AP Price Increase June 18th, 2019

The Skyliner is significantly more efficient than the buses, fyi. Full busload every couple minutes. And pretty darn cool. So yes, I would say that 100% is money well spent.
Could you give me the actual statistics on that? I mean numbers vs time involved vs cost.

Could you give me the actual statistics on that? I mean numbers vs time involved vs cost.
There are a ton of calculations already in the thread, and I believe many are in the first post.

Each gondola holds 10 people, and they launch one in each direction every ~10.5 second. If we assume they only average 6 people per cabin. That is 2050 people/hr or about 32 standing room only buses an hour, each direction. If they actually hit 10 people per cabin, that would be 3430 people/hr, or about 53 standing room buses an hour.

So basically in the one hour after fireworks, both parks combined can dispatch the equivalent of 64-106 buses worth of people to 4 resorts. When currently they are probably doing around 45-50.

This is before we even get into the other numerious benefits, like not sitting around waiting 30 minutes for bus in the middle of the day.

Edit, just realized this was in the AP thread, not the Gondola thread. So the thread I was talking about was the Gondola thread.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter