Artist Point suggestions

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
My DH and I are planning on eating a special adult dinner here one night during our next trip. We are going to send our two teen DDs to roaring forks and then to the arcade while we have a nice dinner alone.

I was wondering what others have tried and liked or didn't like. Is it worth the price to do the wine pairing? I love wine, but my DH isn't as much of a fan.

They are well known for their Cedar Plank salmon - my dh & dd's rave about it. I'm allergic to fish, so I usually get a steak. Haven't been adventurous enough to try the buffalo, but I have read good reviews about it. Don't miss the berry cobbler for dessert. This restaurant is a "must do" for us each trip. Enjoy!

My husband and I just ate there for our 3rd annivesary and it was wonderful! I had the Cedar Plank Salmon which was extremely good, you have to like seafood though, Salmon is very fishy tasting. Jeff (Husband) had the buffalo steak which he said was very good too. We also had the vension spring rolls for an appetizer and the berry cobbler complimentary, though we where stuffed by that time, it was still very good. I highly recommend Artists Point.

Jennifer

We just ate at AP last Thursday. We got the "Chef's Selection" for $47 and it was great!

I had: Smoky Potabello Soup (excellent...creamy, flavorful...yummy crouton on top...)

Endive, radicchio Salad with pears, blue cheese and walnut vinaigrette (OMG...so delish!..I am a huge blue cheese fan!)

Grilled Beef tenderloin with Butternut Chevre Dumplings, Swiss Chard and cabernet Sauce (perfect! the goat cheese dumplings were awesome!)

Coffee Two ways (dessert..a mochaccino Bread pudding and a Vanilla Latte Creme Brulee.)

DH had :same soup (there wasn't a choice for soup)

Bibb lettuce salad with Buttermilk Chive Dressing, chopped egg and bacon (I tasted it and it was also delicious)

Cedar Plank Salmon with Celery Root Potato puree, pan roasted fennel and Truffle honey brown butter (I tasted it...delicious!)

Artist's Point Cobbler (He loved it...I do not care for fruit desserts but he raved about it!)

We did not have wine flights because I was sipping on a dirty martini (with the most delicious blue cheese stuffed olives I have ever tasted) and he was drinking a Crown Royal on the rocks.

It was a great experience. My only complaint (and I say it on these boards all the time) is that I wish the atmosphere was a bit more cozy and romantic. I find it a little bright in there.

BTW...if you tally up all the prices on my meal...it would cost $49 without the soup. The soup was not on the menu so I could not see how much it cost a la carte. So it is a good deal.

Have fun...you will love it!

We haven't eaten there for some time, but if you like mussels for an appetizer, they have the best! Absolutely wonderful! DH had the buffalo steak, I had the salmon....it was probably our favorite meal. If you enjoy wine, try the pairings. I have never tried it, but it would be great to do!

We were just there a couple weeks ago..everything was excellent as usual.

We love the one price 4 course meal with the wine pairings. It still works out great if only one of you have the pairings..not everyone has to have them. You hubby can have one glass or none, or something else he likes better with his meal.

To start off we always have the Smoked Portobello mushroom soup..out of this world delicous. Last time we all had the radiccio/pear salad..wonderful.
Then three of us had the buffalo..fantastic, one the chicken..also wonderful.
We all had the berry cobbler for dessert, although I can tell you there is one dessert..two types of creme brulee or something like that..also fantastic.

Artist point has been a favorite of ours since the day it opened. We take all our friends and out of town guests there, everyone always loves it.

wildernesslodgelover said:
We just ate at AP last Thursday. We got the "Chef's Selection" for $47 and it was great!

I had: Smoky Potabello Soup (excellent...creamy, flavorful...yummy crouton on top...)

Endive, radicchio Salad with pears, blue cheese and walnut vinaigrette (OMG...so delish!..I am a huge blue cheese fan!)

Grilled Beef tenderloin with Butternut Chevre Dumplings, Swiss Chard and cabernet Sauce (perfect! the goat cheese dumplings were awesome!)

Coffee Two ways (dessert..a mochaccino Bread pudding and a Vanilla Latte Creme Brulee.)

DH had :same soup (there wasn't a choice for soup)

Bibb lettuce salad with Buttermilk Chive Dressing, chopped egg and bacon (I tasted it and it was also delicious)

Cedar Plank Salmon with Celery Root Potato puree, pan roasted fennel and Truffle honey brown butter (I tasted it...delicious!)

Artist's Point Cobbler (He loved it...I do not care for fruit desserts but he raved about it!)

We did not have wine flights because I was sipping on a dirty martini (with the most delicious blue cheese stuffed olives I have ever tasted) and he was drinking a Crown Royal on the rocks.

It was a great experience. My only complaint (and I say it on these boards all the time) is that I wish the atmosphere was a bit more cozy and romantic. I find it a little bright in there.

BTW...if you tally up all the prices on my meal...it would cost $49 without the soup. The soup was not on the menu so I could not see how much it cost a la carte. So it is a good deal.

Have fun...you will love it!

I agree that the chef's selection menu is a great deal. We ate at AP in May...it was our second time there, but first time having the chef's selection. FANTASTIC!! The smoked portabello mushroom soup is out of this world delicious!! I could probably go and just eat a big bowl of that soup and the Berry Cobbler and be completely satisfied!! My dh had the buffalo and raved over it. I tried it and found it to be too gamey for me. I had the beef (tenderloin, I believe) and it was perfect!! My dh had the berry cobbler and I had the coffee two ways and we shared. Best of both worlds in my opinion!!

AP is also one of our favorite restaurants in Disney...we just love it!! :cheer2:

Have a great time!

:earsboy: My DW and I ate there last August, and we both had the wine pairing option. Since your DH isn't much of a wine fan, I wouldn't bother with the extra expense ($16), but for us it's a must since we both enjoy good wines. AP's wine selection is a bit limited since they primarily feature Northwest wines, but the selection they do carry has some excellent wines, featuring some of the top names from Oregon and Washington.

When our server came back to take our wine flight order, we were still undecided, so she brought out four samples--all gratis--to help us make up our minds. That's what I call superb service. I wound up having the buffalo which was good (honestly, I've had better; then again, I lived in Alaska for four years where it can be found on many fine restaurants' menus)--my DW thought it was very good. The wine suggestions by our server, in concert with our sampling, were spot on. Our salads, appetizers, and desserts were all good, though I'd give the edge to the berry cobbler over the coffee two ways (creme brulee & bread pudding). The French press coffee served table side is notable.

Overall, the service was outstanding, the food excellent, and the ambience very nice. For a more romantic meal, I would suggest going a little later so that the groups with younger kids will be thinned out a bit. After dinner, stroll around WL: past the geyser to the docks (you can see fireworks from there), around by the Hidden Springs Pool, and even on down the trail toward Fort Wilderness. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience at AP. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone. This is something we have wanted to do for a while, but didn't because we didn't want to let our DDs "alone" for that long.

Now that they are older it won't be a problem at all. :)

I love the Buffalo - it's my favorite & I have it every time we go. DS usually gets the Salmon & loves it. DH has had several different beef dishes & was always happy.

ditto on the buffalo, but the scallops I've seen have looked aufully good. I personally like the wine pairing too. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter