Arriving "Home" tomorrow!!

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I know this group will understand the anticipation and joy that comes with knowing we will be "home" at Disneyland tomorrow :)

This is a big trip for DS and myself as it kicks off our first year as passholders! We come from Portland, OR so it has been years of planning and saving airline points to allow us this indulgent year of one trip per season. We will experience Holiday Time 2017, Spring Break 2018, Summer 2018, and of course Halloweentime 2018. As casual travelers over the past 6 years, this board and all the amazing contributors has been fantastic in ensuring we always have plenty of magic in our trips.

To make things just a little more magical, I also just upgraded our 5am flight tomorrow morning to first class. I'm going to try to avoid checking luggage and get us into the parks that much quicker ;-) It will be tough knowing that checked bags are now included.

I love how you call it "home". In July of 2016, I went to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years. Since my previous trip, I'd been to Disneyland Paris, and had two vacations at WDW. I love both of those resorts, but even though it had been forever since I had been there, when I was at the Disneyland park, I was home.

Excited for you! Have a great time! I always tear up a bit when I'm walking up to the park and hear the music...then see the castle. It gets me every time.

There's nothing like being an AP holder. Just knowing that I can walk into the parks practically anytime I want (I never go at Christmas break or Easter break anyways)....there's just something cool about that feeling. Used to, we'd drive down and have to wait until the next day to go to the parks, and after that 5 day hopper was done, we were done. But with APs, you show up to the hotel and then start hitting the parks and leave whenever you want. Forget the 5 day hopper. Stay 6 days. Or like on our last trip, we showed up on Monday night and were there a week later on Tuesday night. Sure, we threw some other stuff in there, but being able to hit WOC or the Christmas Fireworks at night was a cool feeling.

Two days ago, I actually felt genuine sadness that our APs had expired and we couldn't just go in when we wanted anymore. I had sworn off doing APs anymore, but that feeling I got Wednesday (and it's still hanging around) makes me have second thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter