At what age did your child get a cell phone

My daughter was 9- so 5th grade. Its when she started walking a few blocks to the local park to meet friends -I wanted to know if they were leaving there to go anyplace else so she would shoot me a text if they were leaving park to go anyplace. She was actually going to the park the year before but i would give her grandmas phone to use but it was easier to get her a phone of her own when she started going out more alone in 5th.

4th grade. It is more for my convenience. I can call them direct when they are out at a friends. Almost nobody has a house phone. I have three and activities and that is the age I will leave them there. My middle son will be getting his for Christmas. It is an iPhone and cost me nothing to add him. We were switching companies so my bill dropped 30 a month, I got 4 more gigs of data and added a line. I've actually had the phone since March, but was waiting to give it to him until 4th grade...and he wants one so bad I decide it would be a cheap christmas gift so a win/win.

DD7 has my DH's old IPhone 5. It is not hooked up to any plan so it basically functions as an Ipod touch. She is not allowed to keep it in her room and has to aske to play games or listen to music on it. We are not ready for her to have a phone, nor is she ready for the responsibility that come with the privilege of having a phone.

My daughter does not have a working cell phone yet. The plan is to give her one when she starts middle school next year. She will be 12.
She does currently use my husband's old cell phone to plan games. No phone service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter