Art Shuttle safety

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
We'll be staying at the Marriott Delta in Garden Grove this weekend. There is a good chance that DH might want to return to the room earlier than I do. I am perfectly comfortable in the parks alone. Is it safe for a mature woman to travel alone at night from the parks to back to our hotel? Would you have concerns about your mother/grandmother making that trip on ART alone at night?

Last edited:
In before times I used the ART bus on multiple trips when I stayed at Motel 6 Maingate. I am a solo female and I have never had any issues. I would get the bus around 11.30pm on each night of my trip. I preferred getting the bus before the park closed at midnight as it was less crowded.

Have you been on city public transport alone at night? I have always used city public transport ,in multiple countries and alone at night. To me the ART bus is far safer than my local bus route. On my local bus, going to and from work, I have been on the bus when the driver has stopped the bus and called the Police for various reasons. I have witnessed physical fights and I have been verbally abused on my local bus. I have not seen any of that on the ART bus.

I was planning to go to DL with some extended family and staying at the Clementine. They were flying out Sunday afternoon but I didn't leave until Monday and wanted to stay for the shows. Having used the ART at night with my family before I was comfortable taking it back to the hotel alone at closing and that was my plan. Unfortunately the trip had to be cancelled, so I can't say how it went, but I (middle aged female) would feel safe.

I was planning to go to DL with some extended family and staying at the Clementine. They were flying out Sunday afternoon but I didn't leave until Monday and wanted to stay for the shows. Having used the ART at night with my family before I was comfortable taking it back to the hotel alone at closing and that was my plan. Unfortunately the trip had to be cancelled, so I can't say how it went, but I (middle aged female) would feel safe.
Clementine is next door to Motel 6 Maingate and I have often taken the ART bus to there and walked next door to Motel 6 around midnight, no issues.

You have nothing to worry about. The shuttle goes from the entrance of the park to just around the corner from the entrance to the Delta. In my opinion, it's even safer than crossing the street.

I have done so in the past and felt ok doing so to and from the Hilton, This about 5 years go and I was in my late 20's. I wouldn't worry about my mom doing so, however she has pretty high anxiety and im not sure she would be up for it. I think that's more her then the ART though.

We'll be staying at the Marriott Delta in Garden Grove this weekend. There is a good chance that DH might want to return to the room earlier than I do. I am perfectly comfortable in the parks alone. Is it safe for a mature woman to travel alone at night from the parks to back to our hotel? Would you have concerns about your mother/grandmother making that trip on ART alone at night?
Thanks to all who responded. I highly recommend ART. It is safe and clean. The passengers are all headed to/from Disney or the Convention Center.
We just completed a 3 night visit to Disneyland. We stayed at the Delta by Marriott which has an ART stop on-site. The stop is also very convenient convenient to the Marriott Suites. I will warn you that the busses do fill to capacity and then you have to wait for the next one. It iseemed like at least 30-60 minutes between busses.
One morning we did opt to Uber because the 1st bus was full and we didn’t fell like waiting. The Uber was around $7. Since the drop off lane was backed up into the street, we got out on the street and saved our driver the time and hassle of pulling into the drop off line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter