April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Today has been a disaster. I feel like ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY.
I double mask with a pretty Lilly Pulitzer cloth mask over a disposable one. I was fiddling with it and dropped it on my dirty classroom floor.
My glasses fell off my face almost into the school toilet and landed on the dirty bathroom floor.
It took one hour in a non-socially distanced setting for my students to take class photos. I didn’t feel safe the entire time.
Distance student parents are mad they weren’t included in class photos.
I have to take a test that I already know I will not do well in.
Signing into our new math program isn’t working and I have a short deadline to meet.
I have such a huge headache, I believe that my head will explode.
If I hear someone call my name one more time, I am moving to Australia. (Teachers will get this reference.)

I am so sorry you are having a rough. Take some deep breaths. You will get through it. The school day is almost over.

Today has been a disaster. I feel like ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY.
I double mask with a pretty Lilly Pulitzer cloth mask over a disposable one. I was fiddling with it and dropped it on my dirty classroom floor.
My glasses fell off my face almost into the school toilet and landed on the dirty bathroom floor.
It took one hour in a non-socially distanced setting for my students to take class photos. I didn’t feel safe the entire time.
Signing into our new math program isn’t working and I have a short deadline to meet.
If I hear someone call my name one more time, I am moving to Australia. (Teachers will get this reference.)
Sorry for your rough day! :hug:
But love your literary reference!

Topic Tuesday ~ Hits & Misses

What are some of your favorite healthy swaps for foods you've cut down on, and which ones just didn't cut it?
I can do spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti as long as I have turkey meatballs too! I struggled more with cauliflower rice. So I use brown rice. But I got another bags of cauliflower rice to give it a third try.

During the pandemic, we started having eggs, potatoes, & bacon/sausage on Sundays during virtual church. I’ve since switched to 2 scrambled eggs and apple slices w/pb. And I’m just as happy and feel like it’s just as much of a treat! (I normally just have 2 hardboiled & my shake for breakfast).

I also used to make bags of microwave buttered popcorn for a night time snack. No I get the small single serve snack bags of Skinny Pop. It’s been a great nighttime snack and the portion size is controlled for me!

I tried turkey burgers, but it didn’t seem worth it to me. I’d rather just have a grilled chicken breast sandwich if others are having burgers.

Hope tomorrow is a much better day!

I can do spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti as long as I have turkey meatballs too! I struggled more with cauliflower rice. So I use brown rice. But I got another bags of cauliflower rice to give it a third try.

During the pandemic, we started having eggs, potatoes, & bacon/sausage on Sundays during virtual church. I’ve since switched to 2 scrambled eggs and apple slices w/pb. And I’m just as happy and feel like it’s just as much of a treat! (I normally just have 2 hardboiled & my shake for breakfast).

I also used to make bags of microwave buttered popcorn for a night time snack. No I get the small single serve snack bags of Skinny Pop. It’s been a great nighttime snack and the portion size is controlled for me!

I tried turkey burgers, but it didn’t seem worth it to me. I’d rather just have a grilled chicken breast sandwich if others are having burgers.
Yes, single portions of popcorn because I am bad with portion control. I had to try several brands of cauliflower rice before I found one I liked-I buy Birds Eye or the fresh options from the vegetable department.

White Claw is my hero in place of a beer 😁

Cottage cheese w strawberries & a sprinkle of chocolate chips for sweet treat in eve—- not going to say ice cream bc it’s def not but it does the job 👌

***pineapple juice is the key to green smoothies!
Daily recipe- one can pineapple mango juice- one cup spinach- half cup carrots- half cup Greek yogurt -few strawberries & scoop vanilla protein powder w ice 💚 love em.

Thank you to everyone who supported me yesterday. I just wanted the day to end, and it did with a good night's sleep.:grouphug:You are the best support system a girl could ask for.

WOOHOO!!!

Mute button Wednesday!!! (AKA remote learning Wednesday). The Bickerson's won't be able to bicker. No tattletaling. No whining. No humming. No ridiculous sound effects. No tapping or banging on their desks. They won't be able to scream my name over and over and over again until I am forced to book a flight to Sidney, Australia!

I am getting my second vaccine on Friday! WOOT WOOT!!!

DD is eligible tomorrow, however with such a LARGE section of the population being opened up, I have no idea how the appointment-making process will go for her. I may not have my connection to get her an expedited appointment anymore since the hospital doing them is putting appointments on hold as they plan to manage the huge numbers. So, her back-up plan is to register after midnight tonite and keep at it into the wee hours of the morning until she gets an appointment. It is still a WOOHOO since she originally wasn't eligible until May.

On April 17th, I am getting my hair cut and colored...the first time since February 2020! She will be cutting off about one foot of hair 1/2 dirty blonde and 1/2 highlighted blonde. A few stray white hairs have popped up near my ears. It took a pandemic for me to start going gray. (My father didn't go gray until his 70's). Anyway, I'm going with a cute bob and very light blonde color. I CAN'T WAIT TO LOOK LIKE A NORMAL PERSON AGAIN! I also can't wait to catch up with my hair stylist. They always book a double appointment for me because of the sheer volume of my hair, but I don't know if 4 hours will even be enough time for she and I to talk about everything, but we will try our best.

I have lost 16 pounds in 2021, averaging just over 5 pounds a month! Hoping that my side affects post vaccine don't lead me to making stupid choices, but unfortunately, I find comfort in food. And then there's Easter...UGH. If that happens, I know that I will bounce back.

On April 17th, I am getting my hair cut and colored...the first time since February 2020!

YAY!! Best feeling ever to finally be able to get your hair done. I go Tuesday. I haven't had my hair done since January 2020. My hair is to my mid back. Thankfully in January 2020 I decided to cut it short. Well short for (shoulder length). If not my hair might be down to m butt by now. I too have grey hair that has popped up. I am got the good genes here. My mom and sister started going grey at 18 and my dad was early on too. So being almost 42 with very little grey isn't too bad.

I am woohooing........I am not sure today. It has been low key lately and no weight loss. I am going to start back with more intense workouts today and start to get back to normal after having my 2nd shot. I did get to talk to my mom last night for a bit. We are planning a get together in May instead of at Easter. In May everyone but the kids will be vaccinated or should be. My brother and sister in law are the only ones that need to start. The rest are either done or have had 1 dose. My brother though needs to talk to his heart doctor first. He was born with Transposition of the great arteries. Basically the main arteries worked backwards and he had surgery as a baby to correct it. So he just wants to make sure it is ok for him to get it. Though he did have COVID in October.

DD told me the other day that she wants to go to Rhode Island in the summer. So to keep her busy I had her plan a trip. I did tell her that we most likely will not go this summer but might be a trip well take when we feel comfortable traveling again. She did such a good job at it. She color coded her paper with the place, price, length of time and now she is looking for restaurants. We will also go to places in Ma. as well. DH got into it as well. So we may actually do this trip. It includes Boston. A trip that I have planned out many years ago but we have never gone. DD has something for everyone on this trip too. I can't wait to travel.

I know a woohoo. I am so excited to hear that Pfizer looks to have approval for 12-15 year old this summer to have then vaccinated before the school year. I have been waiting to hear this news. Both kids will be in this group.

Woohoo I am vaccine eligible as of today... but of course there are no appointments available. I forgot to get up at midnight to start looking, but when I did start at 7am most of the sites hadn't even updated the eligibility criteria for the new phase so I don't think I missed much.

Well, woohoo afterall. I started writing this at 8am, but stopped for a couple meetings (all the work stuff). I've kept the site up and refreshed several times and a Walgreens close by came up with an appointment for Friday, so I'm in the club! I was also able to book appointment #2.

Also woohoo... there's some beautiful weather going on outside and sunrise is now back to being early enough that it is light outside again for my morning "commute".

Woohoo... I did get started on the party cleaning yesterday and have done a few things this morning as well. It really isn't that bad, just lots of little stuff to do. I was thinking I wouldn't bother trying to finish painting the office before Sunday, but now I am kind of in the mood to do it.

Last edited:
What a lot of awesome woohoos this week! There’s something about you or a loved one getting vaccinated that just lifts a very large weight off one’s mind. And planning the trip is a big part of the fun! We’re thinking of a family trip to California next summer-and I put the Truro Hotel in my notes for that trip to New England we want to take one day!

My big Woohoo is we’re here at the beach for Easter break-my daughter and family arrive tomorrow. I packed plenty of food and snacks. I’m determined not to over indulge but will eat every point I have coming to me!

Hope everyone has a short week-and enjoy those haircuts!

I’m thankful it’s Thursday, which is like Friday this week. I’m grateful for the 4 day weekend (it’s all we get in terms of a spring break, but I’ll take it!) I’m grateful my husband gets his second shot today. And it’s going to sound silly, but I’m grateful it’s raining this morning and NOT snowing! There was some talk of snow and I couldn’t even handle the thought of that. So yay for the rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter