AP rate for room question

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I have to pick up my AP when I get there, at the kiosk. But I have our room at HRH booked with the AP discount. Do I have to have the AP in hand, when I check in, or should I go to the kiosk directly to get the pass and then go and checkin at the hotel?
I'm not sure they are like Disney and let you return later with the AP, after checking in.

You don't need it at check in, just some time during your stay...but there should be a kiosk in the hotel lobby where you can get your pass.

You don't need it at check in, just some time during your stay...but there should be a kiosk in the hotel lobby where you can get your pass.
Just to confirm... So I could purchase discounted tickets at Undercover Tourist, upgrade after I enter the park and then show them the AP the day after check in or sometime before I check out?

Ya, that should be fine... Actually I have booked the AP rate several times, checked my bill at checkout and it was correct, and never been asked to show my pass.

Upgrade your tickets before you use them to enter a park though...that way you'll be sure to get full trade-in value for them.

Ya, that should be fine... Actually I have booked the AP rate several times, checked my bill at checkout and it was correct, and never been asked to show my pass.

Upgrade your tickets before you use them to enter a park though...that way you'll be sure to get full trade-in value for them.

there is no ticket bridging @ Universal as to discounted tickets ala WDW. Majority of tickets (other than ones that specifically state it ala usssa tickets & some group types) can be upgraded.

skip the long line outside, you can upgrade to an AP when inside the park at your convenience at Guest Services.

It depends on the TM checking you into the resort, you really need to be prepared to produce a valid AP or risk paying current rack rate.

In the last year or so every time I've heard specific upgrade stories, universal has been bridging.

Op you do not need ap in hand at checkin. Just ask them when they need to see the ap and they will tell you. (We have never had to, but that doesn't mean no one has to, so just ask)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter