Are Guaranteed Park Reservations the New Early Magic Hour Perk?

Drewski77

Mouseketeer
Many have said that Early Magic Hour is sure to come back for at least resort hotel guests, but I’m beginning to wonder about this.

It seems one of the main “perks” of staying on-site might now be the ability to make park reservations for days that are sold out for the other buckets of reservations.

For many businesses what was once a given, later becomes a “perk,” and I have to wonder if this is where Disney is headed with reservations.

And then EMH is either monitized or done away with aside from special events.

They sort of do an extra magic 1/2 hour now for resort guests - and it's every day at every park. So one might say the perk has actually been expanded, not gone away.

Many have said that Early Magic Hour is sure to come back for at least resort hotel guests, but I’m beginning to wonder about this.

It seems one of the main “perks” of staying on-site might now be the ability to make park reservations for days that are sold out for the other buckets of reservations.

For many businesses what was once a given, later becomes a “perk,” and I have to wonder if this is where Disney is headed with reservations.

And then EMH is either monitized or done away with aside from special events.

First day from GCH today and here’s a very small perk that has been mentioned before in other posts. The ability to pass through hotel security into DTD before the Harbor side is allowed in. We were able to get first position at a gate, which meant about 10 people back from the RotR rope drop line (we have a stroller and did not run) which then meant we were off the ride at 8:30am.

They have quite an opening procedure! I was very impressed and grateful. No running, no trampling, no pushing. Everyone walked as the cast members both led and corralled us towards the entrance. We walked right on with no wait. As we were exiting, the time listed was 120 minutes and went to 180 in about a half hour.

It’s definitely not the EMH we’re used to, but I was happy to have the “perk” today. Which I guess speaks to your OP, right? What we once had has now been squished into a 15 minute head start for the turnstiles. And that’s something to be grateful about…:rolleyes:

First day from GCH today and here’s a very small perk that has been mentioned before in other posts. The ability to pass through hotel security into DTD before the Harbor side is allowed in. We were able to get first position at a gate, which meant about 10 people back from the RotR rope drop line (we have a stroller and did not run) which then meant we were off the ride at 8:30am.

They have quite an opening procedure! I was very impressed and grateful. No running, no trampling, no pushing. Everyone walked as the cast members both led and corralled us towards the entrance. We walked right on with no wait. As we were exiting, the time listed was 120 minutes and went to 180 in about a half hour.

It’s definitely not the EMH we’re used to, but I was happy to have the “perk” today. Which I guess speaks to your OP, right? What we once had has now been squished into a 15 minute head start for the turnstiles. And that’s something to be grateful about…:rolleyes:

I do wish EMH would come back, but we still stay at the Grand every time as DVC owners and rack rate stays for the reason you pointed out and other things we really like…it’s an awesome yet super expensive resort.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter