April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!

Welcome to the April 2021 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Challenge - Spring into Spring

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! So hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday &
Self-Care Sunday.

This month's hosts:
3/29 - 4/4: PollyannaMom
4/5 - 4/11: MickeyMom76
4:12 - 4/18: Summer2018
4/19 - 4/25: Oneanne
4/26 - 5/2: sjrec

Last edited:
Intro:
Nicole, 50, in southeastern Massachusetts
Living with...DH, DS(20) and two cats
Working as...a homeschool teacher to five-year-old twins

April Goals:
Learn low-carb cooking! (DH has recently been diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes.)
Continue with previous goals (walking most evenings and drinking enough water.)

Intro:
Summer, 56, in Connecticut, one hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH, DD (23)
Working as...a Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school
Favorite place...seashore
Hobbies...Art, singing, reading

April Goals:

Stay motivated; walk daily; high protein, low carb; keep my eye on the prize.

Intro

Sandy, retired and living in south central PA, but spending more time at our home in Ocean City, Md.

Goals

Continue tracking meals, walking at least 5 days a week, and drinking water at meals. The end goal being to lose those 6lbs I gained over the winter (it was 8lbs but I have lost 2lbs since February).

I’m Cristin, 44, wife, mother of teen boy/girl twins, kindergarten teacher from southeastern PA.

My goal is to continue losing the pandemic weight that I gained. I’d like to list 5 pounds this month! I think it’s an ambitious goal, but I like to push myself. Towork towards this goal, I will:
- Workout each morning (#mbfa on Beachbody)
- Meal plan and prep each weekend
- Drink at least 80 oz of water each day
- try to get outside for fresh air and walks t least 3 days a week
- get 7-8 hours of sleep each night

I can take Apr 5-11

View attachment 565669

Welcome to the April 2021 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Challenge - Spring into Spring

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! So hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday &
Self-Care Sunday.

This month's hosts:
3/29 - 4/4: PollyannaMom
4/5 - 4/11:
4:12 - 4/18: Summer2018
4/19 - 4/25:
4/26 - 5/2:
I can take 4/5 - 11.

Intro:

Lizanne... 64 year old singleton
Living in... Seattle, with my two furry little monsters, Ester and Pippa.
Working as... a Technical Program Manager
Favorite place... I guess I would have to say around water with a view of the mountains, but I've done around 45 trips to WDW? kind of lost count. Next trip is in September which I'm getting excited about.

Goals for April: less sugar more protein, less sitting more walking, less mess more sparkle and shine. I'd like to drop 5 pounds and intend to start having the house professionally cleaned this month.

Intro:

Stephanie, Married with 2 kids (DD 13 and DS will be 15 next week)

We live in Northeast Ohio where we were having nice weather but Winter decided to come back. We are supposed to get snow this week.

I work as a manager of Financial Aid at a company that gives out many college scholarships and help all students (kids and adults) with the college going process. I work with all the scholarships and the students that receive them.

My goals this month is to continue to lose weight. I am going to keep with the 2 pounds for the month. I will do this by walking on the treadmill and also outside. I will continue with doing a 5k each month. I really like doing them, though I am slow.

I will be heading back to the office at some point soon. I am not looking forward to this. It will throw off the routine I have gotten myself on. I don't know when this will be yet but looks like at some point in May. My understanding is that it will be part time in the office at first. I just want to be work from home and not have to go back in. I have saved so much time and money. I am really not looking to pay for parking again.

When I have that chip craving, I actually like the baked varieties. We love turkey burgers. Which is probably our biggest change over these years-we rarely eat beef anymore. And when we do, I don’t feel guilty buying filet mignon or a small beef tenderloin because we eat it so rarely and it’s still cheaper than dinner at a Ruby Tuesday’s!
A bust for me has been trying substitutes for pasta-zoodles, spaghetti squash, vegetable pastas. Yuk. I eat whole grain and just measure it out. But we like cauliflower rice. That’s been a great swap in a lot of my recipes.

The only substitution I've recently made is getting an unsweetened green iced tea at SB, instead of my iced chai. It has been largely successful and reduces sugar and dairy... but I am having a chai this morning.

A substitution that I consider a bust would be trying gluten-free. The alternatives in baked goods can be just as bad, and usually include high amounts of sugar.

Yesterday I asked my Sister about what she was doing for Easter, thinking I wouldn't mind a drive to her place to maybe get brunch somewhere, but they are coming this direction to have dinner with some of her girlfriend's friends so now I am hosting a brunch Sunday morning... I think I did something wrong there! Now I have to clean house, which of course at this point feels overwhelming. I'll start plugging away at it tonight... small steps.

Last edited:
1. Cabbage as a meat substitute for meatloaf. Dear God the gas pains were with me for days.
2. Anything green in a fruit smoothie. Cannot do it.
3. Brown rice. Nope.
4. Whole grain bread, pasta, etc. I would rather have no bread or pasta. Forget spaghetti squash or any of those other popular grains.

I stick with whole foods as much as possible, organic when available, dark chocolate over milk chocolate. I buy the healthiest options that actually taste good. If I don’t like them, it’s a waste of hard-earned money. I swear by my Iconic protein shakes and Aloha protein bars. I cut out the sweets Monday-Thursday. I will not give up half’n’half or real raw sugar in my coffee. Taste is everything to me. Without it, what’s the point?

Today has been a disaster. I feel like ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY.
I double mask with a pretty Lilly Pulitzer cloth mask over a disposable one. I was fiddling with it and dropped it on my dirty classroom floor.
My glasses fell off my face almost into the school toilet and landed on the dirty bathroom floor.
It took one hour in a non-socially distanced setting for my students to take class photos. I didn’t feel safe the entire time.
Distance student parents are mad they weren’t included in class photos.
I have to take a test that I already know I will not do well in.
Signing into our new math program isn’t working and I have a short deadline to meet.
I have such a huge headache, I believe that my head will explode.
If I hear someone call my name one more time, I am moving to Australia. (Teachers will get this reference.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter