April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Slept in this morning, so a little late here!

Woohoo-I found those coffee Yasso bars (thanks, PollyannaMom!) and they are really good! I don’t drink any kind of coffee drinks but I love coffee ice cream.

Woohoo-my grandson is out of quarantine and back to school today. We loved having him here Monday and Tuesday, but he loves being in school and missed being out these past two weeks.

Woohoo-it’s like summer today-getting out for a walk soon!

I am woohooing DD's ability to argue her point. She really needs to be a lawyer I think. She really wants a dog. She put together a color coded schedule for the dog, her arguments against our points not to get a dog and how much it would cost. She did research and everything. Though her cost was way off. She wasn't thinking about vets and a few other things. She just looked at the cost for food, toys/bedding, leash and food/water bowls. DH and I do not want a dog but part of us wants to get her a dog. We told her we would look over what she gave us and consider it but the answer most likely will not change.
I am impressed.

Not very woohoo-y this morning. Was up all night with a project deployment that didn't go well and had to be rolled back. I don't think I've ever done an all nighter before and my body does not like it. Kind of reminds me of taking the red-eye to WDW and not getting early check-in, so spending most of the day wandering around like a zombie. I am planning that we will figure out the issue this morning and that I'll be able to sign-off midday and get some sleep... before we do it all again tonight.

It is sunshiny outside this morning, that's nice.

Oh, here's a late breaking woohoo (because evidently I didn't press reply when I finished this an hour ago)... yesterday one of the biz folks on the other project I'm working pinged about getting visibility into our tech goals, milestones, expectations etc, which I thought was kind of invasive but I also know I should have more of that detail in my weekly status reports so I (begrudgingly) told him I would put a view together but my partner in the product team (the bridge between biz and tech) said don't bother, she's pushing back to get them to stop trying to micromanage --- woohoo!

Not very woohoo-y this morning. Was up all night with a project deployment that didn't go well and had to be rolled back. I don't think I've ever done an all nighter before and my body does not like it. Kind of reminds me of taking the red-eye to WDW and not getting early check-in, so spending most of the day wandering around like a zombie. I am planning that we will figure out the issue this morning and that I'll be able to sign-off midday and get some sleep... before we do it all again tonight.

It is sunshiny outside this morning, that's nice.

Oh, here's a late breaking woohoo (because evidently I didn't press reply when I finished this an hour ago)... yesterday one of the biz folks on the other project I'm working pinged about getting visibility into our tech goals, milestones, expectations etc, which I thought was kind of invasive but I also know I should have more of that detail in my weekly status reports so I (begrudgingly) told him I would put a view together but my partner in the product team (the bridge between biz and tech) said don't bother, she's pushing back to get them to stop trying to micromanage --- woohoo!
:hug:

Grateful for my darling son in law-we’re the big football fans in the family and will be texting each other throughout the NFL draft tomorrow night-it’s such a fun connection.

Grateful my grandson is back in school and playing baseball again. But also grateful for the time spent with him these past couple days. He is good company.

Grateful my walking trail is mostly shade on these warm days-walking 2 miles in full sun would have killed me today!

F29E63ED-6BF1-42CF-8C33-94B034A115D1.jpeg

I’m grateful for spring! It’s really lifting my spirits. The warmer weather. The birds chirping. Baseball & lacrosse games. Green grass & flowers. All make me so happy!

I’m grateful for my family being so close. We were the first to move to this area of PA. And now my whole family has moved here.

I’m grateful that I get to stay in kindergarten next year. There seems to be a lot of movement happening in my building and many upset feelings.

I’m grateful my body is keeping up with the workouts and runs that I’ve been doing.

Grateful for my darling son in law-we’re the big football fans in the family and will be texting each other throughout the NFL draft tomorrow night-it’s such a fun connection.

It has been crazy here with the draft in Cleveland. My boss gets to go tonight. He got a ticket through the Browns because we hand a college scholarship that they give out. I am sure they will show Terminal Tower tonight. They will be lighting it up in each teams colors when on the clock. I will see if I can find a picture. They had the Browns colors last night.

Grateful my grandson is back in school and playing baseball again. But also grateful for the time spent with him these past couple days. He is good company.

Grateful my walking trail is mostly shade on these warm days-walking 2 miles in full sun would have killed me today!

View attachment 571196
Lovely!

Thankful that we only seem to have broken one thing with our deployment last night... sounds kind of counterintuitive but really isn't a bad thing at all. There is something else we need to tweek, but overall it is looking good.

Thankful I got to sleep thru most of the night last night, only had to be working for a short period of time at 11pm and 3am. So I feel human today.

Thankful for continued springy weather.

Thankful to be getting my second shot tomorrow. Need to run to the grocery store tonight and get Tylenol and Pedialyte and anything else I can think of for feeling post-shot crappy Saturday.

I am thankful that DD got her second dose of Pfizer after school today. The nurse, who was quite handsome, giving her the vaccination flirted with her. Apparently he lingered a little too long rubbing the alcohol on her arm before the shot, lol.

I'm thankful that my family has remained healthy and Covid-free all this time. Yet another case popped up in my school yesterday. With so much availability for the vaccine in my area, I'm surprised that we still have so many active cases. People are clearly choosing not to get the vaccine.

I am thankful that although I'm in constant head and mouth pain because of my cracked tooth, Advil is taking the edge off. I hope to get this taken care of sooner than later after my consultation on Monday afternoon. Hopefully it won't take too long to get an appointment with the oral surgeon.

I am thankful for all the buds on the trees and the spring flowers blooming all around me.

I am thankful that DD got her second dose of Pfizer after school today. The nurse, who was quite handsome, giving her the vaccination flirted with her. Apparently he lingered a little too long rubbing the alcohol on her arm before the shot, lol.

I'm thankful that my family has remained healthy and Covid-free all this time. Yet another case popped up in my school yesterday. With so much availability for the vaccine in my area, I'm surprised that we still have so many active cases. People are clearly choosing not to get the vaccine.

I am thankful that although I'm in constant head and mouth pain because of my cracked tooth, Advil is taking the edge off. I hope to get this taken care of sooner than later after my consultation on Monday afternoon. Hopefully it won't take too long to get an appointment with the oral surgeon.

I am thankful for all the buds on the trees and the spring flowers blooming all around me.
Very good news about your daughter-and glad you’re not in pain anymore. You’re seeing the younger dentist, right?

DD has been in a good mood for 2 days now. I like seeing her happy. My crazy week at work is almost over. It will be quieter the next few weeks before getting crazy again.

I was bummed last night they didn't show Tower City for each team. I did fall asleep at about 9:30 though. It was a good night for Cleveland. Though I cringed at how close people were and that everyone was touching the helmets they have on display. I just kept thinking about how many germs were on those. I think the pandemic has turned me into a germaphobe.

In case anyone besides me needs to see this right now-apparently I misread the numbers on the scale on my last weigh in by 5lbs! Sigh.
Determined to stay on track and just keep plugging along until I get back to goal weight. I’d like to go to WW meetings again so might check the website to see if they’re open again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!