• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

April 10-14, not sure about hotel yet!

Welcome! Unfortunately your trip is too early for you to take advantage of the Dapper Day rates but I am sure you will have a great time no matter what!

Coming from NY, the time change will be perfect to take advantage of Magic Morning ( 1 with a 3+ day park hopper) or Extra Magic Hour (if you are staying onsite). If early entry is at 8:00 am in California then to you it will feel like it is at 11:00 am! It's staying up late that might be a challenge since a 10:00 pm parade will feel like 1:00 am to you.

Welcome! Unfortunately your trip is too early for you to take advantage of the Dapper Day rates but I am sure you will have a great time no matter what!

Coming from NY, the time change will be perfect to take advantage of Magic Morning ( 1 with a 3+ day park hopper) or Extra Magic Hour (if you are staying onsite). If early entry is at 8:00 am in California then to you it will feel like it is at 11:00 am! It's staying up late that might be a challenge since a 10:00 pm parade will feel like 1:00 am to you.
It will sure be a battle staying up late LOL but I can't miss any fireworks or parades! Thank you!!

It will sure be a battle staying up late LOL but I can't miss any fireworks or parades! Thank you!!

We are coming from BC so no time change and our 11 year old still has trouble staying awake for fireworks! In 9 DL trips we have been able to see fireworks twice...one and a half times to be accurate since he freaked out once and we had to leave once and the other time we watched them from the PPH viewing deck.

We are coming from BC so no time change and our 11 year old still has trouble staying awake for fireworks! In 9 DL trips we have been able to see fireworks twice...one and a half times to be accurate since he freaked out once and we had to leave once and the other time we watched them from the PPH viewing deck.
Oh no! I'd be bummed! Hopefully next time you'll get to watch :) The youngest who will be with us is 10, but he doesn't have a problem staying up until 1ish at WDW except when we're on the bus. We should all be able to make it through the fireworks since there are no other kids. At WDW we watch the fireworks at least twice!

Oh no! I'd be bummed! Hopefully next time you'll get to watch :) The youngest who will be with us is 10, but he doesn't have a problem staying up until 1ish at WDW except when we're on the bus. We should all be able to make it through the fireworks since there are no other kids. At WDW we watch the fireworks at least twice!

Our son is autistic so routine is a big thing for him which is wonderful at home and there are never any arguments when it is bed time. Not as good at DL when DH and I want to watch the fireworks! We did tell him that this trip we were going to stay and watch the fireworks once. On the positive with him keeping to a schedule is that we never have a problem getting up in time to take advantage of EMH!

We went to WDW in December 2015 and we had planned to have dinner at California Grill then watch the fireworks from their viewing area but that did not work out. We are tentatively planning WDW in 2018 and that trip we are going to see fireworks no matter what!

I will be there for my first DL trip 4/1-4/8! 7 nights at the Disneyland hotel and I am so excited!

Last edited:
Is anyone making group shirts? I've been pinning here and there. Last time I made a bunch of shirts but I haven't quite caught the 'bug' yet to do it again. Hmmm

Hi everyone! My 2 DDs (ages 7 and 11) and I are coming to California (their first time, my second time) from Niagara, Ontario Canada. We're landing at LAX the evening of April 5th and plan to be at DL on April 6th and 7th. I am a seasoned WDW veteran, but have no idea where to begin for DL planning! I've tried to read some of the forums, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Since we are only there on a Thursday and a Friday, will we see the MSEP or fireworks? I don't want to do character dinners, but wouldn't mind a reserved seating dinner for MSEP - will that be a possibility on one of the nights? I apologize if I am duplicating questions from previous posters! Happy to be redirected to a different link. :) Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! My 2 DDs (ages 7 and 11) and I are coming to California (their first time, my second time) from Niagara, Ontario Canada. We're landing at LAX the evening of April 5th and plan to be at DL on April 6th and 7th. I am a seasoned WDW veteran, but have no idea where to begin for DL planning! I've tried to read some of the forums, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Since we are only there on a Thursday and a Friday, will we see the MSEP or fireworks? I don't want to do character dinners, but wouldn't mind a reserved seating dinner for MSEP - will that be a possibility on one of the nights? I apologize if I am duplicating questions from previous posters! Happy to be redirected to a different link. :) Thanks in advance!

Hi, fellow Canadian! :)

They have not yet filled out the entertainment calendar for April but I would bet that MSEP will be every night and fireworks will be scheduled for at least Friday.

There are two options for MSEP dining, Blue Bayou and the Aladdin's Oasis on the go. There is no "reserved seating" for the parade but you will have access to a reserved viewing area. (Different area depending on if you go for BB or AO) DLR Prep School did a pretty decent write up and she is going to update after "Remember" fireworks start up again this week. You can find her post at this link: DLR Prep School

Other than that, ask away with any other questions! There are quite a few of us posting on this thread who are DL pros and happy to share info!

Thanks Aladora!! This is super helpful.
:)

Hi, fellow Canadian! :)

They have not yet filled out the entertainment calendar for April but I would bet that MSEP will be every night and fireworks will be scheduled for at least Friday.

There are two options for MSEP dining, Blue Bayou and the Aladdin's Oasis on the go. There is no "reserved seating" for the parade but you will have access to a reserved viewing area. (Different area depending on if you go for BB or AO) DLR Prep School did a pretty decent write up and she is going to update after "Remember" fireworks start up again this week. You can find her post at this link: DLR Prep School

Other than that, ask away with any other questions! There are quite a few of us posting on this thread who are DL pros and happy to share info!

I am looking for opinions - we will only have two full days in the parks, do I really need the park hoppers? It seems like one day per park would be suitable, am I way off base? The price difference is significant, $573 for regular and $693 for PH - add in the exchange rate and it's about $160 difference for the PH tickets. Thanks in advance!

Is anyone making group shirts? I've been pinning here and there. Last time I made a bunch of shirts but I haven't quite caught the 'bug' yet to do it again. Hmmm

I made a bunch for our last trip in December. I think most will still fit the kids so I may pass on making any new ones this trip.

I am looking for opinions - we will only have two full days in the parks, do I really need the park hoppers? It seems like one day per park would be suitable, am I way off base? The price difference is significant, $573 for regular and $693 for PH - add in the exchange rate and it's about $160 difference for the PH tickets. Thanks in advance!

We won't get hoppers. Last time we didn't either and it was fine for us. Esp with the kids being little, moving around one park was more than enough. We had 3 days and did 2 in DL and one in CA. Will do the same this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter