• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

3 times in a row on FOP is pretty cool, but I can imagine after awhile the motion would start to get to you. That CM must have been pressured to make sure everyone had read the warnings. Then again, if there was an "incident" in the ride around the same time that could explain it. She might have wanted to avoid another protein spill on her shift. :rotfl2:

If there was one place that I have not been in AK, that place is Flame Tree Barbecue. After moving to a location where people live and breathe barbecue, it is hard to eat it anywhere else in the country. So, I was very interested to hear your take on the barbecue there.

That's awesome that you got to go 3 times in a row on FoP. The most I have ever done in a row is twice.

If I go back to Flame Tree I’d probably try something else.

3 times in a row on FOP is pretty cool, but I can imagine after awhile the motion would start to get to you. That CM must have been pressured to make sure everyone had read the warnings. Then again, if there was an "incident" in the ride around the same time that could explain it. She might have wanted to avoid another protein spill on her shift. :rotfl2:

It’s weird how that CM was so insistent and nobody else was in any of my other rides that week.

That's SUCH great news about the glasses. The last time I rode FoP, I was super conscientious about how I moved my head because they were so loose.

Enjoying the HECK out of your solo trip, and am anxiously awaiting the reasons you were unable to consume pizza in your room. :D

We didn't have park tickets at Marathon weekend so I have yet to see Pandora or ride FOP. How would you rate the motion sickness factor? Like if Star Wars makes me mildly nauseated, would you recommend FOP? I really want to ride it but don't want the rest of my day ruined by sickness...

Really enjoying your TR and all the pics! And also can't wait to hear why you can't eat pizza in your room!

That's SUCH great news about the glasses. The last time I rode FoP, I was super conscientious about how I moved my head because they were so loose.

Enjoying the HECK out of your solo trip, and am anxiously awaiting the reasons you were unable to consume pizza in your room. :D
The glasses didn’t bother me before but I know they did for many. Disney definitely did good by fixing that issue.

You’ll have to wait a little while longer.... :)

We didn't have park tickets at Marathon weekend so I have yet to see Pandora or ride FOP. How would you rate the motion sickness factor? Like if Star Wars makes me mildly nauseated, would you recommend FOP? I really want to ride it but don't want the rest of my day ruined by sickness...

Really enjoying your TR and all the pics! And also can't wait to hear why you can't eat pizza in your room!
Pandora overall is my favorite land in all of WDW. The details are fantastic. FoP is interesting for those who deal with motion sickness. I’d put it somewhere between Soarin and Star Tours. It has more movement than Soarin but is smoother than Star Tours. In January friends of mine took Bomine (not sure if that’s how you spell it) because of the motion sickness factor and we’re fine after. If you can I’d recommend experiencing it once.

Pandora overall is my favorite land in all of WDW. The details are fantastic. FoP is interesting for those who deal with motion sickness. I’d put it somewhere between Soarin and Star Tours. It has more movement than Soarin but is smoother than Star Tours. In January friends of mine took Bomine (not sure if that’s how you spell it) because of the motion sickness factor and we’re fine after. If you can I’d recommend experiencing it once.

Awesome, thanks! I can ride Soarin no problem so I will definitely give it a try! Maybe try the Bonine too! :)

Ahh!!! I can't wait to go to Pandora in January. The pictures are so striking, so I can just imagine what it will be like "in person."

I never know what to get at Starbucks because I'm not the biggest coffee drinker so I may have to try there half and half drink. Your Dinosaur ride picture is a great one. The FoP queue is just so detailed but it really is a shame that people just don't care and do whatever they want or let there kids do whatever they want. Frankly this happens everywhere.

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, so most of the time at Starbucks I order the iced black tea lemonade, unsweetened as I find the lemonade is enough sweetener. Sometimes I will order the iced passion tea lemonade, also unsweetened, or I'll just go for a chai tea (hot or iced, depending on my mood)

FoP is interesting for those who deal with motion sickness.
I am one of those individuals. I actually wear an anti-nausea patch when I go to Disney (and definitely Universal). It would be the equivalent of taking multiple suped-up doses of Dramamine (or Gravol for my Canadians) and I STILL had to close my eyes in parts of FOP. Star Tours is the only one I can actually handle completely and that is due to its limited length-3 times in a row though is my absolute max. FOP was a one and done. I'll ride again for my Husbands first trip in August, but if he wants re-rides he can do them solo. It's a good ride, but what they have at Universal is still way better (Spiderman being my favourite)!

So as many of you know they are now giving out warning cards for Flight of Passage. A CM was collecting them just inside. Since I was never given one she handed me one. I said I have been on this ride several times and know how it operates. She said it doesn't matter you need to read it right her in front of me. I was taken back by that. The climber kid and father in front of me who was given a card had verify they read it as well. This CM was very adamant about reading this card. I pretended to skim the card and moved on.
Yeah, I also had some differing experiences (I think I was there one of the first days with the cards). I rode it 3x (in 2 days) all with FP+. First time, they automatically gave it to me, I skimmed it as I walked up, and they collected it at the front. They also weren't doing the second FP scan point right then, so I was wondering if it was a check to make sure no one hopped the line (it would have been very easy because there was no one else in FP line). The second time they gave me one, I tried to say - no, don't need it I already read it this morning, but they insisted, so I took it up. The CM at the end of FP line wasn't really actively collecting them and I had to forcefully hand it to him! The third time I started to enter and they never gave me a card; I actually asked for one because I thought it was required now! And again, the CM wasn't really collecting them, so I had to initiate the handover!

Yeah, I also had some differing experiences (I think I was there one of the first days with the cards). I rode it 3x (in 2 days) all with FP+. First time, they automatically gave it to me, I skimmed it as I walked up, and they collected it at the front. They also weren't doing the second FP scan point right then, so I was wondering if it was a check to make sure no one hopped the line (it would have been very easy because there was no one else in FP line). The second time they gave me one, I tried to say - no, don't need it I already read it this morning, but they insisted, so I took it up. The CM at the end of FP line wasn't really actively collecting them and I had to forcefully hand it to him! The third time I started to enter and they never gave me a card; I actually asked for one because I thought it was required now! And again, the CM wasn't really collecting them, so I had to initiate the handover!
I rode 5 times this trip and they were definitely weird about it the first time but the rest no issues. I guess it just depends on the CM.

I can't eat my pizza in my room...

So as I mentioned I grabbed some popcorn in Dinoland and was going to walk around a bit. I had a FP for the second showing of RoL but as I was walking by and the show was starting I decided to instead cancel the FP and watch RoL from the bridge.

I know many don't like this show or find it boring but I really enjoy it and think it fits AK perfectly. Seeing it from this new vantage point was pretty awesome.

IMG_3150JPG.jpg

IMG_3155JPG.jpg

IMG_3160JPG.jpg

IMG_3166JPG.jpg

IMG_3174JPG.jpg

IMG_3179JPG.jpg

IMG_3185JPG.jpg

IMG_3188JPG.jpg

IMG_3192JPG.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

If you want to see high quality photos of this from me my other recent trip reports have that. I only used my phone from the bridge instead of bringing out my DSLR.

So I then headed out of AK for the night since It was a long day with travel and hitting the parks hard. I arrived at All Star Sports and wanted to grab something to eat in my room. I got in line for a flatbread pepperoni pizza. Ordered that and a drink and headed to my room. I try to open my door... and nothing... So to the front desk I go with my pizza and drink in hand! Waiting in line finally get someone to assist me. I forget the CM's name but she was very helpful. I said I wasn't able to open my door. She took my MagicBand behind the desk to check things out. I said I was able to access the room earlier. She then came back and asked if I left the room dirty? I was like um... no? I had only been in the room for 10 minutes and didn't have my luggage yet. She then came back and asked if I called before my trip regarding the room. No again. She then said she figured out the issue and gave me my MagicBand back and then asked for my receipt for my pizza and drink. She reimbursed the bill for the inconvenience. I then took my cold pizza back to my room. I open the door... No luggage... So I go back and they said they had it but didn't have the room number to deliver it too. Ok I returned and it was there.

I think the issue was with the Touring Plans room fax. This was my first time ever using that and I think the fax screwed the room assigners up which led to my room issues. It was just weird how it worked when I checked in but then not later.

Up Next: I rope drop Magic Kingdom!

I really like RoL a lot. I mostly like it for the soundtrack.

Your pizza went on quite the journey, but it was great that you had a nice CM that took care of everything for you.

I still have never seen RoL. I might have to switch some of my plans so I can see it in May. The view from the bridge looked awesome and looked like a great spot to get some cool photos. Your pizza adventure had me cracking up but it must’ve been annoying at the moment but at least you got a free pizza and a nice CM.

I do also. I just wish they would be part of the show more than they are and have the floats switch sides to get a good vantage point of both sets.

Agreed!

I still have never seen RoL. I might have to switch some of my plans so I can see it in May. The view from the bridge looked awesome and looked like a great spot to get some cool photos. Your pizza adventure had me cracking up but it must’ve been annoying at the moment but at least you got a free pizza and a nice CM.

You should definitely see it at least once!

Yeah it was annoying but the CM made up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter