April 29, 2007 Disney Wonder-Who's going to be there??

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
We just got off the July 20th 3 night wonder cruise, our first and loved it. we rebooked onboard for may, but had to change it due to work.

We are now sailing on the 4 night April 29th Disney Wonder Cruise!! :cool1: :cool1:

Anyone else going to be with us??

It's so good to see someone else going on the April 29th Wonder. Can't wait - this will be our first cruise ever, and we've been planning this for about 9 months already! It will be me, DH, and DS (4 - will be 5 yrs by then). We're doing the Land / Sea version, so we'll have loads of fun, I'm sure. DS has only been to Disneyland and this will be quite an experience for him to remember!

Leslie pixiedust:
:smickey:

Bumping up again - did I lose you, Disneyfun? Anyone else coming along?

Disnygirl55

didnt lose me!! I will be there. We have our trip almost paid in full now. should be paid off in the next couple of weeks!! Only waiting on 2 more passports to arrive in the mail as well and then we will all have them. this will be fun!!

You're way ahead of me - we won't have our deposit paid until January and just sent off for passports about two weeks ago. Hmmmm..... a little less than 8 months to go. We're doing land and sea, so will be stopping for a few days at WDW beforehand at Shades of Green and then Grand Floridian :cheer2: . Can't wait!
Disnygirl55

This will be our second Disney cruise! Ther will be Mom and Dad (Doris and Matthew) and 5 year old son Noah - we look forward to hearing from you. Also with us will my my parents - Elizabeth and Dennis - I certainly hope that there will be PIRATES among us!

Welcome Doris, Matthew, Noah and folks!

Oh my goodness. Just can't wait - a little more than 6 months now. My thoughts are more on the DisneyWorld portion of the trip at present. Nearly at 180 days, and have to think about the special things we'd like to do that take reservations this far in advance. I'm thinking La Nouba (never been), or Victoria and Albert's (wonderful! We've done this before, but maybe we'd like to try the Chef's table in the kitchen??? - of course we'd drop DS off at the kids' program at Grand Floridian - I don't think V & A's would be his cup of tea), or the Breathless Illuminations Cruise (also marvelous, but wouldn't mind repeating).

This will be DS's first trip to WDW, although he's been to Disneyland twice. How about Noah? Do you think he's going to enjoy Oceaneer's Club? Our little Michael is very social, so I think we probably won't see him much. It's got to be more fun to hang out with kids his own age rather than Mom and Dad.

Is this your first cruise? So glad to meet you!

Leslie

Sorry, just re-read your post, Oliver. I see that it's your second Disney cruise. Any particular words of wisdom? There will definitely be one little pirate among us, and hopefully two adult pirates, also. I always have grand ideas for things like that, but time seems to go so quickly. DS is going to be a pirate for Halloween, so we're killing two birds with one stone! :rotfl:

Leslie

We are as excited about this cruise as we were for the first one! - Perhaps more as we now know the ropes and can now make a more educated guess as to how we would like to spend our tome. Noah LOVED the Oceaneer club and we were hard pressed to keep him out of there! It worked out really well as we anded up eating at Palo 3 times! I'm happy to share whatever I can if it would be of help! I strongly recommend you get magnetic door signs made - and be sure that you list your first names and the cabin number - that way they won't be inclined to "go for a walk" to someone elses door!

I'll also be posting a seperate item about flyfishing for bonefish whilst in Nassau - I hope there will someone else who would like to join me.

Cheers! pirate:

Here I sit planning for the second cruise on the Wonder! I really enjoy to fly fishing and on the day in Nassau a - well - such an opportunity for a half day flyfishing for bonefish is at hand!

http://fishinthebahamas.com/bone_fishing.html

If anyone would like to join me and split the guide fee you would be most welcome! I have heard great things about Simon, all equipment provided!

Do let me know,

Thanks!

Been a while since anyone posted on this, we are getting closer!! Anyone else going to join us??

My Husband and I are going--this is our first ever cruise and I cannot wait. We just applied for our Passports but should have plenty of time.
I am not sure what to expect..never having been on a cuise. I have no doubt that it will be fantastic, Done the Disney way!
If anyone has taken this before, I would like to know the best things to do while in the Bahamas and on Castaway Cay. I want to snorkel, but I also want to go to Atlantis. Has anyone been there? :banana:

this is our second disney cruise, having done our first in july 06. this time we are bringing the kids along-though it was fun without them!!

in nassau, we just walked around and looked in the shops. make sure to go to the shopping show the ship offers before it sails on the first day. very informative, and the book they sell is worth the money. i think it was $20, you dont have to buy it-but we got all kinds of things for free or along with purchases. it was worth it.

at CC, we did the snorkling. it was great. we did it first thing off the ship and it was not crowded. later we saw the beach was very crowded, so im glad we did it early. buy a waterproof camera to take pictures of the mickey under water!

we also did the wave runners. it was definately worth the money and it was a blast. you get to go a ways from the island. it was fun!

any questions, just ask!!

Hello fellow cruisers!

Disneyfun, you mentioned you were bringing children. What are their ages? Sounds like Oliver and I will both have five year old boys, so I'm sure they'll be in the same group at Oceaneer's Club. I also think it'll be tough to drag him out of there. He's a bit of a social butterfly.

Sunday is 105 days out, and we are able to book Palo, spa, excursions, etc. since we're in Cat. 3. I've been waiting for this forever! It's a long cold winter here in Wyoming, so this will be such a treat to head to the sun in April!

Having trouble deciding exactly what to do in Nassau. I think we'll take a cab over to the Atlantis resort and check it out. DS is still too young to go on their water slides, so although we were tempted, we're not going to do the "get a room" thing. We may stroll around the shops, but I absolutely hate haggling and getting hit up by vendors, so I doubt we'll do that for long. Any tips from past cruisers?

Welcome all and can't wait to meet you!

Leslie

I have another question, I an trying to decide if I should purchase an underwater case for my digital camera which I know takes good pictures or if I should just buy the Underwater cameras that they sell. I am pretty picky when it comes to my pictures (as I am an avid scrapbooker) and I am not sure how the pictures from the disposable cameras will come out.

Has anyone used the disposable underwater cameras?

Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. Our family of 4 will be on the cruise. It is myself, DH and ds (Robbie) and dd (Madison) who are age 5. They love to cruise and are the big cruisers of the family. This will be our 3rd disney cruise. We have never been on the 4 day before, our other 2 were Westerns on the magic, but we could not fit in a week this time.

Right now I am planning on getting a room at the comfort inn in Nassau so that we can go over to Atlantis. I was looking at the web site and there are some water play areas and smaller slides for the younger kids. The Dig also looks interesting. I am basically trying to water play them out before we go to WDW, since I cannot get them away from the pool to go to the parks when we are there.

M.T. Lott - I have had the whole gamit of water cameras. If you want to buy a water camera I would suggest the Pentax, it goes to under 15 feet. Our only problem was we dropped it the 1st time we used it and it the LCD on the back cracked, so I have been a little afraid to take it under water. On our last trip I bought an underwater housing. Those seem to be almost the same as buying a water proof camera as far a cost goes, since we ended up having to buy a camera that had a water proof houseing available. The problem is we had to lug it around and they are bulky. The pictures are pretty much the same for the underwater housing and the Pentax. If you are only going to take a few pictures snorkling, I think I would go with the disposable underwater camera. Otherwise I would suggest the pentax optio.
Sorry, that was kind of a round about answer...:wizard:

Looks like the boat will be filled with five year olds. LOL! :rotfl2:

HLester - now you make me rethink the room at the Atlantis or the other (Days Inn? Comfort Inn? - I can never remember). If you think your five year olds would enjoy it, maybe ours would, also.

DH is back tomorrow from a 4 1/2 month stint in Qatar. We'll need to talk about exactly what we want to do in Nassau. Planning is at LEAST half the fun!

Did anyone notice that the Magic is leaving the same day for an Eastern cruise? I wonder how that works - anyone have any idea? Do they have two docks? I always thought one left and the other came in a day or so after. Hmmm.....

This will be the second cruise for my wife and I. We went on the 3 day for the first time ever in july and loved it!!

This time, we are bringing the kids with us. It will be my boys aged 16 & 14, and her girls aged 15 & 11. The 3 oldest ones are looking forward to the teen club, and youngest is looking forward to the kids club for her age.

We are going to wdw the day before the cruise, then the cruise, then to wdw again from thurs to sat afternoon. Not a whole lot of time at the world, but a little is better than none.

if i read it correct, since we are past cruisers, we can book excursions and palo at 90 days out, which should be the end of the month in about 2 weeks. Not sure what we are booking yet, just palo one night, and probably tube and snorkel rentals for CC. We just walked around nassau last time and had fun just doing that. we made it back to the ship just before a downpour! It will be nice to show the kids nassau and see how others live. not sure if we will book anything there or not. would love to see atlantis, but dont want to spend a lot to just go and look at it.

Is anyone bringing pirate outfits for pirate night? we did last time but then ended up not wearing them due to going to palo that night.

any idea on the movies playing now there on board??

thanks. Cant wait to go!!

BTW-i just checked the disney cruise site and the eastern leaves the day prior, not the same day as we leave.

Should be a lot of fun with teenagers, Disneyfun1! Thanks for checking out the website - I didn't go that far, obviously. I just saw one of the Trip Meet threads was entitled "April 29, 2007 Eastern" - must have been a posting error.

I would like to do pirate costumes. DS5 (Michael) will definitely be dressed, but I don't know about DH and myself. Another one of those things we'll have to talk about once he's home.

Not sure how far out they'll have the movie listings for the time onboard, but I'm curious, also. If anyone knows when we can find out, that would be good information.

Anyone else planning on door signs? Verandahman makes such cool ones, I'm going to get some inspiration from his, but I haven't even started yet.

Hope this next three months goes quickly!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter