AP Rate with Brand New AP - How Does This Work?

rowan555

DIS Veteran
So I just booked Royal Pacific with the APH rate, and I'm about to order our annual passes online. We will be checking into the hotel at 7 AM and then heading to the parks. I believe I read that the AP must be activated AT the parks - so how will this work in terms of my checking in to the hotel? Will they be able to sort this out for me after we visit the park and then head back to the hotel in the afternoon?

Sorry for the picky questions - I have major OCD and little things like unknown details make me nuts.

We just stayed at Royal Pacific last week. I had booked online with an AP rate even though we didn't "physically" have the AP in hand. When we checked in, they didn't ask about the AP at all. It was just a confirmation of the reservation.

Go to the park and get your AP. Restaurants and shops WILL ask for it when you want the discount. When you check out of the hotel, they may ask you for an AP number, but I don't think they even did that when we checked out.

They never asked to see my ap at RPR the whole time we stayed. :thumbsup2

They will tell you when/if they need to see it. No need to worry about it. :)

I got the strong impression once that they can see in their computers if you've bought an AP or not. I could be wrong, it's just the impression I got.

That is what I figured also. It should be in the system that I bought multiple AP's.

Semi related question. For the annual pass, it says free parking after first visit. I assume that means first visit to the park, whether or not we are parking in the regular lot during that visit? We will be paying at the hotel lot for three nights, so I'm hoping if we want to stop by and visit the parks before we return home, parking at the garage will be free?

Semi related question. For the annual pass, it says free parking after first visit. I assume that means first visit to the park, whether or not we are parking in the regular lot during that visit? We will be paying at the hotel lot for three nights, so I'm hoping if we want to stop by and visit the parks before we return home, parking at the garage will be free?
Yes...after your AP is activated at the gate, your next visit to the garage is free.

I'm thinking of buying 1 ap to get the aph rate at PBH for our August trip. I understand that I don't need to activate the ap before check in.

My question is how to get the ap discount on my kid's tickets...can I buy them at the gate? I'm planning to buy them 4 day ptp.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of buying 1 ap to get the aph rate at PBH for our August trip. I understand that I don't need to activate the ap before check in.

My question is how to get the ap discount on my kid's tickets...can I buy them at the gate? I'm planning to buy them 4 day ptp.

Thanks!

You will need to go through the gate with your AP to activate it and then purchase the tickets for your kids. You can purchase them at guest services inside the park or come back out and go to the ticket booths.

You will need to go through the gate with your AP to activate it and then purchase the tickets for your kids. You can purchase them at guest services inside the park or come back out and go to the ticket booths.

Thank you for your quick reply!

It is a discount off gate price tickets, which are higher than internet tickets. You may do better buying the family's tickets ahead of time. Also, the wait at the ticket booth can be LONG.

It is a discount off gate price tickets, which are higher than internet tickets. You may do better buying the family's tickets ahead of time. Also, the wait at the ticket booth can be LONG.

That doesn't seem to be the case any longer at least with Undercover tourist.

UT price for 4 day ptp is $177.95 for adults 162.95 for kids.

IF you purchase at the gates:

If you buy with the AP discount, price for adults is $167.99 + $20(the online discount) less 15% plus 6.5% tax which works out to be $170.

For kids it is $155.99 +$20(the online discount) less 15% plus 6.5% tax which works out to be $159.31

If you buy with the AP discount, price for adults is $167.99 + $20(the online discount) less 15% plus 6.5% tax which works out to be $170.

For kids it is $155.99 +$20(the online discount) less 15% plus 6.5% tax which works out to be $159.31

Thank you so much for the calculations!

I can get the 4 day adult ptp from tickets at work through my company for $165 (including tax) so I'll print the kids tickets out before we leave.

:hippie:

This is the EXACT info I have been searching for! Thanks! I plan on arriving in the afternoon, printing out my AP at the will call kiosk, checking in to RPR, then sometime later walking over to activate my AP and purchase 1adult/2kids 4day PtP tickets for use the next morning. I think this should work. I still have questions like once the AP is activated and you can sign into the pass holder site online, what exactly is there? Can you get tickets with the $20 and 15% off? Can you buy BMG tickets 20% off online? Trip is over Thanksgiving, so I'm still researching...

Can someone please tell me what the annual pass discount for an onsite hotel stay?

My family is planning on staying for 7 nights at PBH. Wondering if it makes sense for me to buy an AP and then buy regular tickets for my wife and 2 children (they will be 12 and 10 when we go).

Currently the Universal website booking is promoting an Orlando Express pass.

We do plan to do a day at SeaWorld and one day at Aquatica (which the Orlando pass covers) -- so I guess I need to factor this into the value equation as well.

I also have a CAA membership -- still need to find out if there's a discount there :confused3. Sorry I may be overloading everyone with too much info. :rotfl:

Any advice / help in taking the right direction on this would be much appreciated!
:goodvibes

Cheers,
Zebsterama

Can someone please tell me what the annual pass discount for an onsite hotel stay?

There is no set AP discount.

Go here:http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR

That shows all hotels at once (if you use the dropdown menu to do that). Check the prices; it will show you the lowest publicly available price for your stay. Then use "APH" in the code field; that shows you IF there is an AP rate at that time for your dates, and what it is if it's there.

AP rates come and go. Right now they just released them for December. I'm waiting on January. From past experience, I know that once they show up they might come and go as people book and then cancel. So I check often. :)

If the rate is good enough to make up for one person upgrading (to at least a Preferred pass...the Power Pass does NOT give you discounts), then book it and plan to buy an AP!

This is the EXACT info I have been searching for! Thanks! I plan on arriving in the afternoon, printing out my AP at the will call kiosk, checking in to RPR, then sometime later walking over to activate my AP and purchase 1adult/2kids 4day PtP tickets for use the next morning. I think this should work. I still have questions like once the AP is activated and you can sign into the pass holder site online, what exactly is there? Can you get tickets with the $20 and 15% off? Can you buy BMG tickets 20% off online? Trip is over Thanksgiving, so I'm still researching...

The AP website, when it remembers me*, is nothing special. And no you can't buy the tickets with the online price AND the AP discount together. One or the other. I don't know about Blue Man Group.

*I find the UO login pages to be highly glitchy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter