Aquamouse POV Video

Just went looking and found that the original concept art showed it having a clear tube coming out of the funnel now it is a long solid white tube. They need to add something more along all that dark tunnel section. They also got rid of the small clear section coming out from the ascent tunnel into the funnel.

Concept art
591F91BB-1346-4F4E-BC4E-1012A7CD698E.jpeg
BF692D88-91B2-4CD1-A37F-E93331A01AEC.png

Current model on the ship
5E25F26D-4CA7-46BF-B6DE-51D58934DB6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oof. I get claustrophobic but I was fine on AQUA duck because the dark/fully enclosed was so quick. I don't know if I can handle this one.

Notice how in the original pic the ride was supposed to be an all water ride. Now the water part doesnt come until you reach the top.

they really should of just done the aqua duck again. Its a downgrade. its also far more a visual eyesore then the aqua duck too.

Slide are usually short, so that is not my issue. I do wonder how many rebellious people to try to get out of the vehicle in the tunnel.
They should have called it a slide, not an attraction.

Is lame too harsh of a word for that? The whole ship seems a little underwhelming.
To me it seems they have paid more attention to decor and less to innovation. A good show at dinner is great, but dinner shows are as old as mankind. Nothing really new or innovative in comparison to what is possible on other cruise ships.

Like with the 50th anniversary, Disney is playing it safe. They try to attract people who already like them and not new groups of customers.

And as the Wish is overthemed, with more Disney all the time everywhere, it is a less attractive ship for the casual cruiser. More than the other ships, the Wish is for Disney diehards.

Last edited:
To me it seems they have paid more attention to decor and less to innovation. A good show at dinner is great, but dinner shows are as old as mankind. Nothing really new or innovative in comparison to what is possible on other cruise ships.

Like with the 50th anniversary, Disney is playing it safe. They try to attract people who already like them and not new groups of customers.

And as the Wish is overthemed, with more Disney all the time, everywhere it is a less attractive ship for the casual cruiser. More than the other ships the Wish is for Disney diehards.
Agree. I love Disney, so I’m okay with the overtheming.

But for people like my parents, who enjoy DCL even though they are not Disney people, I don’t think they will enjoy the new ship. I prefer the classic nautical feeling of the four other ships honestly. If you’re going to add IPs fine, but don’t rely on them.

And based on the video above, I prefer the Aquaduck too.

Agree. I love Disney, so I’m okay with the overtheming.

But for people like my parents, who enjoy DCL even though they are not Disney people, I don’t think they will enjoy the new ship. I prefer the classic nautical feeling of the four other ships honestly. If you’re going to add IPs fine, but don’t rely on them.

And based on the video above, I prefer the Aquaduck too.
I wonder if there are people who love Disney, but don't cruise at the moment, because the ships lack theming. That they will now because of the Wish being so overthemed.

I think, most people who love love love Disney have one specific brand they love. I am a 80s/90s girl, I love my Disney princesses, but Toy Story is not what I grew up with, Avatar is a boring movie to me and Marvel and Star Wars are brands I never got into. I enjoy Toy Storyland, Galaxy's Edge, Pandora and all the rides, theming, restaurants and some merchandise are fun. But they are a one-time thing for me. On our last trip to WDW, in Pandora we rode the 2 rides, took some pictures and had lunch and then we left and we didn't return for the rest of our trip. We did use our time to repeatedly visit Magic Kingddom and tried to meet all the princesses in Epcot.

Out of all the areas on the Disney Wish, I am interested in the Frozen parts, but me going to the Star Wars bar are slim (especially because it is so small). If I go there, it'll be maybe an hour. Have a drink and then leave.

I didn’t care for Avatar the movie, but FOP is such an amazing ride and Disney did an amazing job with Pandora. Especially at night.

In fairness I am probably their ideal client except I don’t have kids, 90s kid, love the princesses, love Toy Story, love Marvel, love Star Wars. I’m less into the new Pixar movies - although Coco was amazing. I think I am most excited for Hyperspace Lounge - even though I could take or leave Oga’s. Hyperspace Lounge at least has seats 🤣

I have liked most of what I've seen so far on the Wish, but this is underwhelming. It reminds me of the family ride at Typhoon Lagoon with the long ascent, except you don't have actual scenery to look at, only cartoons. And the "slide" part is much shorter.

So I hate coasters and rides really and wont do the Aquadunk or Aquaduck but this looks doable to me and that's saying something! Honestly not sure what I expected but def not this its just a cartoon on a screen and then what appears to be a very small (both length and drop depth) slide. Am I missing something?

It's fine for what it is. Would I have liked a bit more? Sure. I think my biggest complaint is it looks like the videos play on the screens before you can even see them. They need to make a better use for all the screens in the lift.

Is lame too harsh of a word for that? The whole ship seems a little underwhelming.

Agreed. I’m waiting to see more complete videos of the ship and activities but I thought I’d be super jealous of missing out since I don’t have a cruise on the Wish booked but so far I’m not. There are things that I think are neat like the frozen restaurant (although not a fan of the menu but my tastebuds are equivalent to a small child’s lol) and the stateroom decor looks pretty but there is nothing that has me super excited that I feel I need to go on the ship. But, I do think that could change once I see full videos of people doing different experiences or activities on the ship.

Oof. I get claustrophobic but I was fine on AQUA duck because the dark/fully enclosed was so quick. I don't know if I can handle this one.
Same, I tend to freak out in the enclosed "tube". I almost had a panic attack at Typhoon Lagoon a few years ago. Never bothered me as a kid, but now I can't do it. :sad2:

It's about what I expected. I always did a bit of an eye roll when marketing would say it was an attraction, because it was obvious it was a water slide on a raft, with some monitors showing cartoons. I think it looks fun for what it is.

I personally love the heavy Disney theming on this ship, even though I love the classic look of the other ships too. I was particularly impressed by most areas of the kids clubs. There are parts of that area and around the ship that feel like you are in a Disney park, which is really cool. And I think they balanced it well with trying to maintain a sense of the more upscale classy feel of the ship.

I do think Disney could do much better on the innovation side. This is the company famous for Imagineering. Where are the unique experiences we can't get anywhere else? On the other hand, the more I watch videos, the more I want to try sailing the Wish, and we don't have young kids and don't get overly excited in characters or even everything Disney. In fact, when the first renderings were released, I thought it looked like a great ship for families with young kids, but didn't think we would be interested. Seeing the final product has changed my mind, even if I have to tolerate some loud dinner shows, which don't really float my boat.

Watching a VLOG this afternoon and the individual stated that there were special effects on the ramp up launch area that were not working properly so nobody was able to see those. Those that have gone on it have said it's fun but interested to see what it looks like with additional effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter