Are there any vacation destinations that get you as excited or more excited then a Disney trip?

My kids vetoed Disney this June and opted for NOLA instead. They've been to NOLA once and Disney twice, and said they would rather go to NOLA. They will be 15 and 13 at the time of the trip.

I loved NOLA too, so I don't mind!

NYC is the only place that we get more excited for than WDW. The possibilities are endless so planning each year is really fun, we all give input and do research.
And is it me or does NYC seem less crowded than WDW these days?? ‍♀️

Not so far, but I'm getting ready to find out how I do with planning a Universal Orlando only vacation for this September so we'll see !

Yes. Most of them. I love Disney, but there is a element of stress that goes into the planning, and the trip itself. We have a vacation planned for southwest Florida, the Keys, Naples, Sanibel, and I'm really looking forward to that much more than our WDW trip in June.

Pretty much every vacation.

I love history, natural and historical landmarks, beaches, even relaxing B & B was exciting to just get away and experience quaintness, Vegas is exciting too (my husband gets really excited when thinking about Vegas honestly lol), and so many other things. Exploring places makes me happy.

Yes, every vacation we take! We enjoy Disney, but it's definitely not the end all, be all vacation spot for us.

We've gone to Yellowstone in the winter twice (and in the summer several times). Yellowstone in winter is beautiful and not crowded. They limit the number of snowmobiles in the park so it's not too noisy either. Each time we just couldn't wait to get there and were sad to leave. We also took a trip to the Maritimes in Canada and really enjoyed that, too. That one was during July, so the weather was great.

I love to travel, period. But I prefer Europe to WDW. While I’ve enjoyed WDW and Universal, we visited them mainly because DD loved them. I’m calling “my turn to pick” next summer. Hungary is on the list, and I’ll pick another country we haven’t yet visited.

DW and I were going to London last May, but I was in an accident in April and we couldn't go. I'm just dying to see all the places we'd planned on going.

Yes, all of our trips! Sometimes I want art and culture, sometimes hiking and plenty of forests/lakes/peace. Each trip is special planned time with my family so yes.

We haven't done WDW since 2006 so yes, every vacation we have done over the past 14 years have become more exciting than Disney for many different reasons.

I get excited for every vacation. I find it fun just going out of town for a night or 2. I don’t get as excited about anything as much as Disney, however. No matter how many times I have been, I’m still just as excited.

Personally I find planning my non-Disney trips much more stressful & time consuming.

I am currently planning a road trip up the Oregon Coast. It is so different, i get overwhelmed.

With a Disneyland trip because I have been so many times, they pretty much plan themselves.

We love cruising! Of course some of the best vacations have been a combination of Disneyland and a Mexican cruise.

Cruises- going on one to Cuba this summer!
Was definitely more excited for Portland Oregon a couple years ago and I want to go back so much. Was in Vegas last month, fun as usual but not as exciting anymore.
Still love Disney, but our family is looking for other places more now.

I enjoy my trips to the theme parks a lot. It's like going to a favorite higher-end chain restaurant for a nice meal. I know exactly what to expect, and I know there will be stuff I like, and I'm sure I'll have a nice time. My other vacations--for example, Alaska this coming summer--are like going to some Michelin-starred or similarly reviewed restaurant. I've heard great things, and I don't really know exactly what to expect, but I am very excited!

I tend to get more excited about new places than about old favorites. Right now, I'm in the middle of planning two big trips to places I've never been before - a seven-state West Coast road trip this summer and a month-long trip to Japan next year (though both trips also have a first-time Disney aspect - Disneyland this summer, both Tokyo parks and maybe Hong Kong the next). As much as I love Disney World, it has become something more like an old favorite, a way to escape Michigan winters, and that isn't as exciting as exploring a destination for the first time.

I am in the process of planning a trip to Vegas for the wife and I and I am as excited as when planing a trip to WDW. Any cruise is also in the as excited as a WDW trip.

Hawaii is definitely in the more excited then a WDW trip.
We're taking a trip to Vegas in May. I'm having a really hard time getting excited about it. Maybe because this will be my first time there and I don't know what to expect? Not sure.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter