Article: Is Disney Dissing the Disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not find or come up with, nor anyone I have asked, another disability/disease/illness where we accept and make excuses for the wrong (whether they get it or not, doesn't change whether it's wrong or not. I don't let my child shoplift even though she does not understand that she can't just take things.) behaviors and write it off as, "it's okay, they don't get it, and can't help it". That answer only works so long for some things.

OMG! So perfectly said!

What if instead of having to go to the attraction for your wait time minus 15 minutes, you got a return time of the full wait time when you entered your previous attraction. To clarify, you're entering Dumbo at 10am and you would tell the CM at that time (before entering the fp queue) you plan to head to Peter Pan next. The CM looks at a screen and sees Peter Pan currently has a 1/2 hour wait and stamps your passport for 10:30. Your wait is reduced by whatever amount of time it takes you to get through the fp queue and experience the attraction and you no longer have to crisscross back and forth. If you're done Dumbo in 5 minutes you simply take your time getting to Peter Pan.

Does anyone else think this could be the missing aspect of thus new policy to make it all work?
Once the magicbands can be set up to accommodate DAS guests, I think your idea could work very well. A DAS guest could get an instant green light when they approach the ride, but then a set amount of time must go by before they could use the DAS card again.

One advantage that the GAC had was that it kept things simple. For any guest with cognitive disabilities, that simplicity was a feature in itself. The DAS as currently described is somewhat more complicated. Using magicbands would make it simple again.

you didn't quote what I was responding to. The op said that "despite paying the same amount for a ticket his son can do less that the average child because they can't stay as long." I responded to it the way it was put out there. It's not WDW's problem if you bring someone that can't stay long. That is your choice to do so. WDW is open the same amount of hours for everyone. They can't help that you can't stay. That's pushing it.
I agree with your point of view here. It is pushing it to a point. I feel the child should be able to ride it once however he can get on the ride. Any other repeated attempts should be addressed with something like a fast past return time. This would acknowledge his disability, make the ride accessible to him, make it fair for others. My apologies for not properly quoting what you were trying to say

You have missed the jest of my entire post I believe. I was making a point that we ALL can come up with reasons to want front of the line access and if they bend the rules for this person, then they would have to bend the rules for things like "my feet hurt". It's just getting carried away and Disney obviously agrees because they are now doing something about it.
Agreed, I just wanted to point out that it looked very harsh when making your point

again you missed the point. It's a matter of where do you draw the line? I think in this case I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.:confused: We'll just have to leave it at that.
I understand it now, because your explanation was on point this time. And yes, we will leave it at that

I hate to see this thread start to degenerate; there's a lot of good information here and I hope that it's not shut down.

I see both sides here. On the one hand - I feel that if you have a child that has severe sensory issues and extreme reactions to waiting in lines or being around people that Disney is NOT the place to take them. It is so unfortunate that this is the case, but not everyone gets the same experiences in life. I have three nephews/niece that are great kids but have gotten a terrible lot in life; to me, they "deserve" to go to Disney but the money is never going to be there for them and they will most likely never get to experience it (no, I will not go into their lives, except to say they are not disabled). I've also known kids that lost both parents and ended up orphans who don't get to go, and I wish that they could. Some kids with serious sickenesses would like to go but in many cases are never able due to low counts, extended chemo, or, heartbreakingly enough, loss of life or serious medical consequences from harsh medication.

I wish that all kids could visit Disney -- but they can't.

While the GAC helped with some of these issues, it wasn't meant to be a FP card. It just wasn't. Those years of using the card like a FP are over; I'm so glad that so many got to experience WDW with it while they could, but there are now so many kids with autism and so many disabled families that the old system can't support them anymore. NT people are waiting in lines that are 30-90 minutes longer because the FP line is not only full of people with FP but also those with GAC. This can't be sustained; you will either lose the disabled families since they can't come without the GAC, or you will lose the abled because they can't handle waiting so long for rides anymore. [Either group could come at off times (September, January, February), so we remove that argument.]

I personally do not understand how families with autism function from the inside - I do not have an autistic child. I have friends who have autistic children, and they still go to Wal-Mart, or McDonalds, or the local theme parks when they can. I know someone with an autistic daughter; I've never heard her say she needed more rides at Six Flags because they were there a shorter number of hours and that would make it "fair". I don't think anything about her life is fair. And she doesn't take the kids to Disney - not with the old system, and not moving forward.

People expect "more" out of Disney, and they gave it while they could. The numbers are just too great now. I am doing my first GAC-free trip in two years in November; I believe I have recovered from the issue I used it for, and am looking forward to trying to do the parks "the normal way". But if lines are too long and FP and FP+ don't mitigate that, I may have to search for a different vacation destination. I don't want to spend my vacation time standing and waiting. It's the same for families of the disabled; if Disney doesn't work, then it doesn't work. It would make me sad to not go back, and probably would make those families sad too, but as they say = "If everyone's a VIP, then no one's a VIP." You could change that to say "If everyone's a GAC holder, then no one is getting through the line quickly anymore." Not me in the standby, not you in the FP line.

There's no good answer, but I'm sure Disney will tweak it as they go. Just, for the love of God, GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO DO SO!

I can not find or come up with, nor anyone I have asked, another disability/disease/illness where we accept and make excuses for the wrong (whether they get it or not, doesn't change whether it's wrong or not. I don't let my child shoplift even though she does not understand that she can't just take things.) behaviors and write it off as, "it's okay, they don't get it, and can't help it". That answer only works so long for some things.
People get off of murder charges if they can prove they were insane. They didn't get it, and they didn't know it was wrong.

I, too, do not want to add fuel to the fire and I, too, do not have a "dog in the race." But I have, somehow, been drawn to reading all 26 pages of this thread and just want to add my two cents.

For the most part, I will agree with OneBigTrip and OneLittleSpark (and Karise - you crack me up). For those families that have spoken up about having used the GAC and not ABUSED the GAC and are willing to see how the DAS will work - thank you. I hope that the new system does help you and your family to have a wonderful and magical trip, just like our family.

I do think it's odd that the first announced version of the DAS may be getting altered to accommodate for the few that have vocalized that they still "need" FOTL and looping capabilities. For those children and adults that have obsessive behavior that feel that there's a "need" to re-ride over and over again but, yet, still have breakdowns when the time does come to finally get off (the Dumbo example from way back), then re-riding doesn't actually prevent the breakdown, right? Maybe there are some for which the loop does prevent the breakdown, but I'm sure it doesn't for all. That's just one example where I'm just not sure what the point is that certain people keep saying that the FOTL/looping privilege needs to continue.

It just seems, to me, that Disney is trying to address the abuse and inefficiencies of an overburdened system and yet people are knocking it before it even has a chance to be tested, tweaked, and enhanced. I just want to say to the vocal few that are saying that families (like mine) that don't have a need for the GAC/DAS can't understand or sympathize for your needs are not giving people a chance. Disney is not "dissing" the disabled - they would never do that! And I have not read anyone who's commented on here that is "dissing" the disabled. In return, please do not "diss" anyone who's supportive of improving a system that is, clearly, not working as it was originally intended.

(I hope that made sense - lol.)

People get off of murder charges if they can prove they were insane. They didn't get it, and they didn't know it was wrong.

They don't get off, and we don't accept it. They are institutionalized. On average, if you "get off" with an insanity plea you will spend twice as much time in an institution than if you were convicted of the crime. Its just that the institution is a secure psychiatric hospital and not a prison. And often now, it is the prison.

It seems that somebody isn't being honest in all this. I have seen people being ripped apart on the old GAC threads for asking about FOTL with GAC. So IMHO either it never was and there shouldn't be nearly as many people upset about the new system or everybody was just towing the line and protecting the keys to the kingdom so to speak and are now upset that it's changing.

DING DING DING!!! Get the pretty lady a prize!!! :banana: You just hit the nail on the head. Yes it's always been a front of the line pass and they tried to keep it a well guarded secret so that THEIR good thing didn't have to come to an end. Alas...someone had a big mouth. lol Over time it stopped being a fotl pass because of all of the abusers and now the abusers are piiiiisssed! The ones that really need the pass are just grateful that they will still have some sort of assistance.

All the time I read the thread on the GAC when people would ask questions responses would always say "it's not FOTL access", the GAC won't help if you can't wait, it's not special treatment etc etc etc. people also stated all they want is an alternate waiting place, we don't want FOTL.

Now that the policy had changed a LOT of people seem to be upset that they will have to wait. People saying we absolutely cannot wait, we cannot get a return time. This won't work for us. How dare they!

It seems that somebody isn't being honest in all this. I have seen people being ripped apart on the old GAC threads for asking about FOTL with GAC. So IMHO either it never was and there shouldn't be nearly as many people upset about the new system or everybody was just towing the line and protecting the keys to the kingdom so to speak and are now upset that it's changing.

I don't see how you can have it both ways. Either it was an advantage which is gone in which case own up to that fact. I'd understand being pissed at losing an advantage; nobody likes that. But this whole it was never an advantage that I'm pissed is gone makes no sense.

The inherent problem with message boards is that the views of many different people get consolidated into "one view" that applies to all people of that shared perspective.

Anyone being honest would have to admit that the GAC was an advantage. It helped Disney meet the requirements of the ADA to provide an experience that was at least equal to the experience of a non-disabled member.

The new DAS does the same thing, but differently. It gives those with needs an immediate Fast Pass to return after the length of the line has passed, minus 15 minutes. Some will complain about that 15 minutes, but again, it's ADA compliant. My guess is that Disney wants to keep Fast Pass lines at 15 minutes or less. If they didn't subtract that time, someone could say the DAS wait was longer than a regular line.

The new system will work for 95-99% of those who need accommodation. There are still questions out there because Disney hasn't yet communicated how the DAS will be applied for all disabilities, but for the most part someone with needs should be comfortable knowing those needs will be met.

All this kurfluffle is about the remaining percentage - mostly those with children on the Austism spectrum who have legitimate medical reasons why a wait may cause an issue. Disney has said that it will work to accommodate these children on a case-by-case basis. Realistically speaking, Disney won't say skip all lines, it never has, but if a child has created a coping routine that causes stress until going on IASM three times, then Disney will probably work to make that possible.

I place a lot of the issues with this at the feet of Disney due to bad communication. They released the plan without details and left it for weeks for people to fill in their own blanks. As a result, all the attention and hatred is focused on abusers (who deserve the hatred) and a handful of children who are locked into minds in a tragic and unfortunate way (who do not deserve it).

Of course, most of that hatred could be avoided if the people who are so worried that they're not getting theirs would take a step back and look at the hardship required to get that small perk for which they are so intently jealous.

You are absolutely correct, but even those people are locked up in hospitals.

I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS KNOWN THAT IN NO WAY AM I SUGGESTING THAT DISABLED (AUTISTIC OR NOT) BE LOCKED UP. I AM JUST RESPODING TO THE SPECIFIC EXAMPLE GIVEN.

All this kurfluffle is about the remaining percentage - mostly those with children on the Austism spectrum who have legitimate medical reasons why a wait may cause an issue. Disney has said that it will work to accommodate these children on a case-by-case basis. Realistically speaking, Disney won't say skip all lines, it never has, but if a child has created a coping routine that causes stress until going on IASM three times, then Disney will probably work to make that possible.

Of course, most of that hatred could be avoided if the people who are so worried that they're not getting theirs would take a step back and look at the hardship required to get that small perk for which they are so intently jealous.

If everyone whose child has autism waits in line at GR to request they be given special accommodations, the line will be very, very long. How will the autistic child handle this line, if they can't handle ride lines? I'm genuinely curious. If they can "go off in the park and do something else" while waiting for Mom in the GR line, then couldn't they do that on the DAS system too, negating the need for special accommodations?

Those who are gaming the system would be just as happy to wait in that line for "special accommodation" as well. How will this weed them out? They'll lie as easily now as they did before.

I don't think it's about people worried that they're "not getting theirs"; I think it's now a knee-jerk reaction to seeing all these people who have had FOTL passes with the GAC revolting over something they were never meant to have in the first place. It's no longer a small perk when thousands have it - it's now a major perk that is causing problems for guests waiting in the standby line and giving preferential treatment to those with the GAC. I don't think there's an ounce of jealousy over those people's lives, but there might be a little pause when Jr. and his entire family pass you for the third time in the FP line with their GAC in hand, while you're still on the stairs at SM with a 90 minute wait ahead of you and your 6 year old is already whining about the wait and your 9 year old already has to go to the bathroom.

Again, I've seen some kids who live in severe hardship every day who will never go to Disney. You don't have to be disabled to have a difficult, uphill battle in life.

I hate to see this thread start to degenerate; there's a lot of good information here and I hope that it's not shut down.

I see both sides here. On the one hand - I feel that if you have a child that has severe sensory issues and extreme reactions to waiting in lines or being around people that Disney is NOT the place to take them. It is so unfortunate that this is the case, but not everyone gets the same experiences in life. I have three nephews/niece that are great kids but have gotten a terrible lot in life; to me, they "deserve" to go to Disney but the money is never going to be there for them and they will most likely never get to experience it (no, I will not go into their lives, except to say they are not disabled). I've also known kids that lost both parents and ended up orphans who don't get to go, and I wish that they could. Some kids with serious sickenesses would like to go but in many cases are never able due to low counts, extended chemo, or, heartbreakingly enough, loss of life or serious medical consequences from harsh medication.

I wish that all kids could visit Disney -- but they can't.

While the GAC helped with some of these issues, it wasn't meant to be a FP card. It just wasn't. Those years of using the card like a FP are over; I'm so glad that so many got to experience WDW with it while they could, but there are now so many kids with autism and so many disabled families that the old system can't support them anymore. NT people are waiting in lines that are 30-90 minutes longer because the FP line is not only full of people with FP but also those with GAC. This can't be sustained; you will either lose the disabled families since they can't come without the GAC, or you will lose the abled because they can't handle waiting so long for rides anymore. [Either group could come at off times (September, January, February), so we remove that argument.]

I personally do not understand how families with autism function from the inside - I do not have an autistic child. I have friends who have autistic children, and they still go to Wal-Mart, or McDonalds, or the local theme parks when they can. I know someone with an autistic daughter; I've never heard her say she needed more rides at Six Flags because they were there a shorter number of hours and that would make it "fair". I don't think anything about her life is fair. And she doesn't take the kids to Disney - not with the old system, and not moving forward.

People expect "more" out of Disney, and they gave it while they could. The numbers are just too great now. I am doing my first GAC-free trip in two years in November; I believe I have recovered from the issue I used it for, and am looking forward to trying to do the parks "the normal way". But if lines are too long and FP and FP+ don't mitigate that, I may have to search for a different vacation destination. I don't want to spend my vacation time standing and waiting. It's the same for families of the disabled; if Disney doesn't work, then it doesn't work. It would make me sad to not go back, and probably would make those families sad too, but as they say = "If everyone's a VIP, then no one's a VIP." You could change that to say "If everyone's a GAC holder, then no one is getting through the line quickly anymore." Not me in the standby, not you in the FP line.

There's no good answer, but I'm sure Disney will tweak it as they go. Just, for the love of God, GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO DO SO!

:cheer2:

I, too, do not want to add fuel to the fire and I, too, do not have a "dog in the race." But I have, somehow, been drawn to reading all 26 pages of this thread and just want to add my two cents.

For the most part, I will agree with OneBigTrip and OneLittleSpark (and Karise - you crack me up). For those families that have spoken up about having used the GAC and not ABUSED the GAC and are willing to see how the DAS will work - thank you. I hope that the new system does help you and your family to have a wonderful and magical trip, just like our family.

I do think it's odd that the first announced version of the DAS may be getting altered to accommodate for the few that have vocalized that they still "need" FOTL and looping capabilities. For those children and adults that have obsessive behavior that feel that there's a "need" to re-ride over and over again but, yet, still have breakdowns when the time does come to finally get off (the Dumbo example from way back), then re-riding doesn't actually prevent the breakdown, right? Maybe there are some for which the loop does prevent the breakdown, but I'm sure it doesn't for all. That's just one example where I'm just not sure what the point is that certain people keep saying that the FOTL/looping privilege needs to continue.

It just seems, to me, that Disney is trying to address the abuse and inefficiencies of an overburdened system and yet people are knocking it before it even has a chance to be tested, tweaked, and enhanced. I just want to say to the vocal few that are saying that families (like mine) that don't have a need for the GAC/DAS can't understand or sympathize for your needs are not giving people a chance. Disney is not "dissing" the disabled - they would never do that! And I have not read anyone who's commented on here that is "dissing" the disabled. In return, please do not "diss" anyone who's supportive of improving a system that is, clearly, not working as it was originally intended.

(I hope that made sense - lol.)

:rolleyes1 Just sayin.... And it made perfect sense. Thank you.

They don't get off, and we don't accept it. They are institutionalized. On average, if you "get off" with an insanity plea you will spend twice as much time in an institution than if you were convicted of the crime. Its just that the institution is a secure psychiatric hospital and not a prison. And often now, it is the prison.

Yep right on!

The inherent problem with message boards is that the views of many different people get consolidated into "one view" that applies to all people of that shared perspective.

Anyone being honest would have to admit that the GAC was an advantage. It helped Disney meet the requirements of the ADA to provide an experience that was at least equal to the experience of a non-disabled member.

The new DAS does the same thing, but differently. It gives those with needs an immediate Fast Pass to return after the length of the line has passed, minus 15 minutes. Some will complain about that 15 minutes, but again, it's ADA compliant. My guess is that Disney wants to keep Fast Pass lines at 15 minutes or less. If they didn't subtract that time, someone could say the DAS wait was longer than a regular line.

The new system will work for 95-99% of those who need accommodation. There are still questions out there because Disney hasn't yet communicated how the DAS will be applied for all disabilities, but for the most part someone with needs should be comfortable knowing those needs will be met.

I place a lot of the issues with this at the feet of Disney due to bad communication. They released the plan without details and left it for weeks for people to fill in their own blanks. As a result, all the attention and hatred is focused on abusers (who deserve the hatred) and a handful of children who are locked into minds in a tragic and unfortunate way (who do not deserve it).

Well said, I agree 100%

As I have stated before I am disabled. I feel that when things change like the GAC to DAS we must change with them as best we can.

You are absolutely correct, but even those people are locked up in hospitals. I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS KNOWN THAT IN NO WAY AM I SUGGESTING THAT DISABLED (AUTISTIC OR NOT) BE LOCKED UP. I AM JUST RESPODING TO THE SPECIFIC EXAMPLE GIVEN.

Oh my gosh what has this thread come to! I hate that you had to offer that clarification but I feel for some it was necessary. I need a bowl of popcorn and some milk duds when I catch up on the thread. Too much drama!

Oh my gosh what has this thread come to! I hate that you had to offer that clarification but I feel for some it was necessary. I need a bowl of popcorn and some milk duds when I catch up on the thread. Too much drama!

Thank you. I too hated that I had to state that in black and white, but I didn't want anyone to misunderstand my words.

Enjoy your milk duds!

. . .

Very well put. Thank you.

After reading all 26 pages, a few questions came to mind. I'm thinking out loud here, but I would be interested to see what types of answers some of you may have...

When did Disney become a special needs park? A place where families with disabled members could go and have a "normal" vacation where many of their special needs are met? To me, it sounds like many people feel like Disney should be the one exception in, what is otherwise, their very difficult lives. Is this an unrealistic expectation that was forced upon Disney, or did they actively pursue that title and now have to deal with the consequences? (The consequences being the negative feedback that they are possibly giving disabled persons a "better" experience)

Along the same lines, why do families dealing with disabilities choose to go to Disney instead of another theme park, or do a different type of vacation all together? What is it that Disney does that makes this easier? Is Disney the one and only place that the disabled member wants to visit, or is it the family that wants to go and they hope Disney will accommodate their family member so that the rest of the family can have a "day off" and enjoy their trip?

Also, on a different subject. I read a few comments stating that they rarely see other people using the GAC, so it can't be that overused. Is it possible that this is a preemptive measure to prevent the overload/abuse of the system from getting worse? With obesity and autism seemingly on the rise, is it fair to assume even more people will need the GAC in the future? Potentially, each GAC user could have 5 family members tagging along with them. That's really like 6 GAC users. Isn't is possible that at some point so many people will need the GAC that the ratio of GAC to "normal" people will even out? When that happens, would we be surprised if even more people "cheat" and get a GAC because it's almost a disadvantage not to have one?

I am curious to see how the DAS works and how it evolves over time as various needs are met.

I can only imagine what the DIS is going to look like tomorrow when the DAS is actually implemented. :scared:

Having said that, I *do* have a horse in this race, I have an autistic son and we have taken him to Disneyland 4 times. Last trip, just about a week before the new system was announced, we upgraded to APs. And yes, I am concerned about how the new system is going to work for our family but we will see when the time comes and it will either work for us or it will not. If it works, we will continue to enjoy Disneyland and it if does not, then we will not renew our passes and find somewhere else to spend our vacation money.

We have used a GAC with our son each time we have gone and only once have we EVER looped a ride and it was not at our request. Our very last ride on our very last day one trip we took DS on to Gadget's GC. The CM told my son he would get to ride in the last car because "it was the fastest one!" When the time came for us to load, someone else was in the last car and my son started to cry. I (in a very nice mom way) told him to deal with it and we rode the ride. At the end, the CM told us that we were getting an extra special double ride and that we could get into the last car for our special ride. That CM made our day and to us, it was a really wonderful way to end that trip.

Heartwarming story aside, I understand both sides of this situation.

What I don't understand is the anger from both sides. I can only speak for my family but at no point in time did we ever go up to ANY CM and demand FOTL access nor did we demand an unlimited FP. We went to City Hall, explained that our son had problems with coping with enclosed areas with lots of people crowding him and we were given a GAC. We then took that GAC to an attraction and showed it to the CM who then directed us where to go.

Did this result in us going through the FP line or alternate entrance? Yes but I don't see why people are ranting at US for using the program in the exact way that Disney chose to implement it and quite frankly, I think that the backlash many of us are feeling is the reason we are getting defensive. I know that I have felt attacked just through reading this and other threads on this topic.

If I could get one point across and have people understand it would be this:

Most parents who have used a GAC for their child or children, especially those who are autistic, have done so without try to game the system. They do not feel entitled to special treatment and for the most part, they are grateful to Disney for giving them the ability to take their children on a vacation to a spot that children of all ages love.

To quote one of my favourite authors, Spider Robinson, "anger is always fear in disguise."

Many of these parents are scared and this fear is manifesting as anger. They are scared that the way they have been enjoying vacations is going to change.

We deal with so much uncertainty in our day to day lives, so much worry and concern and fear about the future. When we are able to go somewhere like Disneyland and for a few days pretend that our lives are normal it's pretty awesome.

Now that, in some people's minds, is being taken away and that scares them.

We have used a GAC with our son each time we have gone and only once have we EVER looped a ride and it was not at our request. Our very last ride on our very last day one trip we took DS on to Gadget's GC. The CM told my son he would get to ride in the last car because "it was the fastest one!" When the time came for us to load, someone else was in the last car and my son started to cry. I (in a very nice mom way) told him to deal with it and we rode the ride. At the end, the CM told us that we were getting an extra special double ride and that we could get into the last car for our special ride. That CM made our day and to us, it was a really wonderful way to end that trip.

Heartwarming story aside, I understand both sides of this situation.

What I don't understand is the anger from both sides. I can only speak for my family but at no point in time did we ever go up to ANY CM and demand FOTL access nor did we demand an unlimited FP. We went to City Hall, explained that our son had problems with coping with enclosed areas with lots of people crowding him and we were given a GAC. We then took that GAC to an attraction and showed it to the CM who then directed us where to go.

Did this result in us going through the FP line or alternate entrance? Yes but I don't see why people are ranting at US for using the program in the exact way that Disney chose to implement it and quite frankly, I think that the backlash many of us are feeling is the reason we are getting defensive. I know that I have felt attacked just through reading this and other threads on this topic.

I love that story about the CM that got to give your son one extra special double ride. I would not really classify that as "looping" since it was the end of the day and, presumably, he wasn't preventing a line of other people that had already waited an hour from getting their turn.

Regarding the highlighted part above, so you used the GAC as it was given to you at the time and it worked. Based on what you've read/heard about for the new DAS, do you think the system would work for you, too? Being given a specified return time (that isn't *right now*), giving your son time to do something else (even if it's just waiting in an area that doesn't cause him distress) and then going to the ride when it's your time to do so? Because, if that's the case, then I don't think anyone here is attacking you or your situation. FOTL was the only option for you in the scenario you wrote about. So if it's not FOTL but something else accommodating, that's still okay, right?

Once the magicbands can be set up to accommodate DAS guests, I think your idea could work very well. A DAS guest could get an instant green light when they approach the ride, but then a set amount of time must go by before they could use the DAS card again.

One advantage that the GAC had was that it kept things simple. For any guest with cognitive disabilities, that simplicity was a feature in itself. The DAS as currently described is somewhat more complicated. Using magicbands would make it simple again.

Exactly....there are solutions to this. Hopefully Disney quickly realizes the flaws inherent in their new system and starts tweaking within a few months. You're right the magicband accessibility would make it all a lot easier.

Anyone else have more ideas? Maybe we can get a bunch down and e-mail Disney with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter