AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I thought this might entertain people in here who understand the waiting game for a callback. I missed a call this morning and thought it was fine because it wasn't the typical 407 area code. I assumed someone was trying to reach me about my car's extended warranty. I googled the number just in case, saw Buena Vista :scared1: and was so nervous for a second. Then I realized it was Buena Vista, VA. I had no idea there was a Buena Vista, VA until this morning and I've lived in VA for over 20 years.

I'm so excited. I just got new gold AP.
I missed my callback on Monday, called yesterday and was told I would get a call back same day which did not happen. Since we decided we want to go this month, I called again. This time I got my call back right away. The cast member was so helpful. She linked my swan stay and booked our park days.

Quick question...Are we still talking about renewals? on AP's or ones that were previously cancelled for a refund or such? Or are we talking about Upgrading/purchasing new ones.. I've been outta the loop for like 2 mos. And curiously waiting to upgrade what was originally a 10 day hopper *(Now only 3 days left) to a DVC gold.... Hoping I'm able to do this before our trip in 28 days... TIA

I know if staying off site you are limited to 3 days for park reservations. Do you have to use all 3 days before you can book a 4th day?

Or let's say you had 3 days spread out over the next few months booked. After you use day 1, can you keep re-booking 1 day at a time as long as you are using this day? I can see this coming in handy if you wanted to 'reserve' a very popular day. Say Halloween for instance. Could you do this and keep using your remaining 2 reservation days over and over between now and then?

Thanks!

It's a rolling 3 days. Once the parks close on the day you use your first park reservation, you can make another.

I know if staying off site you are limited to 3 days for park reservations. Do you have to use all 3 days before you can book a 4th day?

Or let's say you had 3 days spread out over the next few months booked. After you use day 1, can you keep re-booking 1 day at a time as long as you are using this day? I can see this coming in handy if you wanted to 'reserve' a very popular day. Say Halloween for instance. Could you do this and keep using your remaining 2 reservation days over and over between now and then?

Thanks!
Merged with AP thread as many knowledgeable people here with lots of great AP info.

Finally!! A year later and we have our checks! Really didn’t think they were ever coming! For those issued a refund check for minor children, what do you do with it? Can I deposit it in my account? Do we have to go to a bank and cash it?

For those issued a refund check for minor children, what do you do with it? Can I deposit it in my account? Do we have to go to a bank and cash it?

Normally you write the child's name on back of check with the word minor listed after it. Then print and sign your name. Your bank should be fine to deposit it.

I got my call back this afternoon and was able to renew our Gold (DVC) passes. My original call was placed on May 20.

The CM used the 8-day tickets my DH and I had bought for our upcoming July trip and, surprisingly, also a quick 5-day trip that I'd bought tickets with a resort package in September 2020. I had bought the package because I wasn't sure how long my AP would be extended (was eventually extended until October 2020), and I needed to make park reservations before they filled up. So, I ended up only owing about half the amount on four gold passes! The CM had done her homework, and she was fantastic!

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice...

We renewed our Gold APs back in February. We've since planned another trip, over Christmas, because it's the only time we can go in that period. Disney, VIP line and DVC have all told me I cannot upgrade at this time.

How would you all handle this? I'll list the options I've thought of, but would love to hear any I haven't. Thanks!!!

1 Just hang on and hope they allow upgrades in August and that park passes are still available for December 26-31. That'll give me an ulcer, but so does the price difference between tickets and an upgrade.

2 Buy tickets and book passes and hope they allow upgrades before out trip, allowing me to transfer those to family members. How long would those tickets be good for? We are 3 and have 2 family members joining us in June, so we'd still have 1 left over to use another year?
Also, that will get trickier if they bring back FP, right? There's no way to transfer FP if booking for FP opens before they allow me to upgrade?

3 Buy tickets and book passes and accept I'm going to have to use the tickets. This one will burn going down. Lol.

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice...

We renewed our Gold APs back in February. We've since planned another trip, over Christmas, because it's the only time we can go in that period. Disney, VIP line and DVC have all told me I cannot upgrade at this time.

How would you all handle this? I'll list the options I've thought of, but would love to hear any I haven't. Thanks!!!

1 Just hang on and hope they allow upgrades in August and that park passes are still available for December 26-31. That'll give me an ulcer, but so does the price difference between tickets and an upgrade.

2 Buy tickets and book passes and hope they allow upgrades before out trip, allowing me to transfer those to family members. How long would those tickets be good for? We are 3 and have 2 family members joining us in June, so we'd still have 1 left over to use another year?
Also, that will get trickier if they bring back FP, right? There's no way to transfer FP if booking for FP opens before they allow me to upgrade?

3 Buy tickets and book passes and accept I'm going to have to use the tickets. This one will burn going down. Lol.

Are you staying onsite? If so, I’d book a package with tickets. If you get your upgraded passes, call to drop the tickets & change it to a ticketless package. The nice thing about packages is you can change them without penalty until 30 days out. So you don’t “own” the tickets ahead of time. But you’re able to reserve park passes with them. If you get your APs, just make sure they’re linked before you cancel the package tickets.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter