*April 2019 - Check in*

Well I've upgraded our tickets to 4 days, we switched hotels to the FFI and I think we've settled on Blue Bayou for the girl's birthday dinner, a meal at LampLight Lounge, Plaza Inn Character Breakfast and my husband and I might sneak away for a just us meal at Carthay Circle. My FIL is traveling with us and my parents will be there for part of it, so we have no excuse to not leave the girl to get spoiled by her grandparents while we enjoy some time to ourselves :)

Well I've upgraded our tickets to 4 days, we switched hotels to the FFI and I think we've settled on Blue Bayou for the girl's birthday dinner, a meal at LampLight Lounge, Plaza Inn Character Breakfast and my husband and I might sneak away for a just us meal at Carthay Circle. My FIL is traveling with us and my parents will be there for part of it, so we have no excuse to not leave the girl to get spoiled by her grandparents while we enjoy some time to ourselves :)
Sounds amazing! I love Blue Bayou. And the dinner with your DH sounds like a nice treat!

My son (3) and I will be going 4/9-4/11 for a Mommy and me trip. Staying at Hojo. 1st time in over 17 years not staying on property. Should be fine for a few days. Hoping the walk and the Harbor side of security won't make me regret my decision.

Our plans are Carsland-centric. But Mama needs a corndog from the Red Wagon on the first day.

Okay and now I am HAPPY DANCING because I made our first dining reservation! Plaza Inn breakfast on our first day in the parks. I made it for 10AM... I'm thinking that'll give us enough time to get in and wander around for a bit and then we can sit down for breakfast!

Both the Disneyland Dining and Attractions pages have been down for quite some time this afternoon. I managed to snag some Lunch reservations for the Lamplight Lounge on 4/8 before the site went offline. I hope this means that they're busy loading the site up with all the wonderful things I'm going to do during my trip.

EDIT: It seems to be back up and everything is the same. Oh well... Lol.

Last edited:
We are staying at the GCH for Dapper Day! April 13th-17th. I can't believe we were able to get such a good deal on the hotel rate by being a part of the DD group block of room-- Needless to say, this will be a once in a lifetime trip for us! Quick question for the California Natives or anyone who goes during that time every year--what is the weather like? I know the weather in CA is practically perfect almost any time of year but we're from the Midwest, it'll still be pretty chilly during that time..so I was wondering if jeans would be too much or if you're all sporting shorts by that time?

We are staying at the GCH for Dapper Day! April 13th-17th. I can't believe we were able to get such a good deal on the hotel rate by being a part of the DD group block of room-- Needless to say, this will be a once in a lifetime trip for us! Quick question for the California Natives or anyone who goes during that time every year--what is the weather like? I know the weather in CA is practically perfect almost any time of year but we're from the Midwest, it'll still be pretty chilly during that time..so I was wondering if jeans would be too much or if you're all sporting shorts by that time?

I'll add you to our list!

I went to DLR during this exact time frame for Dapper Days last year. It was pretty mild weather -- highs in the mid/high 60s to low 70s. We had a few mornings of light rain, but it was very scattered showers (it was kind of fun too!). I wore a light sweatshirt most of the time.

I'll add you to our list!

I went to DLR during this exact time frame for Dapper Days last year. It was pretty mild weather -- highs in the mid/high 60s to low 70s. We had a few mornings of light rain, but it was very scattered showers (it was kind of fun too!). I wore a light sweatshirt most of the time.

Thanks so much. Sounds like perfect weather as usual! :) I'm glad I found this discussion board site. We didn't have it for our last trip in Oct & so far this site has alerted us to Fantasmic coming back AND WOC. Disboard is my new secret weapon!

Count us in!! We will be staying at Homewood Suites March 31 - April 6 using my husband's racked up hotel points! It will be myself, hubby, DD (6) and DS (5). We last went to DL in Aug 2017 when we lived in Boston. Now we have moved to NorCal and have promised many trips to DL for our kids so I am very excited to surprise them with this!! I am sad they took away the Bug's Land though... my kids loved that section!

We have not been during the Food and Wine Festival so I'm interested to see what that's all about. I am thinking 4 park days and some Character Dining. We did Plaza Inn and Goofy's Kitchen last time. This time around I may spring for Max Pass. Let the planning begin!

I always log off Dis when I'm no planning a trip. It's to hard to see what I'm missing out on. BUT I'm here now...DH and I booked a trip down to SoCal April 5-9. We had just booked a trip to Vegas for March, so we needed this to be cheap to make it work as well. We found flights into LGB for $150RT, and are staying with family in Fountain Valley. Normally, I book several ADRs. I LOVE the F!BB package, but not for this time. This trip we are going to save all the extra food spending for the Food and Wine stands. I got to experience the very tail end of the Christmas one last year, and it was so fun! I look forward to hearing about all of your plans.

Count us in!! We will be staying at Homewood Suites March 31 - April 6 using my husband's racked up hotel points! It will be myself, hubby, DD (6) and DS (5). We last went to DL in Aug 2017 when we lived in Boston. Now we have moved to NorCal and have promised many trips to DL for our kids so I am very excited to surprise them with this!! I am sad they took away the Bug's Land though... my kids loved that section!

We have not been during the Food and Wine Festival so I'm interested to see what that's all about. I am thinking 4 park days and some Character Dining. We did Plaza Inn and Goofy's Kitchen last time. This time around I may spring for Max Pass. Let the planning begin!
I live in NorCal too! We usually take advantage of our Southwest points and fly from SMF to SNA, but this time we are going with my parents and they prefer not to fly. My mother also has some dietary restrictions so it'll be nice to be able to bring some of our own food items and drinks.

I always log off Dis when I'm no planning a trip. It's to hard to see what I'm missing out on. BUT I'm here now...DH and I booked a trip down to SoCal April 5-9. We had just booked a trip to Vegas for March, so we needed this to be cheap to make it work as well. We found flights into LGB for $150RT, and are staying with family in Fountain Valley. Normally, I book several ADRs. I LOVE the F!BB package, but not for this time. This trip we are going to save all the extra food spending for the Food and Wine stands. I got to experience the very tail end of the Christmas one last year, and it was so fun! I look forward to hearing about all of your plans.
I am soooo looking forward to Food & Wine! I wish they would release the menus so I can daydream about all the food I'm going to eat. :rotfl2:

I look forward to hearing about all of your plans.

Plans? Wellllll……..

To Uber/Lyft or not is still in the air.
We will be having a grocery delivery the day we get there. And that day we will not enter a park as we will be there sometime between 3 and 4.
Food and Wine! Right now it's the plan for every lunch or dinner for all five days of our passes. I too want to see the menus for this year. I keep looking at last years.
One night we have ressies for Napa Roses Chef Table for mom's birthday. It is just us two ladies on this trip.
I need to take pictures of some the Roastie Toasties and find at least a couple of Hidden Mickey's.
We have one full day of rest that will include, shopping in DTD and maybe taking advantage of what little things the Grand has to offer. Would love to do the tour, but right now our day off is planed for Wednesday and that is not a day that it is offered.

I'm debating doing a trip report. I used to do them for land based trips on TA. And another Disney site that was....well...I'm not on it any more and don't' think it's even around. Anyway, reason being is that we are unusual travelers. Our visits are not "ride intense".

45 days!!!!!

I'm debating doing a trip report. I used to do them for land based trips on TA. And another Disney site that was....well...I'm not on it any more and don't' think it's even around. Anyway, reason being is that we are unusual travelers. Our visits are not "ride intense".

45 days!!!!!
I like reading about how different people tour differently. We are rides people, but that's just one way to do Disney!

I like reading about how different people tour differently. We are rides people, but that's just one way to do Disney!

I love trip reports too Jaina. So thank you for doing them!

It looks like the first week in April is open for Blue Bayou Fantasmic. Of course I need the 7th and it is not available yet.

We booked two beverage tastings for Easter Weekend (last weekend of F&W). They converted the TBD for the Mixology sessions to Disney themed restaurants and bars. We will be doing the Trader Sam's class on April 20th and the Silverado Wines (RIP Ron Miller) on the 21st! We will book the WOC dessert party for Sunday as well when available.

I hope to see a few DISers there!
Mike

I'm so anxious for our dates to be on the Disneyland calendar, and see hours and refurbishments/entertainment! I have almost another month to wait, but for some of you, April should start showing up tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts