Arriving today...what to do first?

koko2315

Earning My Ears
We're flying in today and probably won't be checked in until 4:00 or so.

What should we do the first day/night?

I'm not worried about burning a day on park passes, as we have length of stays.

Any suggestions on late arrival to the park, what to see, what to do?

Staying at the POR.

Maybe you can go to Epcot and walk around world showcase, grab a bite to eat and then watch Illumunations.
Have a great time
Kerry

WoW!!! I want your countdown timer!!!! I would pick your favorite night time activity and head to that park. Have a nice dinner (it's probably been a long day), and then hit a ride or 2 if you have time. Then watch Spectro or Fantasmic or Illuminations. Have a great time!!!

We like to start off with the character dinner at Chef Mickey's (DD 4 1/2, DS 3 1/2). If you check in at 4, you should be able to make it over there by 5 (which is when I think they open - call 407-WDW-DINE to check). We found out last year that if you're there when they open, you have a great shot at getting seated without a PS reservation. We found this to be a great way to get the kids into the whole experience and it gave them early exposure to the characters. From the Contemporary, you could either go over to MK for a couple of attractions & Wishes at 8pm or take the monorail to TTC & then over to Epcot for a few attractions and Illuminations at 9pm. If you don't have kids or you think the character meal isn't really appropriate, I would agree with the others that a few activities at Epcot, a nice dinner & Illuminations might be nice for you.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter