Are There DVC Christmas Ornaments This Year?

Belle & Ariel

DIS Veteran
We will be going to the DVC Moonlight Magic in December at Epcot. Will they give ornaments like at the Merry Mixers?

Went last night. No ornament - not as a gift, not for sale. The only "event merchandise" was a Moonlight Magic pin and a tee shirt. Very disappointed - we have the complete collection of DVC pewter ornaments from every member mixer. I really thought (was hoping) for an ornament this year.

Apparently I was wrong (sort of) about no ornament. Someone in another thread wrote about most of the event merchandise being sold out and they mentioned an ornament. I checked ebay - because everything immediately ends up there. There was a white ceramic "Moonlight Magic" ornament sold last night. But it is nothing like the pewter ornaments given out at the member mixers.

Per a meeting at DVD yesterday, free ornaments are a thing of the past as monies are being directed to moonlight magic events.

:earsboy: Bill

I would have been happy buying a DVC christmas ornament done in the style of the pewter ornaments that they've had for the last 12 or so years. Wasn't looking (or expecting) a freebie - would have gladly bought one. (But speaking of "free" - didn't the attendees at the AK Moonlight Magic get Rivers of Lights lanterns as gifts?)

Yes to the free Rivers of Light lanterns at AK. Almost missed them. It was a small blurb on the map so I dragged my group over to check it out. Pleasantly surprised to receive them!

I would have been happy buying a DVC christmas ornament done in the style of the pewter ornaments that they've had for the last 12 or so years. Wasn't looking (or expecting) a freebie - would have gladly bought one. (But speaking of "free" - didn't the attendees at the AK Moonlight Magic get Rivers of Lights lanterns as gifts?)
I completely agree -- I bought them on Ebay half the time when I couldn't get them the usual routes, anyway. I told the DVC execs so at the summer Typhoon Lagoon event. I'm very disappointed. I had just caught up and had all twelve. :sad1:

How many years did they offer a pewter ornament? I know they ended with 2016, but I can't remember what year they started. Anyone know? Thanks!!

How many years did they offer a pewter ornament? I know they ended with 2016, but I can't remember what year they started. Anyone know? Thanks!!

Our first (and last, apparently) Merry Mixer was in 2016. We loved the ornament, and decided we'd make it a new family tradition to get one every year. Oh well, lol. Hanging it on the tree today and remembering such a fun trip :)

I bought a Dvc ornament at Disney Springs two weeks ago. I don’t see the style on shop Disney or the app right now. It is aqua with navy print like the new Dvc magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter