are you happy with the condition of the rooms in DVC?

disguy1

Mouseketeer
Just curious to see if the rooms are in good shape. Also, I was wondering if the studio rooms are nice. thanks so much! :eek:

I haven't stayed in a studio but the 1 bedrooms are beautiful. When I first opened the door at the Boardwalk it literally took my breath away. What a difference from a regular hotel room.
Remember too, we bought sight unseen.

Just got back from a stay in a studio at SSR, and the room was in great condition. Granted, SSR is the newest of the DVC resorts, so the rooms *should* be in good condition.

Last year, we stayed in a studio at Boardwalk, and the room definitely looked a little tired. The upholstery on the sofa was worn in several places, and the paint needed some touch-ups in the entry way. The mattress on the sofa-bed was a bit squishy, but I think many of the mattressess have been, or are being, replaced.

We loved the studio at SSR, and have another one booked for June. :cool1:

I've had six DVC stays so far, and every room I've gotten has been spotlessly clean and in excellent condition.

Every single stay we've had at a DVC resort in the past 9 years has resulted in a very nice villa. We usually stay in one bedroom villas or larger (if we bring friends/family along).

We've stayed at OKW, SSR, VB, and VWL and have always been very pleased with the rooms and room conditions.

The only time I ever needed to call the front desk (our SSR unit had a key-card reader that was not working right), there was someone to fix it in less than 15 minutes.

The only problem I ever experienced was when we stayed in a 2BR at BW and the previous guest had smoked in the studio lockoff. The cleanliness has never been an issue.

We have loved every room and never had a problem. If you spend enough time on these boards, you will find a common theme that some of the resorts are starting to show wear and tear--especially the ones that are always booked like BCV. It seems, though, that DVC is fairly good about replacing items as they get worn out.

Last year, we stayed in a studio at Boardwalk, and the room definitely looked a little tired. The upholstery on the sofa was worn in several places, and the paint needed some touch-ups in the entry way. The mattress on the sofa-bed was a bit squishy, but I think many of the mattressess have been, or are being, replaced.

:
Oh I will second this.. last year we stayed in a BW studio and the couch bed mattress was awful... We are staying in a studio again this year, so that would be great if they replaced them!

The only problem I have had in 10+ visits were one huge problem at BCV with a very dirty studio. We once had a tiny bit of mold in an OKW shower, I'm sure I could have called housekeeping to get it recleaned, but I just wiped it down with a clorex cleanup. BCV though required a full recleaning.

We've stayed at HH (studio), BCV (studios, 1 bdrms, & 2 bdrms), WLV (studio), SSR (studio) and BWV (1 bdrm) over the years and never had a major problem (clearly an individual judgement issue) and a few minor concerns that were quickly dealt with by mousekeeping.

We are going back again in two weeks and staying for four at 3 different DVC locations. Based on past experience I don't anticipate any problems.

You can expect what I consider to be normal wear and tear.

I don't feel like they are kept up on par with Deluxe resorts. They often are a little more "worn." There are just issues with DVC not being cleaned as often, and the amount of food that is consumed in a DVC room vs. a regular hotel room. There always seems to be something minor wrong - a drawer with a broken track - a cracked tile in the shower.

However, we've been content with the room quality. Just never wowed.

Six DVC stays SSR HHI OKW only, but have yet to be disappointed, all stays very clean and in good working order:goodvibes

FWIW, disguy seems to be on the fence with DVC. My advice would be to wait until you fall off that fence before you make any decision regardless of the incentives that are available. There always seem to be some type of incentive going on, maybe not as good as this one, but the difference will probably not be that great.

thanks rinkwide...studio`s is the only way to stretch the points I feel. I would sleep on the pullout bed, give the regular bed to my daughter, except for OKW with 2 beds. just tryying to get more fun with less points!

Staying in a studio when there are just two people is a great way to stretch points!! I have done this many times.

facebook twitter