AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

This will be my last year as an AP holder. As a local, it has become more and more difficult to do anything at the parks. Sadly, I don't know that I will be going to a park months in advance, so I can never gets fastpasses or ADRs for the things I want. The crowds are just crazy. Even thought I live a half mile from Disney property, I rarely make to the parks anymore. It is just not worth it to me to pay these prices.
I have always dreamed of moving to Florida and doing Disney 3-4 times a year. Not moving to Orlando, maybe Ocala or somewhere a bit away. But now I am thinking, even if I were to ever be able to move down, could I still afford Disney. It might be hard for me to do that because I would be thinking, could I do 3-4 trips to the Caribbean for the same price? Could I go to Cancun a few times a year for the same price?

I guess I would just have to work for the mouse in order to gain access, lol.

I have always dreamed of moving to Florida and doing Disney 3-4 times a year. Not moving to Orlando, maybe Ocala or somewhere a bit away. But now I am thinking, even if I were to ever be able to move down, could I still afford Disney. It might be hard for me to do that because I would be thinking, could I do 3-4 trips to the Caribbean for the same price? Could I go to Cancun a few times a year for the same price?

I guess I would just have to work for the mouse in order to gain access, lol.
Like many of us super disney fans - we did this, moving to FL from MI with the intent on going to WDW a bunch, and we did... ended up going nearly every week for close to a year straight. My coworkers made fun of us for never going to the beach or anywhere else. Went so often that I memorized which faucets had the highest pressure at Ea bathroom.

Even if it becomes uber expensive, we knew people who moved down and went on many cruises to Mexico or Caribbean. We bought Busch Gardens APs and liked it there, very inexpensive. We moved back to Midwest for jobs but intend to come back. At the very least as retirees.

Same. I asked that during the chat this morning. The pass isn’t on my profile but is under My Plans.

I’ll clear cookies, I’m on a Mac so no other browser. I’ll try my husbands desktop later today.
This kept happening to me. When I called, the CM said that I won’t be able to see AP discounts until it’s activated.

My wife has been tracking wait times daily, and they’ve been higher than expected. Guests in Aug are not seeing FoP and SDD 60 days out for 5 night stays. Idk that I’d be excited to have to pay for FPs like I had the option to do last yr in Shanghai.

And while one of the main incentives for staying onsite at WDW includes the 60 day FP booking, Tokyo Disney kept the incentive alive for booking onsite hotels by giving you different amounts of paper FPs depending on your package... we had 5 FPs to everything but Toy Story Mania, nemo, and some shows. Next tier received 8 including the two rides... they don’t have virtual FPs so had to go a different route. But it worked. Our package included unlimited non alcoholic drinks - which was awesome.

if they wanted to raise prices for the controlling crowds argument, should they consider having the FL pass increases be proportionally higher? I’m sorry, not trying to step on toes- The platinum out of staters visit 2-3x/yr while the locals can visit every wknd, like I did, and don’t always book onsite hotels or book character dining, or other special events- since they’re there more often. Maybe they just don’t want any APs if they can fill the parks with less frequent goers who might spend more.

Last edited:
Here’s the most recent reply I received:

At this time, the website is working as designed. Since unused theme park admission can be reassigned, the benefits of discounted rates and event ticket's won't show until the Disney Annual Pass is activated.

I told the cast member I chatted with this morning that is was very disappointing to spend thousands on tickets, only to not have access to view all of their benefits.
They're wrong. I could see all AP benefits (and book using AP discounts) as soon as my AP was linked

This subject has come up many times before. I personally believe those who can see the rates prior to activation are the ones with the glitch.. just as jolynne28’s reply indicated. You always had to have an active AP to access the AP section online. So to me, it makes sense that you need that active pass to see the rates.

I am glad I have been able to experience Disney during the past 15 years when is was more affordable. I would really hate it if I was just now catching the fever.
We have owned DVC since 2008 and have had many trips during the past 11 years. We have never owned APs, but we planned on becoming AP holders in 2021. I'm retiring next year, and we are going to Aulani to celebrate so it will be 2021 before we go back to WDW. I am starting to get very worried that when I finally retire and we finally get the chance to take some extended trips, we won't be able to afford the APs. I know that the DVC AP is still a fairly good price, but I see us losing that discounted price eventually. I just can't imagine what the prices will be like for 2021. It does make me sad that I worked so hard to get to the place where we could truly enjoy our DVC, only to worry about not getting to enjoy it.

I am glad I have been able to experience Disney during the past 15 years when is was more affordable. I would really hate it if I was just now catching the fever.
Ya, as someone who is definitely just now really, really catching the fever and is finally old enough to start paying for my own trips and taking myself to Disney without my folks, this is rough :\

I just purchased and linked an AP and it's not letting me see AP prices either. I'm signed in on the browser and it shows my AP. When I click on the link for the AP special rates it brings me to the purchase AP page too🙄

Can I ask if the $1847 out the door price for 2 AP sounds the same as the rate you had in your no sales tax state? We have a whopping 9-13% tax on various goods and services so would like to be certain.
Will call the Outlet tomorrow and get the rate. :duck:

More reason you don't want Bob Chapek as the next Disney CEO. Reduced EMH, increased frequency in paid after hours events, ticket price increases, all come from Mr. Chapek. He's been good for shareholders, bad for guests.
Walt is turning over in his grave right now I guarantee it. He didn't build Disneyworld so that "only rich parents and only rich kids could have fun together"

I wonder if the calculus is more complex than simply the economy is good + parks are crowded = huge ticket price increase.

Some years back, there was a discussion that included data points on the amount each visitor spends while in the park. Yes, ticket price was a big component, but food & beverage, souvenirs and whatnot were included.

I have been curious to learn if the increase in attendance has resulted in a decrease of per visitor spend--simply because the crowds "get in the way" of people being able to make purchases at the rate they otherwise might.

We have owned DVC since 2008 and have had many trips during the past 11 years. We have never owned APs, but we planned on becoming AP holders in 2021. I'm retiring next year, and we are going to Aulani to celebrate so it will be 2021 before we go back to WDW. I am starting to get very worried that when I finally retire and we finally get the chance to take some extended trips, we won't be able to afford the APs. I know that the DVC AP is still a fairly good price, but I see us losing that discounted price eventually. I just can't imagine what the prices will be like for 2021. It does make me sad that I worked so hard to get to the place where we could truly enjoy our DVC, only to worry about not getting to enjoy it.
This makes me sad! I have been eyeballing an AP for a few years now. I think I finally convinced my husband that they make sense for us to purchase them for the family, but now I am not so sure.

This will be my last year as an AP holder. As a local, it has become more and more difficult to do anything at the parks. Sadly, I don't know that I will be going to a park months in advance, so I can never gets fastpasses or ADRs for the things I want. The crowds are just crazy. Even thought I live a half mile from Disney property, I rarely make to the parks anymore. It is just not worth it to me to pay these prices.

This is one readonod never live locally. It’s trmpting to be close, but close means there’s no reason to stay on site and I love the resorts. It also means not being able to secure FP’s.
This subject has come up many times before. I personally believe those who can see the rates prior to activation are the ones with the glitch.. just as jolynne28’s reply indicated. You always had to have an active AP to access the AP section online. So to me, it makes sense that you need that active pass to see the rates.

I've had and AP on and off for years now and could always see the discounted rates whether it was activated or just a linked voucher. At times my AP is active, other's it's just a voucher as I have never actually renewed an AP. I have 5 family members right now who have non-activated AP's and every one of them can see the discounted rates for anything- reservations and special events. Seems odd that every one of them would have the same glitch working for them.

I'm not going to worry about not seeing the AP rates anymore. Yeah, it would be nice, but for our first trip on our AP I hadn't planned on buying any hard ticket events since we will have an infant with us and we are staying at the Fort so no discounts there anyway. I really don't want to spend over $400 for MVMCP again. We've done it, it was cool, but it's not $400 cool in my mind. I'm pretty sure the AP discounts only saves us $4 a ticket, give or take, which is nothing when you're spending that much. I hate that they've added so many of these events and taken away the evening EMH's. We are staying for 8 nights the week before Thanksgiving, and there's a MVMCP 5 of those nights. We aren't planning on going to MK on any of the 3 days that there isn't a party, b/c we made that mistake one year and the crowds were unbearable. So we won't be at MK past 6 pm on this trip, which will be a first for us. If we want to stay out a little later it will be at one of the other parks.

But I'll add that once there, it's possible we'll get caught up in all the 'magic' and buy those tix anyway, probably like a lot of other people do...which is what Disney is banking on with these types of events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter