At Windsor Hills now-very nice resort

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We rented a 3 bedroom condo here this week, very nice and clean. The resort is very safe and secure and it is close to everything. I would highly reccommend this resort for your upcoming vacation! :cool2:

If you have any questions let me know.

Condo is so close to Disney, we thought that some of our car trips over were faster than the bus transportation onsite.

There is a shortcut to get to Disney we found last night, 4 days later!!! Ask when you check-in about the shortcut on Sherberth road. Going to the parks in the morning the normal way was very quick but coming home at night there was alot of traffic.

Resort is heavily secured, game room, pool, park. The resort is landscaped very nicely and very clean.

Our condo is decorated very nice, it's very clean and very roomy.

Great to know - thanks for the feedback!
You get so much more for your $$ than staying onsite, I just couldn't believe it.

We are booked to stay there in May and I just checked out the Sherberth Rd shortcut on Google Earth - looks like it would be especially good for AK!

Can I ask, did you get groceries delivered to your condo before you arrived? - and if so, who did you use?

LeahA said:
Condo is so close to Disney, we thought that some of our car trips over were faster than the bus transportation onsite.

There is a shortcut to get to Disney we found last night, 4 days later!!! Ask when you check-in about the shortcut on Sherberth road. Going to the parks in the morning the normal way was very quick but coming home at night there was alot of traffic.

Yes! Learned that shortcut years ago while at Emerald Isle. And also love WH for all the things you said - all that extra space, comforts of home and savings make for a great trip. Enjoy the rest of your trip! :-)

We love Windsor hills. I keep trying to talk myself into going back onsite but I just can't. The only thing I miss is having a food court for grabbing early morning or late night munchies to bring back to the room.

Glad to hear this- we are staying there in November. I just made a note if the short cut so I remember - thanks

We stayed in one of the townhomes at Windsor Hills in 2007 with the teeny pool - kids thought it was AWESOME! Next year it's Emerald Island at a 7 bedroom villa with a much bigger pool and all their cousins!

I did love how quiet Windsor Hills was - the only issue was having to look at all the commercial throw-up along the road on the way to Disney property (which I assume we will have to see again along Irlo Bronson). Last year it was Bonnet Creek Resort (loved its serenity and location but we couldn't find a way to house so many people in one place and having the whole family in one place is key).

We had a very nice week at Windsor Hills, we are home now. There are parts of staying onsite that we missed but if it was taking a trip to Disney and staying offsite or not going, I guess I would stay offsite!!!

Have fun on your upcoming vacations!

WH was everything we could have asked for. Will be staying there again in June. Super close, nice facilities, quiet, and you can find some real steals in terms of rates. Then having 2 and now having 3 kids under 5, I can't imagine cramming all of us into one resort room. For less than that we get a 3br condo minutes away from the parks. :thumbsup2

Glad you like it, and having a good time. I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind.

How far is it from MK/Epcot/HS? Is there a grocery store close (and restaurants)? Who did you rent the villa through?

I don't know the temp of the pool water but it was very warm! My son went in a couple nights, it was the air temp that made him cold! We had 1 great warm weather day to swim during the day.

There is a WalMart and Publix not far away from resort but we didn't go. We brought alot of food from home since we drove. You can get directions from whomever you rent from.

The drive to the parks was so fast, it was funny, alot quicker than some of the bus service at the Disney resorts! :rolleyes1
I didn't time them but probably 15 minute drive time.

Return trips back were a little congested on 192, check out the shortcut on Sherberth road.

Glad you like it, and having a good time. I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind.

How far is it from MK/Epcot/HS? Is there a grocery store close (and restaurants)? Who did you rent the villa through?

I sent you a private message on who I rented through! Very nice people!

We stayed in one of the townhomes at Windsor Hills in 2007 with the teeny pool - kids thought it was AWESOME! Next year it's Emerald Island at a 7 bedroom villa with a much bigger pool and all their cousins!

I did love how quiet Windsor Hills was - the only issue was having to look at all the commercial throw-up along the road on the way to Disney property (which I assume we will have to see again along Irlo Bronson). Last year it was Bonnet Creek Resort (loved its serenity and location but we couldn't find a way to house so many people in one place and having the whole family in one place is key).

Just returned from EI - if you stay on Funie Steed road (although it is a bit bumpy in 1 place) you come out on Entry Point road and straight onto the shortcut mentioned previously.

Headed there at the end of January. Staying in one of the 6 bedroom villas. Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter