assisted access passes

energizerbunny

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever used an assisted access pass? I was told by Guest Services that I will have these passes waiting for me at the park because I have a disability. They sound alot like FOTL passes but I just wanted to be clear what this was before I get to the park. Also is it better to go to Guest Services Lobby inside the park or to get them at the window outside. I was told I could do either. Thanks :D

If you have a disability that prevents you from going through the regular queue, you have a special handicapped entrance. Usually it is an elevator that will take you up or you enter through an alternate entrance.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

It will be quicker for you to go to the Guest Services lobby inside the gates. Especially in the morning, due to the lines at the windows out in front of the park.

Also, be aware, at most attractions you will simply be directed into the Universal Express queues - unless you are unable to walk up or down a few steps. Basically, the Assisted Access Pass will give a guest the same privileges as an on-site hotel guest.

thanks for the info... I am a little nervous about this trip and my ability to get around the park. I feel a little more at ease now. :rolleyes:

Also, please be aware that ALL queues at Universal are fully accessible to guests in wheelchairs (except BTTF and Kong).

In other words, Assisted Access Passes are not handed out like candy and, typically, very very few guests actually get them. If your disability (without getting personal) only confines you to a wheelchair, than you will most likely NOT get an AAP. Many guests, if they do have trouble walking, will be given a comp wheelchair or ECV rather than an AAP to help them get around.

Typically, if the disability is not readily visible (severe autism, etc), guests are required to bring documentation from their doctor that the disability exists.

Like I said, don't need to get personal, but be prepared, based on your disability, that AAPs are not very easy to get due to the accessibility of the parks. If you were, in fact, promised one on the phone - might want to call guest services in advance and confirm it - plus get the names of the people you talked with.

Just don't want you to be dissappointed when you get there

I already have the names and positions of everyone I spoke with and numbers where I reached them..... I was told that the park is not allowed to request medical infomation by law, but I do not have a problem giving the information they might want.... I also carry a medical ID card every where I go because I have a medical device implanted in me. Thank you for your help, if you have more info or ideas I'd be glad to hear them, or if you know what medical documents they might ask to see it would be a great help to my family and me. Thanks again! ;)

Great to hear you've made all the prior arrangements and planned your trip so well! Sounds like you shouldn't have a problem whatsoever (although I'm wondering if Universal should hire you as a consultant to help train other guests in planning their vacation better)!

Have a great time on your trip!

I am planning to call and verify that the passes are there in the VGS system as I was told they would be. Hey put the work out on that job.... I would love to do that LOL
I have an odd question.. Are there medal detectors when you enter the park? I know almost all parks have them.... I can't pass through them with my device and was wondering how big a deal this is gonna be. This might be another question for Guest Services....

There are no metal detectors at the park entrance.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter