• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At Windsor Hills now-very nice resort

Hi GlenR:

Which house was it? By the way, welcome.

Tim/Hawk

It was the one they have listed as AThe Windsor Hills Resort-2641 VDSJGI. It is 2641 Daulby. We liked that it had 2 Bunkbeds in the kids room and a three pane slider in the living room that opened up the entire wall to the pool. Not the highest end luxury home, but it was a great value.

You're correct. Going that way puts you just past the main DHS entrance (south) when you get onto World Drive. If you really want the south entrance, you might as well go down 192 that day. Unless 192 is really bad, it'll probably be quicker.

I use Sherberth quite a bit, but I will say that 192 is a lot better than it used to be. They made several improvements a few years back. I've actually found that I use the Sherberth "shortcut" more coming back from WDW as opposed to going there.

thanks for your information :)

Do any of the rental companies offer refunds? They all seem to want the entire payment 6 weeks in advance and NO refunds at all. So you pay 1,000 or whatever the weekly rate is and then you have an emergency at home and you are out the $1,000?

Do any of the rental companies offer refunds? They all seem to want the entire payment 6 weeks in advance and NO refunds at all. So you pay 1,000 or whatever the weekly rate is and then you have an emergency at home and you are out the $1,000?

Its been a year or two since I've rented with them, but I think the vacationcentralflorida . com people had a pretty liberal refund policy. I think it was only a couple of weeks out and I think after that you'd get a refund if they were able to rent it out.

We stayed at Windsor Hills in October 2012 and loved it! We were in a 3Br towhouse with a splash pool. We rented ours through the website 5min2Disney.com We didnt have any problems working with them and our townhouse "Wishes" was great. The king bed in the master bedroom was so very comfortable! We are just starting to plan our next trip March 2014 and plan on staying there again!

We are staying in a 3 bedroom condo at Windsor Hills for our trip next month. We are so excited and the information on this thread has been so helpful, especially the driving directions and information about the nearby Publix grocery stores. My kids are so happy that they will each have their own bed during this vacation :laughing: DH and I are looking forward to relaxing on the balcony at the end of each day after the kids go to bed, having our own washer and dryer, and having a full kitchen will definitely give us a break from having to eat restaurant food all the time. This will be a different experience for us, but we are positive that this will be a good fit for our family's needs and vacationing style. I will definitely report back here on this thread after our trip :thumbsup2

Momma2Mia said:
We stayed at Windsor Hills in October 2012 and loved it! We were in a 3Br towhouse with a splash pool. We rented ours through the website 5min2Disney.com We didnt have any problems working with them and our townhouse "Wishes" was great. The king bed in the master bedroom was so very comfortable! We are just starting to plan our next trip March 2014 and plan on staying there again!

Good to know! We too are thinking of booking with George. He's been fabulous with all my questions!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Has anyone had an issue with getting lost driving around the complex or is this not an issue? From looking at the map, WH looks like a very big complex so I am a little curious. The condo we are staying in is located on Almaton Loop. Is this where all the condo buildings are? Can we walk to the main pool and playground or is it a straight drive from where our building is? Thanks :thumbsup2

2Pirates2Princesses said:
Has anyone had an issue with getting lost driving around the complex or is this not an issue? From looking at the map, WH looks like a very big complex so I am a little curious. The condo we are staying in is located on Almaton Loop. Is this where all the condo buildings are? Can we walk to the main pool and playground or is it a straight drive from where our building is? Thanks :thumbsup2

We stayed on Almaton Loop as well. The resort is not really confusing at all. You basically pull in and turn right. You'll pass the clubhouse and pool on your way to the condo. IIRC, we drove to the pool, but we had small kids and they had been walking the parks earlier in the day. It's very walkable. I think we were in the last or second farthest building down that street.

We stayed on Almaton Loop as well. The resort is not really confusing at all. You basically pull in and turn right. You'll pass the clubhouse and pool on your way to the condo. IIRC, we drove to the pool, but we had small kids and they had been walking the parks earlier in the day. It's very walkable. I think we were in the last or second farthest building down that street.

Thank you, this puts my mind at ease. Looking at the map of the resort and how large the complex is I assumed there would be various streets and turns to get through and around the resort.

Thank you, this puts my mind at ease. Looking at the map of the resort and how large the complex is I assumed there would be various streets and turns to get through and around the resort.

Look at the map here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Alma...op,+Four+Corners,+Osceola,+Florida+34747&z=17

We were actually in that middle building on Almaton Loop, for reference. As you can see on Google Maps, it doesn't look as daunting. There's the entrance, then you actually turn on Comrow (forgot that part), which leads you to Almaton.

Well, just reserved a condo for Nov30 to Dec7. Plan on driving from Pittsburgh PA. Can't wait!

I am from Pittsburgh too and we have a condo Aug 16-24th @ Windsor Hills. I honestly don't know the cost of driving down --but with gas prices and perhaps having to stay at a hotel somewhere along the way there and back plus the LONG driving time, I imagine it to be quite an expensive trip. I have been searching for reasonable airfare to fly down--Just this evening I found Spirit Airlines flying out of the Latrobe airport for $848 for my family of 5--ROUNDTRIP!! and you can add a rental car right on their site through Hertz (not an off brand car rental company) for a couple hundred dollars. For our family flight for 5 people and the rental car Friday through the following Saturday the total was $1030--I thought that was a fantastic deal!! A direct flight too so in just over 2 hours we will be there!! If you can wing it in your budget, it is worth looking into!!

I get last minute deal emails from Spirit, and I will definitely keep a close watch. We flew last time, and it wasnt that great. Airtran had a mechnical problem and bumped half of the people off of a 6 am flight. My in-laws got bumped, but we had the joy of getting on a broken plane, scary! Anyway they didn't get there until that evening, and missed day 1. Plus like last time, we are going the weekend after thanksgiving, so getting bumped could be hard to find another flight, especially out of Latrobe. But if the price is right, I'd chance it.

We are trying to plan a sort of last minute trip for the first week of June. I have contacted 4 or 5 owners through VRBO who are showing availability for a town home for the 9 days we need them, but then am getting a "Sorry, that unity just booked this morning, but here's a (more expensive) option" email.

Any suggestions? We want a 3-br townhome, not a condo.

saucymb said:
We are trying to plan a sort of last minute trip for the first week of June. I have contacted 4 or 5 owners through VRBO who are showing availability for a town home for the 9 days we need them, but then am getting a "Sorry, that unity just booked this morning, but here's a (more expensive) option" email.

Any suggestions? We want a 3-br townhome, not a condo.

http://www.vacationrentaldesk.com/o...ultiguid=04825f07-52d2-4ca3-b598-623f471148fb

I haven't used them yet, but hope this helps

It doesn't have to be Windsor Hills, but we want something close to property and prefer a private pool. The rates I saw seeing on vrbo.com were just what we were expecting...$800-1100 for the week. But when I emailed the owners, they were coming back with $1500-2000 for the week.

Thanks you guys for your help!

It doesn't have to be Windsor Hills, but we want something close to property and prefer a private pool. The rates I saw seeing on vrbo.com were just what we were expecting...$800-1100 for the week. But when I emailed the owners, they were coming back with $1500-2000 for the week.

We use Florida Sun Vacation Homes because they offer a discount of 15% if you are staying longer than 7 nights. We find that during certain seasons they are actually cheaper with the discount than units on VRBO. We've rented 4 times through them and always stay in Windsor Hills (usually in a 4 BR home).

I would check out the website or call their toll free number to check availability. I think with their discount, the rate should be within your budget.

Good luck with your search!

Give the site that a mentioned a try. Ask them for a discount.
Their homes are brand new with private pools and they are only a few minutes from Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter