• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Emerald Isle and Emerald Club the same thing?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at www.nationalcar.com looking for info about the Emerald Isle program. But, all I saw was the Emerald Club. Are these the same or different? Does it cost to join? I just applied for a Disney Club card, is that any help with this? Thanks in advance!

Emerald Aisle is a service that is available to members of the Emerald Club. You would need to join the Emerald Club to use that feature. National used to have free membership available to the EC via their website, but that is no longer available. From what I understand you can get a free membership to the Emerald Club through the Disney Club. You would probably need to go through the Disney Club website to get the how to's on this, or maybe someone here can tell you more about how to join the Emerald Club with your DC membership.

When you reserve a fullsize or midsize car through National using your Emerald club membership, you will, at most locations, have the option to chose Emerald Aisle service. With Emerald Aisle service you will be able to bypass the counter at the airport and go directly to where the cars are located. You can chose any car in the Emerald Aisle. Sometimes they have SUV's, convertables, MiniVans and other specialty vehicles on the Emerald Aisle. Other times they do not. It is kind of a luck of the draw situation. You will always be guaranteed at least what you reserved.

Once you pick a car on the EA you can load it up and drive it to the checkout gate where they will ask you for ID and reservation information and check you out there. It is a big timesaver. There are other features of Emerald Club as well, but I don't know how much detail you want or need. I hope this helps.

The Emerald Club is National's perks program. One of these perks is use of the Emerald Aisle, when reserving an intermediate or above size vehicle. This perk allows you to bypass the counter and proceed to a special aisle of cars at participating locations. You then have your choice of the cars on the aisle, which can sometimes include premium or SUV's. You make your choice and proceed to the checkout kiosk. Fast and easy.

It normally cost $50 to join the Emerald Club. Recently there were several free offers for membership around the net, but they have apparently expired. However, :) you said you had just applied for Disney Club. When you get your membership number, visit their website a www.disneyclub.com and search for National deals. They have a phone number you can call for a fee-waived EA application.

There is also National discount and coupon info there, to save you some $$. Good luck!!

Edit: Oops, sorry about the repetitive info. I was posting at the same time as sgtDisney!!

Emerald Club is essentially National's frequent user program, and requires enrollment.
Emerald Aisle is the designated area in the parking lot where members of Emerald Club who have booked an intermediate or full size vehicle, with this designation pick up their car.

The choice of vehicle changes on a daily basis, but may also include SUV's, convertibles, premium cars, or mini vans.

You are guaranteed as a minimum the class of vehicle (Intermediate or full size) you reserved.

There are places where the fee can be waived for Emerald Club.
Disney Club is one of them, I believe.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day! :)

Originally posted by lady400

Edit: Oops, sorry about the repetitive info. I was posting at the same time as sgtDisney!!

LOL, yes a couple really quick replies to this, wasn't there.....

Wow, you guys are fast with the answers. I found the link on the Disney Club page. I am on hold right now calling them to get a free application. Thanks!

I just found out today that if you have a Capital One credit card, they also offer free membership to Emerald Club. There is a link on their home page & you can do the online signup. I just mailed my application through DC, so I didn't sign up w/Capital One. Also, the DC contract is 20% off & Capital One is only 10%. Thought this info might help others looking to join EC for free!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter