are popcorn buckets worth it?

carlymcqueen

Mouseketeer
call me crazy, but in the almost ten times I've gone to Disney, l've never ever gotten a popcorn bucket. I'm a huge popcorn fan and I'd probably get a refill or two a day. in your opinion, is it more worth it to buy popcorn separately or get the bucket for the trip?

You must ask yourself 1 question... do you want to carry said bucket around to get it refilled?
Yes, then yes it is worth is
No, then it is not.
It's really that simple.
Because no matter how much you love popcorn, if you don't want to haul the bucket then you aren't going to fill it

We ended up getting the darth vader popcorn bucket on a whim without really thinking about hauling it around. All I had was my little draw string backpack and we ended up shoving it in there and I carried a helmet in my backpack the rest of the afternoon. We still laugh about it :lmao:

A very kind and wonderful CM at Tiffin's gifted us with a Lotus bucket last month. I truly appreciated it and didn't have the heart to tell him that we didn't want to haul that sucker around. I did want the bucket, just not at that particular moment due to our plans for that day.
We don't carry bags. It has a strap but it also has pointy petals all the way around! The thing poked me all afternoon. A pain on rides too.
Plus, we were heading to the Run Disney expo from the park.
But, we took it with us. Never did get any popcorn put in it. No way were we going to haul it around any other day
We are going to pop some and put in it when we watch Avatar on Sunday night (want to let DGD watch it before our trip next week)

A very kind and wonderful CM at Tiffin's gifted us with a Lotus bucket last month. I truly appreciated it and didn't have the heart to tell him that we didn't want to haul that sucker around. I did want the bucket, just not at that particular moment due to our plans for that day.
We don't carry bags. It has a strap but it also has pointy petals all the way around! The thing poked me all afternoon. A pain on rides too.
Plus, we were heading to the Run Disney expo from the park.
But, we took it with us. Never did get any popcorn put in it. No way were we going to haul it around any other day
We are going to pop some and put in it when we watch Avatar on Sunday night (want to let DGD watch it before our trip next week)
Was that the same one you get with the River of Lights dining package? That thing was pretty but a pain to haul around, it was surprisingly sharp!

We got a bucket on our last trip. It was worth it for us. I have two little ones who love popcorn. We filled it a number of times during our trip. It was no problem for us to carry it around, but we have a stroller.

Let me put it to you this way. My husband is NOT a popcorn fan at all. Except at Disney World. He said each kernel has butter on it, there at no Old Maids to deal with and so we have some each time we go now. Next time will be a bucket that we can use each day we are there. We will be very happy.

Was that the same one you get with the River of Lights dining package? That thing was pretty but a pain to haul around, it was surprisingly sharp!
We have he Rivers of Light package so wonder if we will get one. Is there anyway to take the pointy petals off?
Can you post a picture of it?

Totally worth it! We filled it any time we passed a stand if it was empty so we always had a snack for the kids at any time. We ate more popcorn than we normally would have, but it was a cheap snack for our boys. Not sure if my opinion will change next time when we don't have our stroller.

We also got the lotus blossom one from tiffins from our ROL package. I didn't like it. It was small and pointy, the lid didn't stay on and I ended up dropping it and it cracked.

Are the "fancier" buckets like the lotus refillable too, or just the plainer one pictured on the menu by the $10.00 price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter