Are FPs needed for Animal Kingdom shows?

Stacied68

Mouseketeer
I am planning to see Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo the Musical and Up! A Great Bird Adventure. Also, if it makes a difference I am doing this on a solo trip. Would it make sense to use a FP for any of them or should I just use my FPs for rides?

Thanks

We use FP's for everything that offers a FP simply because we can. Sometimes it just gets you out of the heat sooner or gets you a better seat. That being said, if you're deciding between using a FP for a ride or a show, I'd go with the ride.

I wouldn't use them in place of a ride, no. But if you have nothing else to use them on, then absolutely go for it. But they don't necessarily offer you an advantage where as they would on a ride.

I think it depends on the day and it's pretty much impossible to predict that in advance. There are times when we walk right into the Lion King show, other times when the line is so long that I don't think the people at the back of it will get in for the next two shows. I personally believe the best AK attractions are FOP, Safari, and Lion King, so I would use a FP for it if it were just me - my kids and husband would never let me not get them an EE FP.

We have always been able to get in, even though it may be WAY back. As stated previously, FP does get in first while we wait in the sun. We will often wait until 5 minutes before loading, so there has been occasion to not make it. If you arrive 15 minutes before loading (which is probably 25 before showtime), then you will be safe. These are often good additional FP selections.

Rides, the show buildings are so big there you don't really need to worry about it. I haven't seen crowd levels for UP more than twice but I can't imagine that would fill - people were coming and going in the one we were in the whole time.

I would agree that these are good additional FPs.. I would not sub for a ride though. I usually try to see if any are available the day of.

We like the seating area near the front for Nemo so we would get FPs for that but other than that we wouldn’t bother.

We will often get FP+ for a show if it's one that we really want to see anyway, particularly in the morning. Not so much because we feel we need the FP+ but because it lets us burn a FP+ or two early on, so that we can start looking for additional FP+ after the third one is used. If I'm planning to go to the 10 AM Lion King show, I'll get a FP+, just so one of the three is out of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!