Are they not having MNSSHP every Friday night in October?

kganous

Earning My Ears
We where planning on attending this Friday night like we have the last two years. I had just assumed it would happen again. Does anyone know why they are not doing them like the past few years?

it'll be all down to costs. No MNSSHPs this year at all I'm afraid.

It was announced back in June when they did the Halloween press release... I don't think it was as profitable as the other evenings (Terrorific Night) and they just decided to scrap it :confused3

We are not going this year but I think it is truly a shame for the little ones. (possibly might go next year if they bring them back!!).

I honestly don't 'get' the terrorific nights - I mean, it's Disney, not Hammer House of Horrors :scared:. Not suitable at all for children.

I honestly don't 'get' the terrorific nights - I mean, it's Disney, not Hammer House of Horrors :scared:. Not suitable at all for children.

They sell out though where the MNSSHP didn't, you could buy tickets on the day, and the TN are full of parents bringing their tweens and teens as well as adults who might never have come to DLP before and that might come back after to the park.

Halloween isn't popular in France, it was unknown before the late 90's then after immense commercial bombarding was adopted for a few years and has now pretty much died a death.

:)

They sell out though where the MNSSHP didn't, you could buy tickets on the day, and the TN are full of parents bringing their tweens and teens as well as adults who might never have come to DLP before and that might come back after to the park.

Halloween isn't popular in France, it was unknown before the late 90's then after immense commercial bombarding was adopted for a few years and has now pretty much died a death.

:)

Despite commercial efforts (!), some people don't go mad about Halloween in the UK either - not like the USA anyway. It is steadily growing in popularity however.

I see your point about the Terrorific nights selling out but honestly, could they not even hold one or two MNSSHP nights :confused3: They didn't need to run as many and then perhaps they would find them full...?

I honestly wonder what Walt would have thought about the Terrorific nights - having seen the videos, I really don't see how it fits in with the Disney ethos... But I suppose holding them in the Studios fits better than the MK.... :confused3

Despite commercial efforts (!), some people don't go mad about Halloween in the UK either - not like the USA anyway. It is steadily growing in popularity however.

I see your point about the Terrorific nights selling out but honestly, could they not even hold one or two MNSSHP nights :confused3: They didn't need to run as many and then perhaps they would find them full...?

I honestly wonder what Walt would have thought about the Terrorific nights - having seen the videos, I really don't see how it fits in with the Disney ethos... But I suppose holding them in the Studios fits better than the MK.... :confused3

We celebrated Halloween when I was a child back in the 70's as did everybody I know/knew so to me it's always been around. Even my parents did apple bobbing in the 50's ...OH had no idea what it was all about until 1997 which was the first year here that we got it

The MNSSHP only started in 2008 by which time all the fuss about Halloween was over here...they should have started them earlier in the 00's

As for what would Walt think or say it's impossible to know and leads to many a debate over on the US boards - The BOG controversy comes to mind here :rotfl:

We celebrated Halloween when I was a child back in the 70's as did everybody I know/knew so to me it's always been around. Even my parents did apple bobbing in the 50's ...OH had no idea what it was all about until 1997 which was the first year here that we got it

The MNSSHP only started in 2008 by which time all the fuss about Halloween was over here...they should have started them earlier in the 00's

As for what would Walt think or say it's impossible to know and leads to many a debate over on the US boards - The BOG controversy comes to mind here :rotfl:

Oh yes, we 'celebrate' it and I did as a child, but not in the manner they do in the US, even now in the UK, it's not to that scale. But I'm sure we'll end up that way ;).

:rotfl2: about Walt and the BOG controversy! We'll leave it there then :lmao:....

Meanwhile I'll keep my fingers crossed that MNSSHP returns next year! ::yes::

Such shame, we loved it last year. Was a great atmosphere, hope they reconsider next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter