At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

Oh, I have a question for a certain type of experts - @ariane37, @kastoney, @pepperandchips specifically. And yes, I asked you three for reasons that shall be evident below (hint...it's because I know you guys will provide the answer I want to hear...lol)...

What is the appropriate amount of time to wait to grab a drink once on Disney property?

Here's some recent thinking...arrive around 2pm, visit the lobby of WL because duh, speak to front desk about late checkout, buy a couple mugs (you'll see why), then hit Territory Lounge for a drink, put in said mug, tour resort on the way to room with beverage in hand....

Appropriate to grab a drink within 30 minutes of arrival??

I was originally thinking pool drinks (and some early dinner from GP) after getting settled in the room and hitting the pool with the kids...but now I am thinking that starting out the vaca with an almost immediate beverage really sets the tone for the kind of trip I am hoping for....

I love that you basically called on folks you knew would give you permission. ;) I approve! Love the idea of dumping the drink in the mug.

Oh and I watched Happily Ever After online last night and decided to splurge for the Plaza Garden Viewing Dessert Party! I am so looking forward to that! Of course, I have to shift a few plans...mainly a viewing of Country Bears, which I love and my DH is insisting upon...but I don't think that will be a problem.

Yay! I was just reading a review of the dessert party. We weren't planning on doing the MK fireworks dessert party, as we've done it 3 times now, but then we watched the video of HEA and immediately decided it's a must-do for next summer. We've always been seated at Tomorrowland Terrace, but this looks like it will be much better from the Plaza Garden area. Looking forward to reading about your experience!

And luckily, Country Bears is pretty easy to catch whenever, so that shouldn't be a tough shift. We love that one too, as corny as it is.

I really like the BaTB ears! Every time I see cute ones I wish I found them more comfortable to wear :(

This is my problem too! I bought a set of ears for our first trip years ago but haven't bought a single pair since. I always look at them longingly, but I can't stand the feeling of a headband and the earbands seem to feel especially uncomfortable for me. It's probably a good thing though, as it has likely saved me from a serious ear buying addiction, as demonstrated in this PTR. ;)

I love that you basically called on folks you knew would give you permission. ;) I approve!
HAHA...so my plan was obvious, huh?? ;)

Love the idea of dumping the drink in the mug.
Thank you! They will come in handy for that, I think! :)

Yay! I was just reading a review of the dessert party. We weren't planning on doing the MK fireworks dessert party, as we've done it 3 times now, but then we watched the video of HEA and immediately decided it's a must-do for next summer. We've always been seated at Tomorrowland Terrace, but this looks like it will be much better from the Plaza Garden area. Looking forward to reading about your experience!
I am so excited to do this. But honestly, it surprised me how quick I made the decision as I usually hem and haw. I saw it Friday night and immediately right after, threw caution to the wind and booked it. Then, of course, I sweated it all night because it wasn't a planned expense but by morning I was all good on that...lol.

And luckily, Country Bears is pretty easy to catch whenever, so that shouldn't be a tough shift. We love that one too, as corny as it is.
Agreed. I have it in the plans for two places. Either right after HEA (bc it's at 9 and the park is open until 10), which I think is a good idea, so as to let the park empty out, though I am getting push back on this from the clueless hubs who thinks we need to leave right after. Or Tuesday night when we are repeating all our favorites since we will have already done HEA and the park is open until 11pm.

This is my problem too! I bought a set of ears for our first trip years ago but haven't bought a single pair since. I always look at them longingly, but I can't stand the feeling of a headband and the earbands seem to feel especially uncomfortable for me.
I have problems with certain ones...especially the ones bought at Disney with the skinny band. The wider bands aren't as bad but I admit, I doubt I can wear them all day. I do wear headbands a lot but I have specific ones from Goody called "ouchless" that are designed so much better than regular bands. The decorated ones are the wider ones but they are not the ouchless ones, so I will probably swap out between the decorated and my ouchless.

It's probably a good thing though, as it has likely saved me from a serious ear buying addiction, as demonstrated in this PTR. ;)
No kidding!! LOL

Thank you, thank you! It is getting so close! You guys are a few days before us, a week, yes? Mousekeeping envelopes didn't take me too long. I probably would've bought them off etsy if I had to do more than 2! I'm just so not the creative type....

I still haven't done the envelopes and we leave Saturday morning. I usually use the downloadable templets from Mouseforless. I have 2 left from last trip.

How's baby boy??

He's doing great! Thanks for asking. I'm going to really miss him while we're gone.

I still haven't done the envelopes and we leave Saturday morning. I usually use the downloadable templets from Mouseforless. I have 2 left from last trip.

He's doing great! Thanks for asking. I'm going to really miss him while we're gone.
Yay for leaving Saturday!! I have 2 weeks left. I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

Awww on missing baby boy while you are gone. I'm sure Michelle will text you all kinds of photos! :)

I can't believe your trip is getting so close. Loving the magic bands and the ears!

Love the fireworks ears and those cute Stich ones too!!

Only a week now!:dancer:
Thank you! And well, a week and 5.5 days but close enough that I am starting to both be extremely excited and stressed at the same time!

I am perhaps too excited that your trip is coming up so quickly!
I get it, believe me! I do the exact same and start just stalking people on Facebook who I know are at Disney!!

I am also in the boat of being stupidly excited over someone else's trip here lol. Therefore, I think you should post one last quick outline of your park days so I can keep track of where I am vicariously located over the course of your trip. ;)

I am also in the boat of being stupidly excited over someone else's trip here lol. Therefore, I think you should post one last quick outline of your park days so I can keep track of where I am vicariously located over the course of your trip. ;)
I was thinking about that today. I will definitely do at least one post with all my plans or I may do several with each day's plans. However, it probably won't be until after this last week of school! Unless I get a wild hair to do it right now because I was off today for AJ's Pre-K graduation and he decided to go to my parents' house after and I am here with just one kid and that is all! So ya know what...I might do some posting...lol. And then still do my "this time next week" posts next week!

General Itinerary

Okay, so I was thinking this morning that I never actually posted all my touring plans and I won't bore you guys with those this year but I probably should do an updated itinerary. So I'll do a general one now and then get more specific next week in my "this time, next week" posts.

Before I do that though, I started my outfit list (the photo is on my phone so I will post it in a separate post rather than upload the photo to my laptop as it is just easier that way, I think) and I got my two latest ears delivered. The princess ones have the castle on the back so I will post a photo of that in the next post as well. The Star Wars one I have not heard a word about so I am thinking I may not get that one in time. If not, no biggie...I'll still have 4 to wear this trip.

I have piles of coordinating clothes for the boys on the guest bed and I'm glad I went through the box with the clothes in it because I realized I had several I still needed to wash. I got the Mickey tank I ordered Will from Old Navy in the mail but the McQueen one from Target never showed so I had to have that one reordered. It says it is supposed to be here tomorrow but we shall see.

I started making my Amazon Prime Now grocery order but I can't actually order it until the day before we leave. I also bought some other groceries we are bringing with us. I bought a few travel items but for the most part I am doing that next week. I also know what design I am getting on my nails and toes (photo in next post) and I have an appt for an oil change and tire rotation next Tuesday.

I need to reprint some Touring Plans bc Disney changed some times on some things and posted entertainment schedules this weekend. I need to reprint my Character Locator Maps, as well. Oh and hold the phone, I just got a shipping notice on the Star Wars ears!!! Yay!

So basically tying up loose ends. Anyway, on to the itinerary:

Saturday 6/3 - Arrival Day

• On the road by 6am
  • Breakfast in car (poptarts, granola bars, dry cereal)
  • Lunch stop around 11am in Lake City, FL
  • Arrival between 1 and 3, planning closer to 2pm
  • Check out resort
  • Buy a couple mugs
  • Drinks and maybe cupcakes from Territory Lounge
  • Pool time and early dinner from Geyser Point
  • Disney Springs 6-9:30
  • Back to room by 10, boys to bed
  • EWP 10:35
  • Bed for adults
Sunday 6/4 - Magic Kingdom
  • Park by 8am for Main Street
  • 9am Adventureland and Frontierland
  • 10:35 Crystal Palace
  • Meet PP, ride PP
  • Main Street Bakery
  • Meet Mickey
  • Break 1-5ish
  • Fantasyland
  • 7pm CHH
  • 8ish Dessert Party
  • 9pm HEA
  • Country Bears, Swiss Family Treehouse (to see lights)
  • Back to WL
Monday 6/5 - Epcot and DHS
  • Rope drop Epcot
  • Imagination Pavilion
  • Land Pavilion (including Soarin', 10:10 Garden Grill, Living with the Land)
  • Test Track
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Break 1-5ish
  • DHS
  • Muppets
  • Backlot Express
  • GMR
  • Launch Bay (meet characters)
  • SW Dessert Party
  • SWAGS
  • Back to WL
Tuesday 6/6 - Magic Kingdom
  • Rope drop MK
  • Tomorrowland
  • Meet some characters
  • BOG 11:30
  • More Tomorrowland
  • Casey Jr Splash and Soak
  • Ride the Train
  • Break 1:30-5:30ish
  • Fantasyland
  • Pecos Bill
  • Adventureland
  • Frontierland
  • Fantasyland
  • Tomorrowland
  • MK is open to 11 so I plan to stay as long as I can talk the boys into
  • Back to WL
Wednesday 6/7 - Animal Kingdom
  • Arrive 8:45ish
  • Character Outpost
  • Kusafiri
  • Safari
  • Explore Pandora
  • FoP for Chad (maybe AJ)
  • FotLK
  • Flame Tree
  • Nemo
  • Break 1:30-5:30
  • 5:35 Sanaa
  • Back to AK
  • Dinoland
  • ROL
  • EE for me
  • ToL Awakenings
  • Back to WL
Thursday 6/8 Epcot
  • Arrive 8:45ish
  • Character Spot
  • The Seas
  • Club Cool
  • Les Halles
  • American Adventure Pavilion
  • Norway and FEA
  • Mexico and Gran Fiesta
  • La Cava
  • Break 1:30-5:30ish (Chad going off property to a Cigar Shop)
  • Back to Epcot
  • 6:20 Via Napoli (trying to get 6:45)
  • Explore WS
  • Illuminations
  • Back to WL
Friday 6/9 - Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
  • EMH 8am
  • Fantasyland/Tomorrowland
  • Splash Mtn
  • Muppets show
  • IASW or HM
  • 11:40 O'hana
  • Contempo Cafe for cupcakes
  • Break
  • 5:10 Whispering Canyon Cafe
  • AK
  • Dusk Safari
  • Na'vi River Journey
  • Explore Pandora at night
  • ITTBAB maybe
  • Back to WL
Saturday 6/10 - DHS
  • 8am JTA sign ups
  • 8:15 Hollywood & Vine
  • JTA show
  • Meet Olaf, ST, TSMM, One Man's Dream (Cars 3 preview), Indy, ToT (me)
  • Trolley Car Cafe stop
  • Break 1-5ish
  • Disney Jr
  • CharacterPalooza
  • VotLM
  • TSMM? Meet characters?
  • Sunset Market Ranch (dinner)
  • ToT
  • Fantasmic
  • Back to WL
  • Me to MK???
Sunday 6/11 - Departure Day
  • Trail's End Brunch
  • Drive home - boo hoo
So there ya have it. I'll get into more specifics next week! Oh and Will has a 101 fever right now and he threw up today! But ya know what...get sick now with plenty of time to recover before the trip. And if it persists, I'll take him in to the doc. We have actually all had some tummy troubles this weekend, so maybe we are just getting everything out of the way now. Think good thoughts for us!

Up next: This Time Next Week 6/2/2017

Last edited:
Yay for the itinerary! Boo for sickness! But, as you said, it's good to get it out of the way before the trip. Everything looks great! I had a moment where I was wondering about MK at the end, then I saw your note. :)

Hoping Will feels better quickly!

Yay for the itinerary! Boo for sickness! But, as you said, it's good to get it out of the way before the trip. Everything looks great! I had a moment where I was wondering about MK at the end, then I saw your note. :)

Hoping Will feels better quickly!
Thank you! And I am glad you inspired me to get the itinerary posted because I just might be too overwhelmed next week. :)

Thank you! And I am glad you inspired me to get the itinerary posted because I just might be too overwhelmed next week. :)

Oh, you're welcome. You know I was totally only thinking of you. ;)

And, completely OT, but I have to share a bit of excitement about my upcoming Disney trip because no one in my personal life will get it - we're getting one night at the Grand Californian! As an incredibly long shot I PMed someone renting points soon to expire about checking to see if any of our nights were available for a studio at VCG and amazingly our last night was open! It's just one night, but I am ridiculously excited lol. And having it be the last night we were going to be in the DL area is perfect.

Oh, you're welcome. You know I was totally only thinking of you. ;)

And, completely OT, but I have to share a bit of excitement about my upcoming Disney trip because no one in my personal life will get it - we're getting one night at the Grand Californian! As an incredibly long shot I PMed someone renting points soon to expire about checking to see if any of our nights were available for a studio at VCG and amazingly our last night was open! It's just one night, but I am ridiculously excited lol. And having it be the last night we were going to be in the DL area is perfect.
Oh that's going to be amazing! I can't wait to read all about it and see the photos!

Have been reading through your report and looking forward to hearing about your trip as well! We are summer travelers as well, so excited to read about your experiences.

Have been reading through your report and looking forward to hearing about your trip as well! We are summer travelers as well, so excited to read about your experiences.
Thanks for joining in! I'm going to go check out your PTR.

Our tickers in our signatures are VERY similar and every time I see yours I get fooled and it tells me the trip is sooner than mine! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter