As God is My Witness, I'll Never be Hungry Again - Finished w/lots of pics!!

I loved your report, I read the entire thing, a first for me! Well written, and made me laugh so many times! Sounds like you guys had a great time, thanks for sharing it with us! :goodvibes

Jason has a nickname for me when this happens: Remorseless Eating Machine.
From the Simpsons??? :rotfl:

As for me...my second breakfast was success, baby!
DSC01651.jpg

That's right...A Tuna Fish Sandwich!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
And when you order this option for some reason they'll give you two bags of carrots and I love raw carrots with my tuna fish. They were telling the truth -dreams really do come true here. ;)

This was the best tuna sandwich I had all week. .
I've asked this question a MILLION times and never gotten an answer.... please tell me.... What is in this tuna???? Is it sweet? Onions? I'm dying to try it, but I really don't like sweet tuna. Thanks!!!:goodvibes

This may have already been asked, because I haven't read the entire thread yet...so sorry if it's a repeat. We are staying at SSR in March and I was curious how long it did take you to walk to DTD?

There's nothing like joining a party late! :yay: Great report and I loved your reviews. We're headed to WDW in a couple of weeks and you've got me rethinking some of our ADRs.

Can't wait to read your TR.

I just started to read your post this evening. You have caused me to change one of my ADR's thanks to your review of Raglan Road. :)

Wow...I mean, wow. I can't believe people are still reading this (even if it is too long for it's own good.)

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to let me know that you enjoyed the food love as much as Jason and I did. :goodvibes

BTW, in case anyone was curious about the Sake we sampled in Japan, let me just tell you that I am married to a really smart man. I remember saying something like this: "We'll remember what this is called and when we get home we'll ask the Wine Merchant to order some for us. There is no need to trouble ourselves with pen and paper while we are drinking."

Fast forward to a week before Christmas when I was trying to remember what it was called so that I could also give some to my nephew for the holidays (he takes Japanese as a foreign language in college). All I could recall is that the bottle was big and black and the name started with a "W."

Wannabuysome?

Nope, that's not it.

Wishihadsome?

Nope.

Wasabi?

Definitely not.

Whatchamacallit?

Not Likely.

Wuh...wuh...wuh....

Jason told me I sounded like the actress playing Helen Keller in the Miracle Worker with that last guess. And then, my genius of a husband pulls up our vacation pictures and there it was...in all it's glory...a picture of the bottle of sake!!! :thumbsup2

You wanna know what it's called?

Wakatake.

I like the way it sounds when I say it, which knowing me is probably the wrong way to pronounce it. Wakatake Sake...it rhymes!

Jockies who watch hockey often drink Wakatake Sake!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK, sorry...it just popped in there while I was typing. Anyway, this sake is a Daiginjo Sake, which uses polished rice in the brewing process resulting in a light complex flavor. It should be served chilled. Having tried it a second time here at home I can tell you that my more sober experience is that this sake has a fruity taste with a dry finish, and it is quite good. So if you enjoy sake and you've never tried this, go for it!

And now for a few replies to some of you kind DISers...

Jknepfle - Thanks for reading! Jay and I think we're pretty fun to hang around with, but we could be biased! ;)

Corbennic - Thanks for the scone information. I will never wonder again if I'm eating a biscuit or a scone. And they were very tasty!

MicheinMA - Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy Rose & Crown - be sure to let me know how your experience goes!

AussieAngel - I never would have guessed that "Dalkey" is pronounced "Dorky" but it seems awfully appropriate for the hubby and me, don't you think? ;) Thanks for taking the time to read.

Nynaeve - Thanks so much for seeing me through to the end; I'm always happy to try to provide a few laughs. And the next time you get to WDW, you simply must try the California Grill. :thumbsup2

lennon2004 - I hope you enjoy your first trip to WDW - be sure to post a trip report and let us know what you think. As for my trip report...it's in my head I just can't seem to get transferred to computer. But I'll try...although I'm starting to feel some pressure now! ;)

TruBlu - REM - the remorseless eating machine...yep, it's a Simpsons reference. Nicely done! As for the tuna sandwich, it was pretty basic - tuna and mayonnaise, that's about it. I don't recall that it was too sweet, but it has been a few months. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Actually I'm eating tuna fish for lunch right now...man I am predictable and boring, aren't I? :rotfl2:

Sunny04 - We stayed in Congress Park when we were at SSR, and we had a villa that was pretty close to the water. I'd say it was about a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney and about 20-25 minutes to Pleasure Island / West Side depending on the crowds. SSR is a big resort - you might want to call member services and request a water view if you're planning on doing a lot of walking to DTD.

ARS123 - Better late than never, right? I hope you enjoy your trip and I'll see what I can do about getting my trip report started here on the DIS. Really, I had no idea anyone would really want to read it.

Spike - I love your avatar! It makes me want to belch repeatedly - if I weren't at work I just might do it, too! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy Raglan Road. Be sure to let me know how your experience goes (man am I going to feel crappy if you end up hating it!).

hentob - Thanks for reading and thanks for the nice compliment! :flower3:

Ang - Thanks for taking the time to read everything - glad you enjoyed it.

Brian&Donna - Greetings fellow Crohn! Thanks for reading and enjoy your February trip (which should be really soon I imagine!). Take extra good care of your intestinal tract and please let me know how your trip goes.

Beth E - Thanks so much! If you don't mind waiting until June, you can have another installment then! ;)

Again, thanks everyone - it was a pretty cruddy week here and reading your comments really made my day. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading - glad to know I'm not the only one having a good time reliving the food love. :teeth:

What is it about vacation with the parents? My mom is really a wonderful person...except when we try to take a trip somewhere.

I finally told my parents not to schedule a cruise next fall with us because it was pretty obvious that my mom was not going to enjoy a Disney Cruise if she was bored at WDW after four days.

I couldn't help but laugh at your Le Cellier story...it sounds so much like my mom, too! :lmao:

Every mention of your mom, a picture pops into my mind of George Costanza's mom. And I am cracking up!! :rotfl2:

Hi everybody! I wish the DIS had a Dr. Nick icon that I could use whenever I type that. :lmao:

Anyway, for those of you who have been asking...I have finally started a real trip report for our voyage of discovery from October. The first post is mainly background information, but I though I'd let you guys know that it is officially started.

Follow the link in my signature...and let the madness begin!! ;)

You want the truth?! You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! When you reach over in a big pile of goo and that was your best friend's face, then you'll know! Forget it, Marge, it's China town!

:rotfl2: Looking forward to it!!!!

You want the truth?! You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! When you reach over in a big pile of goo and that was your best friend's face, then you'll know! Forget it, Marge, it's China town!

:rotfl2: Looking forward to it!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One of my favorite quotes ever: It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with a slice of cantaloupe at the end. You don't get completely what you would at breakfast, but you get a good meal!

Where have you been all of my life? :lmao:

Great reviews and pictures - you do a great job of blending information and humor!

(Thirdly, dessert: I did not and still do not know what a ligonberry is. Before stopping here and using our last two snack credits I'd never even heard of a ligonberry. Have you ever heard of a ligonberry? What type of US berry is it related to: Strawberry; Raspberry; Gooseberry; Twinberry; Dave Barry???)

We serve these at work, I always tell people they remind me of a cranberry a bit tart..

Timon, I can't believe I haven't seen your little princess before now -- somewhere on these boards. What a beautiful baby.

Such great reviews! I've already told my DH I want to go to DW in Oct so I can eat and drink my way around the world.
Thanks so much for such a fun read!

I rose from the couch and threw a pillow at her. "Go to your room!!!"

I don't know if I have laughed harder or more frequently -- you have such a good sense of humor and I totally enjoyed the report.

Thanks,
Linda

Where have you been all of my life? :lmao:

Great reviews and pictures - you do a great job of blending information and humor!

I didn't know you've been looking for me! :lmao:

Thanks for reading!

(Thirdly, dessert: I did not and still do not know what a ligonberry is. Before stopping here and using our last two snack credits I'd never even heard of a ligonberry. Have you ever heard of a ligonberry? What type of US berry is it related to: Strawberry; Raspberry; Gooseberry; Twinberry; Dave Barry???)

We serve these at work, I always tell people they remind me of a cranberry a bit tart..

Yes, I agree...they do remind me a bit of a cranberry now that I think about it. And the other day at the grocery store we actually saw Lingonberry preserves for sale! Either we've never noticed them before or the state of Missouri is broadening its horizons. ;)

Thanks for reading.

Such great reviews! I've already told my DH I want to go to DW in Oct so I can eat and drink my way around the world.
Thanks so much for such a fun read!

Thank you very much! If you haven't had a chance to eat your way around the World Showcase in October you are missing a real treat - I hope you get a chance to give it a try.

I rose from the couch and threw a pillow at her. "Go to your room!!!"

I don't know if I have laughed harder or more frequently -- you have such a good sense of humor and I totally enjoyed the report.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda, thanks so much; I'm glad you enjoyed it! :goodvibes

Great reviews & photos thanks

Thanks for reading!

Timon, I can't believe I haven't seen your little princess before now -- somewhere on these boards. What a beautiful baby.

Linda,

Thanks :) Yeah, I've posted pics of her and links to even more pics of her :rolleyes1
What can I say I am a proud momma :love: I am just now starting her scrapbook and have posted a few layouts on the SB board. Progress is a little slow but it's there!!! ;)

We are going back to WDW and DCL in October (we are kidnapping Brenda's Plankton since her and Jason will no longer be joining us and I will be doing another live trippie, so watch for MANY photos of Kira then!! :rolleyes1

....and now back to your regularly scheduled programming....(sorry for the temporary hijacking Brenda!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter