Area recommendations at SSR?

Jason2

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4 - 2 adults 2 kids (7 & 6) staying at SSR next year. Just wondered what views are on preferred area e.g Grandstand, Congress Park etc., in terms of location. Our main priorities are proximity to the Kids pool and play area and then walking to DTD.

Many thanks

we viewed a studio in the springs area which is really close to the main building and the main pool, it also looks out on dtd, not sure what the walk is like as was not staying there

We stayed at Grandstand, our view was of the other buildings but the back of the building overlooked the golf course.
We found this to be a great location (we haven't stayed in any other buildings) - it was close to the main lobby and food court - we could walk to DTD Westside in about 15 mins - it was the first pick up and drop off for the buses - there is a quiet pool right there and it wasn't too crowded (in Dec)

I hope you enjoy staying there, I think all areas have their good and bad points, IMHO it didn't seem as vast as I had first thought.

Have never stayed there and probably others can advise better but have had a tour around the resort.
Personally I would want Grandstand area as first choice, as it is newer , the pool there is good for kids with water fountains and it is quite close to the main dining/reservation area too.
Springs is also a good choice as it is probably the closest to the central area and is near the main pool.

Congress Park is closer to DTD, would rather be the near the centre of the resort myself, hence Grandstand/Springs may be better perhaps.

We just stayed at the Grandstand, we overlooked the carpark so we didn't look out of the window too much:rotfl2:

The pool for kids was next to us, the walk to the main dining area was 5 minutes, the stop for the DTD boat was again 5 minutes, and Westside DTD was 15 minute stroll, 10 if you had a quick pace but with 2 kids,allow 15-20 minutes.

The only downside this year was the boat now stops at Westside rather than all the way to the 'main' area of DTD near rainforest cafe etc, because there is an extra boat for the treetop villas they have changed the stopping point for Saratoga and OKW to accomodate the extra boat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter