*April 2019 - Check in*

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by StarlitNight05, Jan 9, 2019.

1. StarlitNight05

StarlitNight05 DIS Veteran

I stayed at Paradise Pier ages ago and thought it was nice -- the rooms are very spacious. EMH is definitely an amazing perk for onsite hotels too, so take advantage if you can (especially at DCA, since 3+ day tickets can only get early entry for DL days).

wallawallakids likes this.
  2. cindyfan

cindyfan DIS Veteran

Just booked Paradise Pier for Dapper Days weekend! April 10-15. We are veteran World visitors, So excited for our first trip to the Land!

StarlitNight05 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MacMama0930

MacMama0930 I've Found My Laughing Place

Add me!
    April 3-7 staying in 2 bedroom suite at DLH!

Summer2018 and StarlitNight05 like this.
  5. StarlitNight05

Woohoo! Added you. Let us know how the suite is at DLH. I love that hotel, so charming!

Summer2018 likes this.
  6. AngM0680

AngM0680 Earning My Ears

We are staying April 10-16th at the DLH for Dance the Magic! My DD12 is super excited to dance in a parade down Main Street!

Summer2018 likes this.
  7. Speedracer5

Speedracer5 Earning My Ears

Are the refurbishments primarily finished by Spring Break? I know that with Star Wars opening within the next few months, the refurbishment schedule may be a little different than usual. I'm really hoping that Space Mountain will be open by the time we go. It was also closed the last time we went. I believe the Halloween overlay was being installed. I also hope that the castle is completed by then, but that's more for aesthetics and being able to access Fantasyland more easily. I usually only do the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough once during my trip. However, if Haunted Mansion is open, that will be sweet. It's been closed the last two times we went (to install the Halloween overlay). We'd like to go on it in its normal form.

Summer2018 likes this.
  8. StarlitNight05

Added you! I've never heard of the Dance the Magic -- sounds like a great program. How large is the group that performs?

9. StarlitNight05

Last year we also went during Spring Dapper days and they had finished the months long Splash Mountain refurb just in time for our trip. Just one example from last year though, as you said this year is a bit different since they are aiming to have refurbs complete by Galaxy's Edge. I've seen "Spring 2019" as reopen dates for F! and the castle refurb, so who knows what that means (could very well mean the last possible day of Spring). I also hope the castle is open in time for our trip since it sounds like it makes entry to FL a logistical issue, especially when rope dropping. I do *think* that Haunted Mansion will be open in April, barring any unforeseen refurb popping up. I love the classic haunted mansion so I'm also excited to experience that version again.

10. AngM0680

AngM0680 Earning My Ears

Not sure, this is our first year! They have events in Disneyland, DW, and New York. Our studio has 15-20 girls going and they are busy from 9-6 Saturday with training ect including the parade and about 1-5 Sunday including a performance on stage. I'd assume pretty large, and we were given discounted rates at DLH and PP along with discounted family tickets. I'm guessing between the dancers and dapper days that weekend will be pretty busy.

11. AJA55

AJA55 My very special Custom Title has gone away..sad.

OOOO didn't know that. Thanks! About the Sip & Savor pass!

12. MikeRx

MikeRx DIS Veteran

Easter Weekend for us: April 19-22. Villas Grand Californian. Putting our points to work...:) We hope to take part in at least one of the Food and Wine events too.

Mike

13. Jaina

Jaina Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.

I am so curious to find out what will be closed/open for our dates (Apr 29-May 1). Please let BTMR and Guardians be open!! There is just no telling at this point, but I'm going to be stalking the news pages and probably the rumor mills...

StarlitNight05 and Laurajland like this.
  14. StarlitNight05

I know how you feel! I would be CRUSHED if Guardians is closed when we go too. Let us know if you hear of any rumors on closures -- I am keeping my eyes peeled for those too.

15. StarlitNight05

Ooo, so speaking of rumors and/or speculation :scratchin --

I was just checking the Daily Events Schedule so I could see the most recent day (March 8) and what refurbs are being listed. Looks like the Sailing Ship Columbia is off of the refurb list starting March 8th! This makes me hopeful that Fantasmic! will be up and running for our April trips... I know they were doing some maintenance on the show aspects as well, but having the Columbia available is definitely a good sign!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2019-03-08/

ETA: The schedule is now showing a 9pm and 10:30pm Fantasmic! for March 8th!!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Jaina likes this.
  16. wareagle57

wareagle57 DIS Veteran

Checking in for our Honeymoon at the Grand Californian on April 14. We'll be there til the 17th then switching to cheaper accommodations for the rest of the trip through the 22nd. I will be my fiancé's first time at Disneyland and my first time on property. So excited.

Summer2018 and StarlitNight05 like this.
  17. Malroy

Malroy Mouseketeer

I think we're going to add a day to our tickets. I've been thinking about all the things we want to do and eat and I'm feeling like four days isn't enough!!!

Jaina and StarlitNight05 like this.
  18. Jaina

Even though it's 90 days out, I'm getting pretty excited about our trip, and this weekend we made these! (I say we because I let a few of the kids help. A little bit...) Man, there are a lot of us!
    [​IMG]

StarlitNight05 and azdisneylover like this.
  19. StarlitNight05

Oh my gosh they are so cute! I love that the shirts are yellow -- nice and bright to spot straying family members :)

20. Jaina

Yes, the level of colorful was a calculated choice. At least for the first day, we shouldn't lose anyone!!

azdisneylover and StarlitNight05 like this.
  21. corrie563

corrie563 Mouseketeer

Our next visit is April 25-28th April staying at the Park Vue Inn. can't wait to get back there, wish it wasn't so far away (from Austarlia).

StarlitNight05 and Jaina like this.