APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 08/09/17]

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by peel, Jul 10, 2014.

1. mlamanna1701

mlamanna1701 Mouseketeer

Is it possible for the APH rates to go down from what they presently are? Has anyone experienced this?

2. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Yup! All depends on occupancy.

mlamanna1701 and dmetcalfrn like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. cfoxga

cfoxga Earning My Ears

I'm not an expert but I have tracked pricing quite a bit over the last month. Being a numbers-guy, I started seeing patterns. I'm coming to the understanding that the prices are fairly predictable. There are a couple of factors to keep in mind:

- The base price of a room changes based on the time of year and the class of room. Some dates are quite a bit more expensive than others. From what I've seen, these "base prices" do not change for a given room type+date.

- Friday and Saturday tend to be more expensive than Sunday-Thursday.

- I see three types of discounts that you can get off the base price. APH is not always the best; SMSM can be better for long stays during non-peak times (#2).
    1. SMSM Holiday/Peak/Summer
    2. SMSM Regular/Value
    3. APH (Annual Pass)

- While SMSM rates seem to be released way in advance, APH rates are not.

- When you try to book multiple nights, if a room class is not available for even one day, it is not shown. This often makes it look like prices are much more variable than they really are.

- I've seen cases where a room is not listed for a Saturday stay unless Friday is included. I'm currently booked Sun-Tues and can opt to add Friday+Saturday. But if I add just Saturday, almost everything disapears except $600+ night rooms.

- Hotel prices for "equivalent" rooms across hotels go from CB (cheapest), SF, RPR, HRH, PB(most expensive). I put "equivalent" in quotes because room sizes seem to vary between hotels, with PB tending to have larger rooms. HRH and PB are pretty close in price.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. cieslack

cieslack Mouseketeer

APH rate at HRH

November 22 to 26 2017
    Pool View (no garden view APH available)
    $334 per night

SMSM had been around $400+ per night

6. because

because Mouseketeer

Come On January! Coming in on the 4th (PBH). Right now booked at over $500 a night, which just isn't going to fly. We usually go this time of year (few days after NYE) and have always found APH. But I am starting to get antsy.

7. JamieOak

JamieOak You ain't never had a friend like me

I have that rate booked for 11/23-11/26 and I'm also hoping and checking for a garden view to become available. See ya there! :)