Are ADRs Largely Still a Challenge to Get

I responded a few days ago, but never really answered your question....

With inflation being what it is, they are much easier to get than they were in 2022, maybe even 2023. I see more people bringing food in than I have in almost 30 years of trips. I see tables available in table service restaurants while counter service is packed and it is hard to find a seat during "peak times".

This, definitely.
Our last trips we ate almost every dinner at DS due in part to the ease of getting a reservation at www.opentable.com

It also works for other DS sit down restaurants with the exception of Homecomin’.
You can pretty much walk in at Homecomin', because it's not nearly as popular as they, or people here, would have you believe.

We’re going at the end of July and my ADR day was at the end of May. On my ADR day, I was on my way to a trip that is the closest to a trip of a lifetime and so I didn’t bother to make ADRs until a few days ago. I was shocked that everywhere that we were interested in dining in was available. I think the Disney quality to price ratio / value proposition has reached the point that people are just saying no.

I was able to get Hoop Dee Doo, Flying Fish, ‘Ohana breakfast and Bibbidi Boobidi so I am happy.

The others were easy. Liberty Tree, Coral Reef, Biergarten, Hollywood and Vine breakfast and 50’s Prime Time dinner.

The only one I did not get is Steakhouse 71 on our arrival day but that is more because I want only a very small window of time.

I have been checking daily because my husband and I are finally able to take the granddaughters to Walt Disney World while mom and dad fly off to a business seminar. The ONLY place they want to eat is Beaches and Cream, and times there (for 4) are very hard to get. Sure, you can get 9:55 or 10:30 PM but I was hoping for lunch. Unfortunately, I need the reservation for the day we arrive, and at 6 am, it's pretty much gone. Has anyone had luck with booking 2 reservations for 2 people (they are plentiful) say, 10 minutes apart? I don't have to sit together but being seated at the same time would be great. I guess we could always keep checking, but I've been checking several times a day for same day or within a couple of days for people dropping last minute reservations and haven't had much luck.
I was originally concerned about Rose and Crown fireworks package but have decided against it as my 11 year old would probably just eat fries, and the 13 year old wouldn't eat much more than that She might eat some fish, but the younger one doesn't like meat, and neither likes cheese. I don't think they would even eat the desserts. If they have salad, they would probably eat that, but just lettuce and dressing. Hardly worth it for 92.00. Not sure what the childrens menu is but hopefully more choices?

I responded a few days ago, but never really answered your question....

With inflation being what it is, they are much easier to get than they were in 2022, maybe even 2023. I see more people bringing food in than I have in almost 30 years of trips. I see tables available in table service restaurants while counter service is packed and it is hard to find a seat during "peak times".

Yes, I’ve seen many people picnicking at the parks. Lots of empty seats. I notice it in my neck of the woods also- I don’t remember the last time I’ve seen a line at several eateries that have always had lines. I went out to eat last Friday and expected the normal 30 minute wait, but it was half empty and everyone there was over 70. Expensive food is the first luxury to go for many on trips.

Has anyone had luck with booking 2 reservations for 2 people (they are plentiful) say, 10 minutes apart?
Great idea worth trying although I haven’t. Since the new spot is bigger in space I’d just ask the podium if you can sit close to each other. Should you have problems getting a timely ADR maybe give one of the sites with reservation finders a try.
HTH and have fun!

We just made plans for late July---so of course our opening has been there for awhile. We are a larger party too--8 or 9 people and only really doing two days. One day at Magic Kingdom and One day at Epcot--so I am trying to find reservations for dinner for those specific days. I of course am not having much luck-hopefully the closer it gets to the trip more things open up.

I have been checking daily because my husband and I are finally able to take the granddaughters to Walt Disney World while mom and dad fly off to a business seminar. The ONLY place they want to eat is Beaches and Cream, and times there (for 4) are very hard to get. Sure, you can get 9:55 or 10:30 PM but I was hoping for lunch. Unfortunately, I need the reservation for the day we arrive, and at 6 am, it's pretty much gone. Has anyone had luck with booking 2 reservations for 2 people (they are plentiful) say, 10 minutes apart? I don't have to sit together but being seated at the same time would be great. I guess we could always keep checking, but I've been checking several times a day for same day or within a couple of days for people dropping last minute reservations and haven't had much luck.
I was originally concerned about Rose and Crown fireworks package but have decided against it as my 11 year old would probably just eat fries, and the 13 year old wouldn't eat much more than that She might eat some fish, but the younger one doesn't like meat, and neither likes cheese. I don't think they would even eat the desserts. If they have salad, they would probably eat that, but just lettuce and dressing. Hardly worth it for 92.00. Not sure what the childrens menu is but hopefully more choices?
ADRs don't fully book a restaurant. You can "join the waitlist" once you get close, then spend some time poking around until your table is ready. B&C is a pretty big place now, and its cheap prices and dull foodservice menu appeals to a large swath of leveraged-to-the-hilt travelers.

I was booking for a party of 7 this time instead of 5 and I found reservations pretty difficult. I had to settle for Via Napoli at 4:30 pm for dinner and I was up and ready early morning when they opened. I think it has more to do with booking for a larger party.
Same here. Booking for a family of nine is a pain. Most times I am able to book a party of five on my account and then a party of four using my wife’s account, and hope that we can join tables together, which usually happens. For the life of me I don’t understand on why Disney does not make it easier to book larger parties…..within reason. After all, they do have accommodations that allow nine people

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest