Are the FW cabins a good choice for childfree adults?

sam_b

I don't even want to think about how much this has
Hi,

I have booked my first ever stay in a FW cabin in January and am starting to wonder if I have done the right thing.....

We usually stay in a moderate resort, but have had a run of noisy neighbours, (kids running up and down outside our rooms (or excitable little ones in the room next door) and decided that a 'detached' cabin would be the perfect solution.

My concern is that I will miss the convenience of the transportation at a moderate - FW buses are supposed to be pretty bad.
Do you think that we might feel less of the magic?

Have we done the right thing??

Any advice/reassurance welcome!

I wish Disney would have a childfree hotel or section......

If you enjoy camping, or the outdoors in general, I think that FW should be a nice alternative for you. The cabins are larger than the average/standard resort rooms, and depending upon your location, you have more privacy than you would if you were staying in one of the moderate resorts. However, there no question that transportation can be a bit of a challenge sometimes, especially if you're in a hurry. We usually rent a car when we stay at FW.

When I stayed in a Wilderness Cabin a few years back, we found the accomodations to be nice, but the transportation was just horrid. It required a transfer to get anywhere from the cabin. We had a car with us, and wound up using it 90% of the time.

That being said, the accomdations were very nice, and it was the right place for us to stay at that time. It was great for our party of three adults and two kids. It was nice to have two rooms so the adults could stay up after the kids went to bed, and we loved having the full kitchen as well. It is very peaceful there--very dark at night. However, I don't think I would stay there again unless I had access to a car.

Every resort has it's own pros and cons, and what those pros and cons are differ from person to person. If you are looking for piece and quiet, then the cabin could be right for you. If you are looking for ease of transportation and fun theming, you'd probably be better off at a moderate.

Either way, enjoy your stay!

Karen

Sam, I love the FW cabins. They are probably the best place in WDW for a childfree couple. You are right, the buses leave a lot to be desired but that goes for anywhere in WDW in my opinion. If you can swing it for $43 per day, get a golf cart from the bike barn. I use the golf cart to get around in FW, using the boat service if I go to Magic Kingdom or any of the other MK resorts, but if I am going to Epcot, Downtown, or AK I drive my car.
Charlie

I think you'll have a great time at the cabins. I've stayed twice and I quite like the quiet stroll with my DGF to the bus station in the morning. You rarely get busy buses either so its easier to have a chat with the driver and find out any good daily info. Keep a lookout for the barman in Trail's End who looks slightly out of place in a log cabin (thing Where's Wally - or do you say Where's Waldo - anyway you get the idea).

SD

Thanks to everyone for your positive messages - I feel a lot better about it now! I will look at getting a golf cart for a few days but 10 days at $43 may push the budget a bit too far! :D

I think that I just need to look at this as a totally different Disney experience from the ones that I have already had.

I'll let you know how I get on!

:flower1: :jumping4:

We absolutlely loved the cabins!!

The best advice I can give you is to get a car.

Forget the golf carts. (Much cheaper to just rent a car...) They are fun, but I wouldn't get them unless I had kids there. They liked the golf carts better than the parks!!

The transportation in Disney is good in theory, but the time it takes makes it very tiresome. The fact that you have to take 2 buses at FW makes it even more of a WASTE OF TIME - something you don't really want to do when it costs so darn much to even step foot on Disney property.

Have fun - I'm a little jealous :)

We stayed at the Poly because we thought it would be romantic! WRONG! (You could read our post on the resort board). Anyway...(on the down low) a Poly CM told us that we should really give FW Cabins a try the next time we come to WDW. He said the rooms are spacious, have kitchens and also have a good distance between each neighbor so you won't hear your neighbors should they be noisy/loud.

I'm really not into camping that much, however, for the price and for all that you get, it really sounds great for 2 adults ~ and am thinking about giving it a try if I can convince DH to go back! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter