AP Resort Discounts & Availability

melbatoast

Dis Fan
Hi, just wondering if there is a way to check AP rates/availability w/o having an annual pass yet. If Disney does not offer general discounts for end of March, there is no way we can afford full price. Thinking buying an AP and with an AP resort discount, it would be around the same price as a non discounted room/park ticket. Then I could possibly go again later in the year with my AP! Thanks!

Hi, just wondering if there is a way to check AP rates/availability w/o having an annual pass yet. If Disney does not offer general discounts for end of March, there is no way we can afford full price. Thinking buying an AP and with an AP resort discount, it would be around the same price as a non discounted room/park ticket. Then I could possibly go again later in the year with my AP! Thanks!
From what I've heard no... But you can post your dates/resort and someone with an AP may be able to check for you.

I'm also wondering if one buys an annual pass can they still reserve a hotel with the AP discount if they won't activate the pass until their trip? And if so, how? (I'm looking at Disneyland at moment not WDW).

Ugh so I wouldn't buy the AP unless my dates have an AP discount otherwise it wouldn't make sense. And good question about activating the pass. If I go in March, I would probably go in Nov or Dec also, then would love to use it again next year early March right before it expires again but that would only work if I don't activate it until end of March this year.

It should allow you to check for AP prices even if it's not active yet. I bought an AP recently, but haven't activated it yet. Beforehand I couldn't click through on the AP offers on Disney's website. Now I can, although I don't see availability anywhere at any point in the next few months, which surely has to be a bug of some sort.

This is the AP discount thread. There are limited dates available, only til March 10 so far. Not sure if end of March will have discounts, since it is usually pretty busy with spring break starting. If discounts are released for your time frame, you can book with the discount by calling if you don’t have your AP. Some people have been able to book with an inactivated pass linked to their MDE account, some have not. That seems to be hit or miss. And as a PP said, if discounts for your dates are announced, just ask & someone will look up what’s available for you.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...ecember-12-24-and-jan-2-mar-10.3713914/unread

We have never had a problem booking AP rates before our AP was activated.

AP discounts are few and far between these days. We are used to the discount first weeks of January, nothing this year we can book with a discount unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter