area campgrounds

The campgrounds in the area are long since gone. The closest would be either in the Kissimmee area, up in the northwest area, and there's one in Christmas, Florida, which is way out east in Orange County. It's at least a 15-20 mile trip to the closest campground. Actually, the closest might actually be Fort Wilderness.

I guess that's one thing that gets lost in the big city.

Turkey Lake Park on Hiawassee Rd, just north of Universal Orlando has family camp sites with electricity and water for trailers and RVs, as well as primitive sites.

The pricing is extremely reasonable. About $17 or so for the full sites and about $7 for the primitive sites, tax included. There is a 21-day limit.

The 300-acre park offers picknicking, hiking along 7 miles of nature trails, and biking along a 3-mile bike trail. There is a large swimming pool overlooking the lake and a fishing pier (largemouth bass).

There is also a large child's playground and a "Cracker" farm featuring an authentic 100-year-old barn to give kids an idea of what pioneer era Florida looked like.

Call (407) 299-5594 for info..

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal"‡

Ah, forgot about that one. It's not a commercial RV park. It is actually a city park that belongs to the City of Orlando. I'm not sure that they have camping year round or what restrictions they may have. I would suggest you call them.

Hhttp://www.see-orlandoflorida.com/camp.php3i here is a link to some camp grounds in the area. I'm sure if the link will work, never did it before. Anyway we stayed at Ourdoor world long ago and Destiney which wasn't far from US/IOA plus I think they offered transportation for a few. This year just booked it at Fort Wilderness and will drive over. we like it the best.

coolmick.gif

Hi Spinning,

Thats a great site! I never found that one before. Thanks for posting it. The addy was a little off so I am re-posting it for others to enjoy.See Orlando Florida

jessica5.gif

Thanks jessica, I have no clue how to do links and things like that! I just cut and paste!

coolmick.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter