AP Previews?

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
How did AP previews work for Pandora and TSL? How much notice? How much did it cost?

No guarantee Disney will do the same for SWGE.

For pandora, the sign ups came out about two months in advance and there was no cost. They didn’t do this for TSL.

For pandora, you would log in with I think your ap info then it gave you a calendar of available dates. You would click on a day then it have 2 hour time slots to choose from.

just to add to pp comment. Sign up was frustrating for some, as they had to refresh and refresh with the page becoming unavailable.
Before the AP preview they had CM previews (I believe that was a whole week) and media previews if I'm not mistaken
For TSLand there were no AP previews but they did morning only for APholders months after it opened. You also had to sign up for that

AP and DVC pre view for Pandora was amazing. It worked out perfectly for my wife and daughter. They were among a small group that entered Pandora at a set time. While they were supposed to ride each ride once, it was so quiet, they go to do both twice. Got incredible photos with very few people in the photos. They loved it.
Didn't happen with TSL.
Hard to tell if they will with SWGE. My guess is no, unless they want to do it as a training exercise for the CMs.

You would think for a land as big as SWGE they would DEFINITELY do some kind of previews.

TSL is not that large of a space so I can see why they did not do previews there.

You would think for a land as big as SWGE they would DEFINITELY do some kind of previews.

TSL is not that large of a space so I can see why they did not do previews there.
TSL was a bit behind in terms of when they wanted it to open.

With SWGE they have Disneyland opening first which they can use for some of the logistics issues. Obviously they will still need to test rides and such.

TSL was a bit behind in terms of when they wanted it to open.

With SWGE they have Disneyland opening first which they can use for some of the logistics issues. Obviously they will still need to test rides and such.

That is a good point I never thought of. Disneyland is pretty much identical. They have 5 or 6 months of testing right there.

Does anyone know if for DVC previews, you have to already have a DVC stay booked at the time they are offered? Or could you book a stay after reserving a preview timeslot/make a reservation quickly and then book a timeslot. I know this is all hypothetical, but I'm wondering how it worked for Pandora. If you have to already have it booked before it's announced then there is no point in me even trying that route and I'll just be at the mercy of AP previews.

Does anyone know if for DVC previews, you have to already have a DVC stay booked at the time they are offered? Or could you book a stay after reserving a preview timeslot/make a reservation quickly and then book a timeslot. I know this is all hypothetical, but I'm wondering how it worked for Pandora. If you have to already have it booked before it's announced then there is no point in me even trying that route and I'll just be at the mercy of AP previews.

Don't know about DVC but for Pandora and AP holders NO HOTEL RESERVATION was necessary. Just picked a time slot if available and that was it.

I wish if they do another preview they'd let us know way in advance. It would make me renew my pass that I currently intend to let expire if I got to go. The Pandora one was awesome. We picked the last day available so all the kinks had been worked out and got to ride both rides three times in a row. For FOP we didn't even have to leave the room they let us get right back on.

I think you had to put your reservation # in when you booked the preview if you were using the DVC time slots. I could be wrong (and maybe you could book one after scheduling the preview) but you absolutely had to have an onsite reservation to attend.
I found this in old email from when I registered for the pandora preview

Event Registration Notes:
  • Disney Vacation Club® Members with confirmed reservations will receive an additional email with details on how to check in for this experience by May 12, 2017.
  • Event experience and available offerings are subject to change without notice, and advance registration is required.
  • Disney Vacation Club® Members may only register for one (1) time slot over the course of the preview period.
  • If a Disney Vacation Club® Member would like to register special Guests to accompany them that Guest must have a valid admission to the event’s theme park location on the date of the event, and be listed on your Disney Resort room reservation with you.
  • Availability is subject to change without notice.
  • Experience is subject to cancellation in the event of inclement weather.
  • Some attractions require that Guests meet appropriate boarding requirements.
  • Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Due to limited capacity, modifications to existing reservations will not be available.
Disney Vacation Club® Member Notes:
  • Confirmation emails will come from disneyvacationclub@mail.dvcmember.com; please be sure to check spam filters for this message if it does not appear within 24 hours.
  • Party size limit: Member and up to the number of guests staying in their resort room accommodations. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter