April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

I don't know. There is a warning that the rate can be adjusted if you are from a different country than the one stated. I will have to show my USA driver license at some point.

There is also a checkbox that says: I acknowledge that I do not reside in the country where I am renting and the credentials that I will present at rental pick-up will reflect my non-resident status.If your credentials are from the country where you are renting

I was able to cancel my Alamo reservations on-line yesterday through a link in my e-mail confirmations.

Southwest sent me an offer for Budget (it read "by e-mail only", so may not work for others?). It's the first legitimate code that has worked for me over Easter: BCD U072756 and Coupon MUAZ023
Mid-size $236/week including taxes
Full-size $252/week including taxes
Do you know what the MUAZ023 code gets you? Thanks in advance.

siobhan1997 said:
Check the budget canadian side not the usa side. I just did a prepay rental picking up 4/20 dropping off 5/08 full size using costco code and coupon for $221.46 all inclusive :cool1: The usa side had triple the price !!!

I just booked a mini van on the Canadian budget site for 15 days at the beginning of April for 413.29 USD. That is about 200 cheaper than my earlier reservation!

It was more money if I added my rapid res number so I left that off.

I also used a $35 off entertainment coupon.

I just booked a mini van on the Canadian budget site for 15 days at the beginning of April for 413.29 USD. That is about 200 cheaper than my earlier reservation!

I phoned it, and they added my rapid rez number. The said they would make sure the price didn't go up. They mentioned that my profile had different coupon codes, so they changed them. They said I would get an email. When I got the email the price had gone up by about $50.

I was able to change the code in my rapid rez profile, and then modify the reservation. The price came back down to $413.

I used BCD A017600 and coupon code MUGZ093.

I did some research on the budget Canada rates and I found this link

When you pick up your rental you'll be required to present credentials that show your country of residence. Those credentials must be issued from the country of residence indicated on your confirmed reservation. If you present credentials from a different country, your reservation will still be honored but the confirmed rate will change. You may not modify your country of residence on a confirmed reservation. If you need to modify your country of residence, you can only do so by canceling the original reservation and creating a new one at current rental rates.

Please refer to the terms and conditions on your reservation confirmation page/e-mail for the full list of credentials required at pickup for your particular rental.

This bites, is budget a Canadian company?

I did some research on the budget Canada rates and I found this link

When you pick up your rental you'll be required to present credentials that show your country of residence. Those credentials must be issued from the country of residence indicated on your confirmed reservation. If you present credentials from a different country, your reservation will still be honored but the confirmed rate will change. You may not modify your country of residence on a confirmed reservation. If you need to modify your country of residence, you can only do so by canceling the original reservation and creating a new one at current rental rates.

Please refer to the terms and conditions on your reservation confirmation page/e-mail for the full list of credentials required at pickup for your particular rental.

This bites, is budget a Canadian company?

In the past many times I have used the us car rental sites and never had a problem not changing the residency from us to canada. I do know that if you rent from budget the canadian side the confirmation code has a CA in it.

Definitely better for you. Are they still honouring the Entertainment coupons now that they are bankrupt?

My Alamo reservation just went down another $14.00 this morning. It is now $181.02 for 10 days all in. Compact car.

Does anyone know what happens if you don't cancel your other reservation? I hate having to keep calling every time I get a better rate. Why did they change it?

Do you know what the MUAZ023 code gets you? Thanks in advance.

Dan gave you the answer. It's not so much a coupon for a discount as it is for extra SW miles.

I wanted to share that I called Budget to change the credit card info on my reservation, and when they e-mailed me a new confirmation, the price went up $6. I called back to inquire, and they took an extra $25 off, bringing my mid-size total to $215 (including taxes) for the week.

Just an update:
Alamo is now offering a SW discount
Corporate Code 7016128
Midsize is $205 including tax for a week including Easter
HTH

Just an update:
Alamo is now offering a SW discount
Corporate Code 7016128
Midsize is $205 including tax for a week including Easter
HTH

Still only 10% though :confused3 (not condemning your suggestion at all :) ) As I posted before, all the codes seem to be only giving 10% now, That is the same as the Alamo Insiders. :surfweb:

Still only 10% though :confused3 (not condemning your suggestion at all :) ) As I posted before, all the codes seem to be only giving 10% now, That is the same as the Alamo Insiders. :surfweb:

My same dates with Alamo is $339 for a Mid-size without a discount. It's because it includes Easter.

My same dates with Alamo is $339 for a Mid-size without a discount. It's because it includes Easter.

Mine is well past Easter, April 20th.. I have used codes for years & this is the 1st year they all have generated only 10%. I just find it odd.

Alamo: With SW corporate id and VISA coupon AD2338FDF got mine down to $121.39 for midsize pick up at TPA on 4/1 and drop off at MCO 4/7.:cool1:

Hi guys,
If I bid with Priceline, I there a chance I will end up with some non big name car company ?
I want to make sure I can get Hertz, alamo, Enterprise, Avis, or budget.

Any experience with bidding from mco and not getting the above ?

Just got my 4/16-4/23 reservation with Alamo down from $151.57 on Tuesday to $121.47 using the BJ's code and the $30 Visa code!!!! :yay:

It seems like rates are back down to where I locked in a few weeks ago. 4/20-4/27 $145 for a full size. Using the SW code 7016105 and $30 coupon AD2338FDF.

Hi guys,
If I bid with Priceline, I there a chance I will end up with some non big name car company ?
I want to make sure I can get Hertz, alamo, Enterprise, Avis, or budget.

Any experience with bidding from mco and not getting the above ?

I am pretty sure you will only get a big name company with priceline. That being said, I used priceline name your own price for MCO, got Budget and had an experience so bad with them that I will not do it again. I can't imagine the smaller no-name companies could have possibly been much worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter