ATC close to my heart (sappy I know - but true:lovestruc)

Rhonda

ps - Susie you need to check out the pics of our ckc t-shirts on the ckc-manchester thread (calanniebu's thread) you inspired them:goodvibes

I was thinking of buying a spinner too but I don't want to punch the ATC's...I put them in a binder with baseball card sheet protectors.I can take it with me easier when I go to the ATC store.

I got these little slip covers/protectors so there is no need to punch them either...You have an ATC store? The damage I could do there:goodvibes

Thanks BAMB

I really appreciate it.

Susie, I'm sorry my swap left a bad taste in your mouth. I find them to be challenging, but not diffiult.
I do appreciate you playing with us & joining my swap. I hope this doesn't make anyone else not want to do them.
DR your lucky to have an ATC store. Thats amazing. I would do some serious damage in there. I also plan on putting everyone's cards in my carousel as well.

Oh Susie, this was pushing the envelope for all of us, like BAMB said:hug: We're not judgemental on here, you know that! We all try differnt things, sometimes they're brilliant, sometimes OK, but I don't thinkg I've ever got something awful (other than my first swap pieces :rolleyes1)

DR your lucky to have an ATC store. Thats amazing. I would do some serious damage in there. I also plan on putting everyone's cards in my carousel as well.
It;s not an ATC store per say it is and "altered art" store. I don't consider it a Scrapbook store though some people do.It's very out there and I love that..lots of trinkets and odds and ends weird paper and tags and big sheets of handmade paper. That's why I say it's not a scrapbook store.It's called Mystic paper you can google it and see what I mean. I could spend a day in there. My mom sayd it's an antique store that just happens to have paper.Plus they are the only chicks that have HUGE books of swaped ATC's and they hold ATC swap's once a month.

Personally this swap has opened my left side to all kinds of new stuff and it's instant gradification.I love these little guys and i loved this swap.It took me back to the time in scrapbooking when I didn't have machines to do allot of my work for me.I find myself saving all kinds of postage stamps and little bits and peices of stuff even peices of a broken necklace.
I am definatly gonna do it again....Thanks Michi:thumbsup2

I had fun looking for "found" pieces. I also finally used some handmade japanese paper that I had been holding onto - it was nice to finally use it where I know it will be loved:goodvibes

DSC_0094.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

DSC_0244-1.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

So far I am most pleased with the China one (butterfly), I have used the most creativity with that one.
I need to beef up my stamp collection.

Here goes what I can show so far.

February is glittered and embossed stack paper.

Turkey is for Thanksgiving.

Trees are for November.

Cupcakes are what they are. I have stickled them and used embossing pens and red distress ink on the edges. I was trying to put a cherry on top.

IMG_1416.jpg

Susie, I don't "do" distressed or vintage - I like to make clean pieces. So if I even tried to make the stuff everyone else has, I would be frustrated too. It's fab for those that can learn new techniques and go outside their comfort zone, but that's definitely not me! I'm quite comfortable where I am. My completed pieces, which I need to photograph, are cutesy, as Michelle would say. I did use digital images of vintage posters as my backdrop, though. But they are very clean, very simple.

For your pieces, right off the bat, for the 2 months, I would put their title - February and November. Do you have little alphabet stamps that you can stamp that? If not, you can print on paper or vellum and attach it to the cards.

February - I like BAMBs idea of using Primas. Or you can cut out hearts from glitter paper (or glitter the paper yourself) and attach/pop-dot.

November - do you have the Pooh and Friends or Princess cart with Pocahontas? There are leaves on both those carts. That you can cut and layer on the card.

Thanksgiving - again, if you have little alphabet stamps, you can stamp "THANKS" on it. If not, you can again print it. Also, if you have Stretch your Imagination or Doodlecharms, there are Thanksgiving specific items on there. Also Paper Doll Dress Up has stuff for pilgrams.

Cupcakes - you can make a cupcake with Doodlecharms or Hello Kitty shape cart, and layer it on the card.

You can also look at this site http://www.flickr.com/groups/49572666@N00/pool/ to see if there are any images that you can print, cut, and layer on the cards.

Good luck. Sorry to hear that this is frustrating. :hug:

It;s not an ATC store per say it is and "altered art" store. I don't consider it a Scrapbook store though some people do.It's very out there and I love that..lots of trinkets and odds and ends weird paper and tags and big sheets of handmade paper. That's why I say it's not a scrapbook store.It's called Mystic paper you can google it and see what I mean. I could spend a day in there. My mom sayd it's an antique store that just happens to have paper.Plus they are the only chicks that have HUGE books of swaped ATC's and they hold ATC swap's once a month.

Personally this swap has opened my left side to all kinds of new stuff and it's instant gradification.I love these little guys and i loved this swap.It took me back to the time in scrapbooking when I didn't have machines to do allot of my work for me.I find myself saving all kinds of postage stamps and little bits and peices of stuff even peices of a broken necklace.
I am definatly gonna do it again....Thanks Michi:thumbsup2

Thanks DR for the great words. I'm so glad you will be playing with me again in the summer time. I love your ATC's. Your so good at them!

BAMB, your ATC's look great as well! I can't wait to see them for real. Great job!

BAMB, did you happen to see my psot about the dates I want to host my second ATC swap on the calendar thread? Thanks!

Susie, sorry again that you are frustrated. I wanted this to be enjoyable for you. I do love your work & I'm happy you joined me. I hope when you get all of them back, that you would try again. Thanks!

I did, I just haven't gotten that far yet in the threads. I should have the calendar up to date by the weekend.

Having printer and computer issues for Norway so it's taking me longer then expected to finish.
I really need to order my new laptop!

BAMB I like the robot the best so far and I don't even get that one.....

Hey Susie if you would see some of the ATC's I've been getting back from Swap-bot your's are 100% better than them. Literally I got one for the fairytale ATC swap and it was a peice of scrapbook paper with a prited pic of Puss and boots on white copy paper. THAT"S IT!!! it was so disapointing.And there was another that was carstock with 2 stickers.
So don't EVER feel your stuff is not good enough. In the imortal words of master Yoda: "There is no try, Do or do Not"
And your doing it!!!:banana::thumbsup2

AWM, I got your package today. Thank you so very much for the 3ATCs you made me. I LOVE them! They are great!
But there is one problem. You are missing a group in the box you sent me. You forgot to put in Group J-Anything Goes. DO you think it's somewhere in the house, because it wasn't in the box. I hope you find it. Thanks. Let me know what happens.

If something happens where you can't find them, I can use the ones you gave me & then make something for the 4th one. Let me know what you think about that

Where is the slap the forehead smilie??

I'll get those in the mail tomorrow. Sorry. My bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter