At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

I totally get your reasoning for making the change, but I think Thursday is a morning EMH at Epcot. Didn't see you mention that (though you might have), so I thought I'd mention it just in case. Also, I had really been wanting to try Pecos Bill's for the first time on our last trip. We did so...and HATED it. It was pretty tasteless and the texture was not good, but YMMV. I'm just full of good news tonight, right? :D But I won't judge you for structuring a day around a QS you want to try. I'll be doing that with Casey's next time.

Wednesday, June 7th. Thank you for thinking of me with that!

The one I've got is for 6/9. Wish I could help! I will search for you whenever I'm randomly perusing the Disney site (which may or may not occur with embarrassing frequency:rolleyes1).

I don't do well with simulator rides, unfortunately. Soarin' is about it for me. No Star Tours. I did Body Wars once when it was around and I was so sick. Never again!

We are opposites! When I went to WDW as a kid my 2 favorite rides were Body Wars and Star Tours. I begged to ride them as many times as possible. Then I went to Universal and was all about the Back to the Future Ride. I do not envy you the motion sickness - sorry you have to deal with that!

That would drive me nuts! As much as I complain, I like having some of the day scheduled due to FP+. It just seems easier to fill stuff in around those. Have you tried Touring Plans for Disneyland?

It is driving me so nuts! I did get a TP subscription for the DL side and have played around with it some, but there's no way to build park-hopping into the plans. Because of the close proximity of the parks and the ability to hold a FP from each park simultaneously, we are planning to hop a lot! Such a difference from the way we tour at WDW where we only got hoppers 1 time and then decided not to bother anymore because we hardly used them.

It seems like that is going to be the norm going forward at WDW...so I suppose I should get used to it, huh? I am doing things a little differently this year. I am making a full day's plan for each day but I'm adding in Photopass breaks, and just repeating rides at night at MK so that it can be more loosey goosey and we can change it around if necessary.

For real! I'm grateful that we have so many new things to look forward to, but all the changing also makes me kind of nervous. It seems like they are switching things up a lot now and I have no idea which of our favorites we may have seen for the last time. For example, we had no idea last June that we were seeing MSEP, Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and the MK Welcome show for the last time. I'm scared to think what might be gone with a 2 year gap between trips!

Aw, don't drop Trails End , it's so good!
I know, right??? The only reason I am thinking of dropping it, is because it is departure day and I'm wondering how full and sleepy we will be after eating? Might make for a tough 7 hour car ride home.

Totally get switching so DH can sleep a bit and hopefully build his Disney love! I do things like that, or try, for the boys. Steve is the only one who enjoys getting up early and while I don't mind as much when in Disney, if I know we're doing a late night I try my best not to have to be somewhere before 7 the next morning for my own sanity.
Yeh, he kind of seemed concerned with the late nights when I said we would be doing rope drops every day. Of course, I threw in the midday rest breaks but if I can alleviate some of real late nights/real early morning combos, it's probably best.

We haven't eaten at Pecos Bills in years but I recently saw a picture of their nachos in a dining review and they looked delicious :)
The menu looks really good! I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Might have to sacrifice CHH for those sometime!
We are doing both this trip so I don't have to choose! :)

the food in Disney is a big part of the experience!
Amen, sister!

I totally get your reasoning for making the change, but I think Thursday is a morning EMH at Epcot. Didn't see you mention that (though you might have), so I thought I'd mention it just in case.
OMG, thank you for pointing this out. I looked for AK EMH on Wed but I didn't even notice the one for Epcot on Thursday. Ugh...now I have decisions to make. I don't think we would make it to Epcot EMH bc of the late night at AK. So do I suck it up and go to Epcot even though we will miss EMH (most likely) or do I deal with the late AK night/early MK day? I have exactly 21 days to decide. Ugh.

Also, I had really been wanting to try Pecos Bill's for the first time on our last trip. We did so...and HATED it. It was pretty tasteless and the texture was not good, but YMMV.
Good to know. Maybe I'll look for some more reviews on the restaurant board. I haven't dropped any ADRs except the Bon Voyage one, so I'm good to switch anything back to the original plan, if need be.

The one I've got is for 6/9. Wish I could help! I will search for you whenever I'm randomly perusing the Disney site (which may or may not occur with embarrassing frequency:rolleyes1).
No problem and thank you so much for offering to look!

It is driving me so nuts! I did get a TP subscription for the DL side and have played around with it some, but there's no way to build park-hopping into the plans. Because of the close proximity of the parks and the ability to hold a FP from each park simultaneously, we are planning to hop a lot! Such a difference from the way we tour at WDW where we only got hoppers 1 time and then decided not to bother anymore because we hardly used them.
I do not envy you with the planning portion...just the actual trip portion...hahaha.

For example, we had no idea last June that we were seeing MSEP, Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and the MK Welcome show for the last time. I'm scared to think what might be gone with a 2 year gap between trips!
No kidding, right???

Hi! I've been following your PTR since I'm planning my first trip in June. I'll be there after you, from the 16th through 25th, but it's been helpful to get ideas on how to plan. I'm a DL vet, so WDW is all new and different, and a little bit scary. Haha! I did end up subscribing to TP and it's been great! We don't have hoppers like we usually do at DL, so hopefully we can take our time and check out each park

OMG, thank you for pointing this out. I looked for AK EMH on Wed but I didn't even notice the one for Epcot on Thursday. Ugh...now I have decisions to make. I don't think we would make it to Epcot EMH bc of the late night at AK. So do I suck it up and go to Epcot even though we will miss EMH (most likely) or do I deal with the late AK night/early MK day? I have exactly 21 days to decide. Ugh.

You're welcome! I run into something like this every trip. The only reason I knew that off the top of my head is that it had caused a snag for me when I was trying to plan for WDW this year as well.

Hi! I've been following your PTR since I'm planning my first trip in June. I'll be there after you, from the 16th through 25th, but it's been helpful to get ideas on how to plan. I'm a DL vet, so WDW is all new and different, and a little bit scary. Haha! I did end up subscribing to TP and it's been great! We don't have hoppers like we usually do at DL, so hopefully we can take our time and check out each park
Thank you so much for reading and replying! I am glad you are able to glean some new and useful info from my PTR! I can understand the scariness but like how excited are you guys??? It is going to be so fun! And you will have a leg up just by doing a bit of research.

You're welcome! I run into something like this every trip. The only reason I knew that off the top of my head is that it had caused a snag for me when I was trying to plan for WDW this year as well.
I'm glad you knew/noticed! However, I think we are going to chance it. It's just worth it to me to get back to the resort earlier and I just don't see us wanting to leave AK early. TP has both Wed and Thurs at Epcot as crowd level 6 so we will make it work. I will plan to get their at 9 but if we can get up and get going and get there a little earlier then that will just be gravy time.

Been off the Dis for a bit but I am back and just read through 10 pages of your PTR to get all caught up.

Looks like you pretty much figured out most of the questions you had at the beginning. :) I agree with other posters that as far as the stroller goes it will be much simpler to just pay the extra $21 to avoid the hassle of trying to figure out the best way to pick up or drop it off to avoid the extra cost.

You will love the Peter Pan M+G - we had Peter and Wendy but Peter was hilarious. At one point he was talking about how he gets nervous about that little chameleon keeps showing up and watching him (the M+G was across from the Rapunzel bathroom). He pointed out a few spots where he sees them, which was cool because the kids were trying to find all of the Pascal's and Peter helped them find them all. Just the whole time with him was fun and we are so glad we decided last minute to jump in line.

Yay for your tax money and paying off your trip. :) We don't get very much and we have to replace our roof this year so the little bit we got will be going toward that. I would much rather be paying for a Disney Trip. ;)

Maybe while you are doing Soarin the boys can head over to Nemo and just wander around the aquarium or maybe do talking with Crush and you could just catch up to them there.

Looking forward to seeing what you get for your FP's and watching everything come together for you.

Been off the Dis for a bit but I am back and just read through 10 pages of your PTR to get all caught up.
Welcome back and thanks for reading!!!

agree with other posters that as far as the stroller goes it will be much simpler to just pay the extra $21 to avoid the hassle of trying to figure out the best way to pick up or drop it off to avoid the extra cost.
Thank you for the opinion. I think you guys are all correct, so I will be renting for the whole time. I actually am going to take care of that sometime this or next week.

You will love the Peter Pan M+G
I think they will enjoy it though now they are saying they don't want to do it. But I'm still leaving it in the plans and I'm going to encourage it!

Yay for your tax money and paying off your trip. :) We don't get very much and we have to replace our roof this year so the little bit we got will be going toward that. I would much rather be paying for a Disney Trip. ;)
I can totally relate to this. If I hadn't rented the points from my coworker/friend, we might seriously consider delaying our trip. But its such a good deal and they are counting on the money for a couple of wedding trips they are making, so we will just go ahead this year (and enjoy it) and take a break next year. Fortunately the things we need to do with the money aren't dire and can wait.

Maybe while you are doing Soarin the boys can head over to Nemo and just wander around the aquarium or maybe do talking with Crush and you could just catch up to them there.
Thank you for the suggestion. I think AJ will ride it both times, though I know he will at least once, so it will just be Will that we are trying to entertain. If I didn't have to show him to the CM to get the swap pass, I would just let him stay at ImageWorks longer, but the usual procedure is showing the too short child so that hinders us a bit.

Looking forward to seeing what you get for your FP's and watching everything come together for you.
19 days til FP! I'm freaking out a little bit over here!!

19 days until FP scheduling! I'm freaking out a little bit! I feel like I still have so much to do and I never have time to get it done! Just breathe, Renee!

Okay, so even though @Jfsag123 informed me that Epcot on Thursday is an AM EMH day, I think I have decided to stick with my second plan of AK on Wed and Epcot on Thurs. Some of you may not have even noticed that I freaked out a bit and considered changing back, but ultimately I decided to risk the crowds for the earlier close out of the night. According to some reviews and the touring plans crowd calendar, there isn't much difference for Epcot, whether or not it is AM EMH.

I had been planning to post both MK Day 2 and 3 plans (even though they aren't consecutive days on the calendar) yesterday as I finished both of those - it was easier to do all of MK at once so I could make sure we scheduled everything we wanted to - but I inadvertently got in the middle of two people's work drama yesterday and it messed with my daily agenda. Ugh. Anyway, I am finding 3 days in MK is quite a bit, so we are able to repeat things two and three times. You may laugh when I get to Day 3 b/c of my FP options.

Initial Touring Plans: Tuesday, June 6 - MK Day 2

MK 6-6 FP.png

Okay, so I plan to FP Space Mtn for me and Tomorrowland Speedway for the boys. We may not need either of those FPs that early - because I am the only thrill rider in my family, you will find that FPing unnecessary things becomes a trend for us - but I really don't have much else to FP so there ya go. If the Speedway FP is unnecessary then I'll ride with the boys, otherwise they can ride while I ride Space Mtn. The BTMRR FP I want to schedule for around 10 when they do the new nighttime show, though because it isn't as many fireworks presumably, it may not be as good as riding when Wishes was going on. Regardless, I just enjoy riding it at night. So I'll book for as late as possible, initially, and then change it once hours are extended.
MK 6-6 part 1.png
MK 6-6 part 2.png
MK 6-6 part 3.png
MK 6-6 part 4.png
MK 6-6 map.png
So there is MK day 2. Again, I am just loosely planning the evenings. No doubt they will extend hours til at least 11...so we will probably add in the Frontierland Shooting Arcade and maybe a Dole Whip stop. And anything else we want to do.

You'll notice I put in some time for Photopass Photos. I want to make sure we have time for those. I would like some in front of the castle and maybe with the Tangled Lantern, since it has been extended. I'm just trying to be very flexible with the nights so we have that freedom to change our minds or just stop and smell the roses. I feel like because we have 3 MK days, we have that luxury there.

As far as Storybook Circus, I know the boys want to meet Donald and Goofy. We'll see if they end up wanting to meet Daisy and Minnie, as well. But I'll leave it there, just in case. And I want to be over there before they open at 10 because I've heard the lines can get long.

Other than that, I think it is fairly straightforward but if you have any questions or glaring concerns that I may have missed, please let me know! Thank you!

Up next: Initial Touring Plans: Friday, June 9 - MK Day 3

Last edited:
Initial Touring Plans: Friday, June 9 - MK Day 3

Okay, so I am floundering a little on scheduling this day. **AKA: I NEED HELP WITH THIS PLAN**

We are mostly repeating on this day and I'm not 100% sure what the family will want to repeat and what they won't want to repeat. I thought about adding HM in for a re-ride but I'm afraid the boys may be one and done and I don't care about it enough to fight them. But I could be wrong. I have Barnstormer scheduled again, but I have no idea if anyone will be interested enough to re-ride (as an aside, this is one that TP suggests FPing in my schedule and obviously, I don't want to since I don't really know if we will want to ride again). TP also suggests FPing PP, however we can't because we will be riding it during EMH and FPs can't be scheduled then. I'm a little suspect of the plan anyway because I have PP scheduled first but TP says a 17 min wait right at EMH rope drop. Oh, and because of the two TS on this day, there really isn't a ton of park time, but I think I am okay with that for the third MK day. Anyway, I'll let you all look at it and see if you have any thoughts or suggestions:

MK 6-9 FP.png
As you can see, I haven't truly even decided what to FP. Splash is probably good but it may not be needed so early in the morning. And I only put IASW because TP suggested it will have a 21 min wait, which may or may not be true during the busy month of June.
MK 6-9 part 1.png

It seems odd to me that we would only get through 2 rides for AM EMH so, like I mentioned about, that's highly suspect to me. I originally has IASW scheduled for after Pooh and yes, I realize that's criss-crossing Fantasyland but PP is best as first and Pooh is best as second, I think. Anyway, if we manage to finish these early enough, we can throw IASW in there after, but then that makes the FP not needed for later (if I even schedule that one). Oh and Splash is kind of a PITA to have to do Child Swap on. It is going to take us forever.
MK 6-9 part 2.png
We have 'Ohana for 11:15, so I figured if we leave right after the Muppets thing, we should have plenty of time to get a monorail over to the Poly, but having never tried it before, I could be way wrong. Thoughts?? Oh and I usually only schedule TS for 1 hr 15 min but I heard that 'Ohana is notorious for being late and slow, so I just built in 2 hours. If we get done earlier, then great.

And this is where I plan to head to the Contemporary, specifically Contempo Cafe, for some of the seasonal cupcakes I have heard so many good things about. We'll do the usual swim and rest break, then I hope that we are hungry for WCC. If nothing else, I'll get an app, a dessert, and a drink (or two). And we can always run any leftovers back to the room for later if need be.

Also, I figured we could add in Haunted Mansion here if we did IASW earlier or even if we didn't because we should have some extra time once MK hours get extended. So maybe I should just book an HM FP and change it while we are there if the boys decided after the first ride on Sunday, that they NEVER want to ride it again...lol.
MK 6-9 part 3.png
Again, I just put some stuff here that I think we will want to repeat. As far as the People Mover, I want to do it at night when MK is all lit up and during the nighttime show would be even better. So there will be adjustment once hours are extended.
MK 6-9 map.png
So there it is...MK day 3. Maybe I am worrying more than I should. Maybe it will be nice to have a not-so-structured day. Maybe I need to chill out...haha. But I think I have mentioned I feel under pressure to deliver a great trip so I can create a WDW fan out of my DH. And with scheduling FP 60 days out, it can make one feel a little stressed. I am smart enough to know that almost all FP can be changed fairly easily within a few days of the trip and there WILL BE changes before the trip takes place.

Regardless, if you guys have any advice for me, please share! Thank you, in advance!

ETA: If AK goes to Tiers, I *may* -at that time - just schedule my FPs for there (therefore giving us 2 days of FPs to use there) and we can decided once we are at WDW if we want to stick with those or go back to MK for this night. I hate to give up our last MK night but, based on everyone else's opinion, going to AK may be the smart move. However, if that is the case, I would need to work riding the People Mover at night into the schedule on either Sunday or Tuesday...because that truly is a *must-do* for me.

Up next: Initial Touring Plans: Wednesday, June 7 - AK Full Day

Last edited:
Hi!!!! :wave:

I am trying to wrap my head around all of your MK FP options... So, forgive me if I am all over the place a bit...

Okay, so even though @Jfsag123 informed me that Epcot on Thursday is an AM EMH day, I think I have decided to stick with my second plan of AK on Wed and Epcot on Thurs. Some of you may not have even noticed that I freaked out a bit and considered changing back, but ultimately I decided to risk the crowds for the earlier close out of the night. According to some reviews and the touring plans crowd calendar, there isn't much difference for Epcot, whether or not it is AM EMH.
I would think EPCOT is the best park to not rope drop and/or hit EMH. I actually don't think we have done one yet. It is such a bit park, it absorbs people well. I hope you have settled down with your decision...

Anyway, I am finding 3 days in MK is quite a bit, so we are able to repeat things two and three times. You may laugh when I get to Day 3 b/c of my FP options.
  • Are you doing Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin? I would think your boys would love that...
  • Pooh is a good one for a fastpass. It gets a long line like PP!
  • Jungle Book or Pirates can get long waits sometimes...
  • The parade? It's my favorite thing in MK... No fastness for that but def worth finding a spot for.

The BTMRR FP I want to schedule for around 10 when they do the new nighttime show, though because it isn't as many fireworks presumably, it may not be as good as riding when Wishes was going on. Regardless, I just enjoy riding it at night. So I'll book for as late as possible, initially, and then change it once hours are extended.
It is def fun to ride at night!

Anyway, if we manage to finish these early enough, we can throw IASW in there after, but then that makes the FP not needed for later (if I even schedule that one).
I find IASW a waste of a fastness. You do skip some of the line, but you get dumped in with everyone. It's such an old ride que. Def one you want to do early-isa and possibly not do a FP for it... (just my two cents)

PP does get a line fast! But it isn't that bad. It is long enough to kind of enjoy the PP Que, which is def fun in itself...

We have 'Ohana for 11:15, so I figured if we leave right after the Muppets thing, we should have plenty of time to get a monorail over to the Poly, but having never tried it before, I could be way wrong. Thoughts??
I would think you will have enough time, but with little kids it depends, will you need to stop for the potty? (that is our families drama ALL the time.... ) The ride itself is short, it will just matter how long you have to wait for a train. But overall I think you should be ok more or less.

I heard that 'Ohana is notorious for being late and slow, so I just built in 2 hours. If we get done earlier, then great.
Good to know! I am planning on doing at at 3:30 and then head to EPCOT. Hopefully we can just enjoy the experience! Funny, didn't they use to rush people?!?

. If nothing else, I'll get an app, a dessert, and a drink (or two).
Whispering Canyon is so good! I hope you have room!!! When we went the bottomless milkshake was included as your drink on the meal plan! Not sure if that is still the case. I was determined to actually get a refill but that didn't happen.

Also, I figured we could add in Haunted Mansion here if we did IASW earlier or even if we didn't because we should have some extra time once MK hours get extended. So maybe I should just book an HM FP and change it while we are there if the boys decided after the first ride on Sunday, that they NEVER want to ride it again...lol.
You never know! My oldest love HM, my youngest was just ok with it....

Maybe it will be nice to have a not-so-structured day.
We tend to plan 3 MK days. The first two have days with purpose and specific things to do. Then the 3rd day is the best of day. We l\all choose 2 things we want to do again (or possibly haven't done yet). It makes it hard from a fastness perspective. But depending on what they want to do, you might still be able to get them on the fly... Or just pick the ones you "think" they will want to do and then change as needed. I guess, I am suggested for that day. be flexible!

I am smart enough to know that almost all FP can be changed fairly easily within a few days of the trip and there WILL BE changes before the trip takes place.
:thumbsup2

Hey! :wave2:

I am trying to wrap my head around all of your MK FP options... So, forgive me if I am all over the place a bit...
No problem! Thank you for attempting to answer so many of my conundrums!

I would think EPCOT is the best park to not rope drop and/or hit EMH. I actually don't think we have done one yet. It is such a bit park, it absorbs people well. I hope you have settled down with your decision...
I pretty much thought the same! Thanks for your thoughts!

Are you doing Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin? I would think your boys would love that...
Have it twice. Once at rope drop, another for Friday evening! So I'll add that as a possible FP.

Pooh is a good one for a fastpass. It gets a long line like PP!
Yep, have Pooh every MK day - it's my oldest' favorite. 2 days with a FP, the other during EMH.

Jungle Book or Pirates can get long waits sometimes...
I'll add those to the list! We are doing them at rope drop on Sunday and late evening on Tuesday.

The parade? It's my favorite thing in MK... No fastness for that but def worth finding a spot for.
Don't blast me, but we aren't doing the parade! :duck:We have a midday break scheduled during it all three days!

It is def fun to ride at night!
For sure!

I find IASW a waste of a fastness.
I tend to agree.

PP does get a line fast! But it isn't that bad. It is long enough to kind of enjoy the PP Que, which is def fun in itself...
Yeh, I am not sure I believev17 minutes but if it is, we'll deal.

I would think you will have enough time, but with little kids it depends, will you need to stop for the potty? (that is our families drama ALL the time.... ) The ride itself is short, it will just matter how long you have to wait for a train. But overall I think you should be ok more or less.
Thanks for the thoughts!

Good to know! I am planning on doing at at 3:30 and then head to EPCOT. Hopefully we can just enjoy the experience! Funny, didn't they use to rush people?!?
I've just read they tend to run late. Hopefully that's changed!

Whispering Canyon is so good! I hope you have room!!! When we went the bottomless milkshake was included as your drink on the meal plan! Not sure if that is still the case. I was determined to actually get a refill but that didn't happen.
I hope I have room too! I am not sure about the milkshake on the meal plan but I am 99% sure we won't be doing the plan.

You never know! My oldest love HM, my youngest was just ok with it....
'Tis true! AJ has really changed his tune since we first started talking about attractions.

We tend to plan 3 MK days. The first two have days with purpose and specific things to do. Then the 3rd day is the best of day. We l\all choose 2 things we want to do again (or possibly haven't done yet). It makes it hard from a fastness perspective. But depending on what they want to do, you might still be able to get them on the fly... Or just pick the ones you "think" they will want to do and then change as needed. I guess, I am suggested for that day. be flexible!
So I'll be in good company, then! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to everything!

Quick update to the Friday fiasco....

I have decided to pre-book our Friday FPs at AK. I am planning to book ROL for both AK nights so I can decide later when I want to do it and I think that would be harder to book down the road than the ones in MK I would book. Based on how things shake out with the Pandora rides and the possible tiering at AK, I'll make my final decision on park choice and FP choices when all the info is released...whenever that is.

If we do end up going to AK that night, I will not be able to book a Splash Mtn FP, but because we should be hitting it right after EMH, I am hoping we will be fine. I'll also need to figure out when to get my People Mover night ride in. If we do Happily Ever After and Once Upon a Time on the same night (Sunday), I'll have to figure out a way to get back over to Tomorrowland from Frontierland after BTMRR. But I'm not sure if the boys would do well with waiting for both shows in the same night. It might be best to split them up. That's another thing I'll need to figure out. Ugh.

Initial Touring Plans: Wednesday, June 7 - AK Full Day

Okay, so the plans I'm about to post are basically "dream" plans....aka, AK doesn't go to tiers. I have a contingency plan in place if they do go to tiers, which includes coming back to AK on Friday night, instead of going to MK. I really don't want to give up my MK night but it is my 3rd one, so it obviously makes more sense to hit the park where we still haven't done everything we want, than to go back to a park where we are just repeating things at that point.

So, if they go to tiers, we will definitely go to AK Friday night. If they don't go to tiers, we may still go back to AK based on what we can get done on the one day because we won't have time to do everything, but it won't be as definite. Regardless, I will book my FPs at AK for both days initially and then we will see how everything shakes out.

For the full day (Wed) I plan to initially book ROL, Character Spot, and EE. No matter what happens with the tiers, I will try to eventually book DH for Flight of Passage but I'll keep EE for myself because I don't do the intense type simulator rides.

So here are the plans if AK does not go to tiers (note I would actually book ROL as opposed to Character Spot):
AK 6-7 FP.png
AK 6-7 part 1.png
AK 6-7 part 2.png
AK 6-7 part 3.png
AK 6-7 map.png
If this plan comes to fruition, I'll probably send the boys to line up for ROL or else get them settled in seats while I ride EE. Also, I plan to hit Thirsty River Bar and Snacks to grab some drinks for the adults and snacks for the boys, while we wait for the show.

Contingency Plan: If AK does go to tiers, I will definitely plan to hit Nav'i River Journey at Rope drop as we won't be able to FP that one. Then we will head to KS. Based on what tier KS goes to, I will book it instead of NRJ. But KS may end up being a tier 1 as well (ugh, this is getting annoying, isn't it?).

Anyway, if they do go to tiers, and ROL is in tier 1, then we will have that booked for the second AK night, which I will post right after this update.

Ugh, my last thought...this is a HOT MESS.

Up next:
Initial Touring Plans: Friday, June 9 - AK Evening

Last edited:
Initial Touring Plans: Friday, June 9 - AK Evening

So for this night, we have a 5:10 ADR for WCC. I figure with eating and travel time to be at AK by around 7:15/7:30 (I hope). I also don't want to stay too terribly late because we have an 8:15 PPO ADR at H&V the next day and I want to sign AJ up for Jedi Training before the ADR. This plan has us there until about 10 or so, so even if hours get extended to 11, we would need to head out by around 10.

AK 6-9 FP.png
AK 6-9 part 1.png
AK 6-9 map.png
This is the day where I wish we could split FP between parks. I really would like to schedule Splash Mtn at MK for the AM then the two I have listed for the PM. Since I can't do that, I guess I'll book EE, just to have it and then if I need to change it to something else - like ITTBAB, then I can. Not sure it would even be necessary but I'm the only one who would do EE, so that one might would be useless. We also just may skip ITTBAB so we can spend a bit more time watching the Tree of Life. Honestly, its getting incredibly annoying to come up with these plans, but I figure its better to have something in place...even if we end up scrapping it.

Oh and again, if we did ROL here, I could always go ride EE in the single rider line while the boys wait and I definitely plan to hit up Thirsty River as I laid out in the other AK day plan. If time, I may grab a drink from Tamu Tamu - can you say Dole Whip with Rum??? - or Dawa while we are over at KS but we will just have to watch timing.

Okay, this is making my head hurt. I apologize if it is doing the same for you. It helps me to post it all here so I can see if it actually makes sense or if I have committed a egregious error. So thanks to anyone that wades through all this you-know-what!

14 days til FP! I still need to work on my Epcot full day and my DHS full day and then I will be ready. Thank goodness. With it being 7.5 more school days til Spring Break plus me dealing with all this stressful planning stuff - I promise I usually enjoy it but crunch times are not my favorite parts - I am truly counting down the days!

Up Next: Fastpasses Booked!

Last edited:
Seeing your plan for Sanaa makes me want to put it back into my plan! I want to try that bread service!!!!

Ugh, my last thought...this is a HOT MESS.
I think you have some good plans considering what you know.. I don't know how they can't roll out the tiers after folks start making fastness reservations. But I guess they would just make you go in and re-do those fast passes?!?

Honestly, its getting incredibly annoying to come up with these plans, but I figure its better to have something in place...even if we end up scrapping it.
I think you need a plan to be able to execute your plans! :)

Hopefully EPCOT will be more fun to "plan".

Oh and again, if we did ROL here, I could always go ride EE in the single rider line while the boys wait and I definitely plan to hit up Thirsty River as I laid out in the other AK day plan.
This sounds like a good plan for EE regardless, if you are the only one riding. And I mean YOU NEED a drink from Thirsty River!!!!

Okay, this is making my head hurt. I apologize if it is doing the same for you. It helps me to post it all here so I can see if it actually makes sense or if I have committed a egregious error. So thanks to anyone that wades through all this you-know-what!
My head hurts but I think it is because you can't really have a plan with out the rest of of the info...

@StarWarsMomofGirls! it always get so crazy at this stage of the game....I do promise I'll get over it once I get FPs booked and I get all these plans nailed down. Then I'll be ready to celebrate....until about a week or so out and then I'll stressed again! :)

Ok I’m going back a couple of posts, but first off you will get way more than PP and WtP done during EMH at MK. We have done it multiple times. Here’s what we get done and the order we do it in: PP, WtP, meet Ariel, Little Mermaid ride, Barnstormer x2. If you go straight there, PP will be a walk-on. This was the case even with me in a wheelchair last trip, which meant we did not get there very swiftly.

Your timing for getting to ‘Ohana should be fine as long as there isn’t a monorail breakdown or something (which happened to us once on the way to 1900 PF). We’ve been to ‘Ohana twice and didn’t wait more than 20 minutes for our reservation each time. Nice amount of time for potty breaks and the kids to browse Moana Mercantile.

AK looks great! Maybe I’m crazy (probably), but I’m thinking they won’t go to tiers there. I think they have enough headliners to keep it the way it is even with the 2 new rides. Plus, there will be several families who will only be doing the boat ride anyway because their kids will be too short for FoP.

You’re so close to FP+ booking! Meanwhile I’m sitting here waiting for DLR dining reservations and park hours to post less than 3 months out. It’s such a different experience!

Hi! I fell super behind, and you've been a busy planning bee!!

I have zero advice, but I'm following closely; you're good at the puzzle!

Hope your FP day is smooth. Hopefully if the tier AK you'll get all you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter