As a child , did you like everyone in your family?

I did not like my older brother. He’s 9 years older and was very mean to me when I was little. This was back in the 60’s and 70’s. He use to grab me and press my face up against the tv screen and back then there would be static and you’d get poked and he’d just hold my face to it. Or he would grab my hands and make me clap them together really hard until I cried. One time he jumped out of the upstairs bedroom right by the stairs. I was about 5 and he had a horrible skeleton mask on. He scared me and I ran down the stairs almost falling. I actually did fall down the stairs when I was 3 and broke my arm. Don’t really remember it but wouldn’t surprise me at all if he didn’t have something to do with it. I have never been close to him. He’d get in trouble for doing those things to me but it never stopped him. He’s a jerk.

Yes, and I still do.

ETA- I took this to mean immediate family. We have one cousins that we no longer speak to after a story too far fetched for tv. When we have to reference them, we use a choice word to describe them.

Last edited:

I loved them all and still do...well, except for one of my aunts on my father's side. She and I have a history. I haven't spoken to her since the night of my dad's viewing in 1987, when she was kicked out of the funeral home by by mother.

Can’t recall anyone I disliked. Had 2 or 3 relations by marriage that could be a lot to deal with at times. But I saw that more as I became an adult than when I was a child.

No. My grandmother's sister was very mean to me,
and no one ever defended me.
My sister, like a previous post's brother, was pure evil.
She slammed my hand in the car door TWICE one summer,
also slammed it in our front door,
and on our family trip to the Statue of Liberty
she tried to make me fall over the railing inside
by repeatedly kicking me.
These are only a few of my memories - I have many more.
Thanks for listening... :surfweb:

As a very little kid, yes. But it didn't take long for me to realize how hypocritical, mean-spirited, and generally awful many of my extended family members were. From my uncle who disavowed any knowledge of me when I had a brief brush with fame (and later told my dad to "Get thee behind me Satan" when we went to visit my grandma in the hospital) to my aunt who was a religious nut (and years later gleefully informed me that my mom was in hell, less than a week after she died). Thankfully I had a fantastic relationship with my parents and grandparents.

Immediate family? Yes. My sibs and I fought, of course, but at the end of the day we all got along pretty well.
More distant relatives? Not so much. Most cousins were pretty neat but there were some I never got along with.

Nope. I had a “weird uncle” that nobody liked. He was the baby of my Dad’s family and was a total jerk. He lived with our grandparents until he was 40 and me and all my cousins avoided him because he very maliciously teased us and tried to get us in trouble and just generally behaved in a more juvenile way than we did. Every once in a while he’d cross a line and one of our parents would aggressively put him in his place but it never stuck. I had almost nothing to do with him as an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter