Ares travel for tickets - any problems?

candy0730

DIS Veteran
I just found a Groupon deal for DL tickets which states customer buys thru Arestravel.com. It's the cheapest option I have found at $515 for 3 day hopper with Genie+. Just wondering if anyone has bought tickets recently and if there were any issues.

I just found a Groupon deal for DL tickets which states customer buys thru Arestravel.com. It's the cheapest option I have found at $515 for 3 day hopper with Genie+. Just wondering if anyone has bought tickets recently and if there were any issues.
We've used aRes a few times with no issues. There are also the two UK based sites that usually have really good prices.

I've had 1 good experience and 1 kinda negative experience.

Good experience: tickets were bought for the cheapest price I found. No hidden fees that came out of nowhere on the cart. Tickets worked perfectly.

Negative experience: we wanted to buy the Cali Resident tickets. On their website, the info of who was eligible to use those was outdated and had our local zip code on them. When reviewing the small print on the ticket itself it was not mentioned. After some research, our group decided not to risk it and asked for a refund. It was like pulling teeth and required a few emails going back and forth. We got the refund eventually as a "one time curtesy".

The outdated info seems to be a trend with ticket sellers like these thought, I went and checked on all of them during the research and it was most, if not all of them. I've seen the outdated info in emails as well, so as a general caution now I will triple check the disney policy before buying anything from a third party seller no matter what the 3rd party seller says.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter