AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Just wanted to give a quick update, we have been Out of State APs since 2017. Cancelled Aug 11th. Received our refund end of September. Decided we regretted that decision, booked hotels for January and April of 2021. I've called multiple times about repurchasing our APs, being told "there's no such list" and "WDW has not resumed the sales of APs."
Finally took the advice from some lovely posters in here and decided to try one more time yesterday, called the VIPassholder line, waited on hold for about 25 minutes, explained I was eligible for the waiting list to repurchase our passes, he placed me on hold for about another 25 minutes, returned, and let me know I was correct, confirmed my information, and advised me I would be receiving a phone call in about 7 business days (but probably longer, which I expected) to provide my CC details and purchase new passes.

So thank you to those who helped! Now we wait!

UPDATE:
Received callback today, the 8th business day. Pretty impressed with the turnaround time.
We're APs again, CHEERS!

I canceled all four of our passes in May. Of course that was before they were even offering it. They acted like it would be no problem, but I have called multiple times since then without getting any answers. Once they told me they had never even received the request. So I had to go through the cancellation process all over again. I also don’t know how everyone gets the annual pass emails. I have never gotten one despite them having my email address.

They told me the refunds would be here by the end of September. Of course it wasn't. Then they told me by the end of October. Of course it didn’t happen either. I too am debating about either getting it through my credit card or legal action. It’s ridiculous. 6 to 8 weeks ago they told me that my refund was processed, but they couldn’t tell me how much it was or when it would go out or how it would go out. I assume it would be on the credit card used to purchase, but reading everyone’s stories has had me looking for a check for weeks.

Here you go and beat of luck!
passholder@disneyworld.com

I had several different people respond/different names but they were ALL polite and helpful.
I just wanted to report that I had emailed them (this same address you provided) in addition to all my phone calls. They got back with me this morning saying that their department couldn’t access any of those systems. >:( What I truly don’t understand in all of this is how in-person they have some of the best customer service in the world, but they are content with letting these call centers infuriate their customers. I have been told something different every single time I call. And not just dates that the refund might be here, but whether or not you can do something, and whether or not I would get eight different refunds or one single one. This is not news to me. Long before the Covid situation, I knew better than to call in for anything. If there was any other way that I could get an answer, I definitely would. I am very glad they did answer your email. I just don’t understand how they cannot be consistent.

I’m so frustrated. I spoke to someone at the end of May-beginning of June to ask a question about my DD pass. I was told someone would call me back- waited weeks and heard nothing. I followed up in June with an email- I heard nothing. I called July and was told they processed a refund for the time closed. I DID not have them do that because my question was never answered- was told there was nothing they could do. I cancelled the pass that day and was told I would receive 2 checks. 1 for the time closed and 1 for the remainder of the pass. The first check was “in process” ( which was why their accidental cancel could not be reversed) I have received nothing at all! I’m thinking there isn’t much use in calling because people seem to be given different answers. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I work in accounting for a service company that deals with a large amounts of customer refunds. One action that usually triggers us escalating a refund and getting processed same day or next day is threatening to go to the media. Usually if one of our managers gets a call from the customer threatening to get local tv stations or newspapers involved, our manager will take care of the matter right then and there. How long before someone gets one of those consumer advocates from news stations involved?

I work in accounting for a service company that deals with a large amounts of customer refunds. One action that usually triggers us escalating a refund and getting processed same day or next day is threatening to go to the media. Usually if one of our managers gets a call from the customer threatening to get local tv stations or newspapers involved, our manager will take care of the matter right then and there. How long before someone gets one of those consumer advocates from news stations involved?

If I was local in Orlando I would have done this by now. If I had paid with a credit card I would have escalated through my credit card. Since I paid with gift cards I am stuck. Numerous calls and emails over months and no movement at all. No one can tell me anything. My refund should be over $900 which is money I am counting on.

UPDATE:
Received callback today, the 8th business day. Pretty impressed with the turnaround time.
We're APs again, CHEERS!
You just gave me hope. I have a 14 day trip planned for next year and I cancelled my AP during the pandemic too because I couldn’t get back. I think I’ll call tomorrow and ask about getting on the list. Congratulations. Were you able to pick anstart day for the new pass?

If I was local in Orlando I would have done this by now. If I had paid with a credit card I would have escalated through my credit card. Since I paid with gift cards I am stuck. Numerous calls and emails over months and no movement at all. No one can tell me anything. My refund should be over $900 which is money I am counting on.

Same here. Paid with gift cards and cash. I am also expecting more than $900 back. This is just a mess and highly disappointing the way they are handling this.

I'm also still waiting. I was supposed to get a call back from the escalation team after 7-10 business days and today is the 11th business day. Hopefully they will tell me what happened. They said they refunded to my credit card back in Sept. but my card hasn't received anything. Then they said they sent a check but then it was confirmed they hadn't. I get a different answer every time I call, despite the notes from the previous CM stating what the prior CM said was wrong. I'm also expecting about $900 back and I am starting to think I won't see anything until next year.

Soooo. They lost my refund check as I have posted here. said 4-6 weeks a new one would come. 6 weeks later I email them again. . . no check. email back. . . ready for it. . .

sorry they told you 4-6 weeks but when a check is not delivered it must be researched which is a 8-10 week process then another 4-6 weeks to process the new check.

this is the type of behavior i expect from a shady backdown internet company who doesn't really sell anything and tries to scam your money, not disney.

i'm done. i turned it over to my credit card company.

I'm also still waiting. I was supposed to get a call back from the escalation team after 7-10 business days and today is the 11th business day. Hopefully they will tell me what happened. They said they refunded to my credit card back in Sept. but my card hasn't received anything. Then they said they sent a check but then it was confirmed they hadn't. I get a different answer every time I call, despite the notes from the previous CM stating what the prior CM said was wrong. I'm also expecting about $900 back and I am starting to think I won't see anything until next year.
get an email chain going. that's what i have. i have in writing that i am suppose to get a check so they admit they owe me money and i have the whole chain of all the different stories they are giving me. i don't trust any of that CM in the notes stuff. I have it in writing now all the he said she said.

You just gave me hope. I have a 14 day trip planned for next year and I cancelled my AP during the pandemic too because I couldn’t get back. I think I’ll call tomorrow and ask about getting on the list. Congratulations. Were you able to pick anstart day for the new pass?

My pass activates the first day I use it. So for us, January! Thank you so much & good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I called for the 5th time to follow up on our call back for AP purchases. So we were in the window “eligible” to repurchase due to canceling during the window, had the form submitted etc and never got a call back.

I call every 10 days to follow up. This time they told me someone called me 20 days ago. I explained that made no sense and I have no missed calls unaccounted for and no voicemail. And I’ve called since the alleged call and that no was never read to me I was just told to keep waiting (40 days). So to their credit this person got someone in the passholder resale team to agree to call me at a certain time (I’m in meetings most of the day and would know if I missed a call but often can’t take one unless emergency).

well they did finally call, and I just couldn’t do it. The caller offered terrible service and I’m personally getting less sure of when we can visit again, and as excited as I was to have a live agent on the phone, our littlest turns 3 this year, and the total for our passes out of state compared to how I view Disney is operating right now, just didn’t compute for me. So it was a lot of effort for nothing in the end, but we do have our refunds and I decided we needed to leave well enough alone for now. Sad to not be finalizing our Christmas travel plans back to Disney, but may that be our “biggest” problem as we close out 2020 ha!

I called for the 5th time to follow up on our call back for AP purchases. So we were in the window “eligible” to repurchase due to canceling during the window, had the form submitted etc and never got a call back.

I call every 10 days to follow up. This time they told me someone called me 20 days ago. I explained that made no sense and I have no missed calls unaccounted for and no voicemail. And I’ve called since the alleged call and that no was never read to me I was just told to keep waiting (40 days). So to their credit this person got someone in the passholder resale team to agree to call me at a certain time (I’m in meetings most of the day and would know if I missed a call but often can’t take one unless emergency).

well they did finally call, and I just couldn’t do it. The caller offered terrible service and I’m personally getting less sure of when we can visit again, and as excited as I was to have a live agent on the phone, our littlest turns 3 this year, and the total for our passes out of state compared to how I view Disney is operating right now, just didn’t compute for me. So it was a lot of effort for nothing in the end, but we do have our refunds and I decided we needed to leave well enough alone for now. Sad to not be finalizing our Christmas travel plans back to Disney, but may that be our “biggest” problem as we close out 2020 ha!
I understand your reasoning. I hesitated too, but then re bought because APs will increase in price and although it is a large chunk of money to have dormant, interest rates are so bad at the moment, that the monies may as well sit in WDW’s account as mine. The APs are valid until 2030 and not activated until you enter the parks.

I understand your reasoning. I hesitated too, but then re bought because APs will increase in price and although it is a large chunk of money to have dormant, interest rates are so bad at the moment, that the monies may as well sit in WDW’s account as mine. The APs are valid until 2030 and not activated until you enter the parks.
Totally follow that logic!!

I called Disney AGAIN in regards to refund, waited 45 min on hold and finally got a CM. The last two phone calls to them about two weeks ago, I was told that the escalation team would be calling me in 7-10 business days after they did research on what happened to my refund. Well that has come and gone. So, I called back today for a status on when I'd get a call back and because this is a pattern, not surprisingly I was told that the escalation team doesn't call customers. So the last two people I talked to were incorrect and I have another wasted chunk of time waiting on a call back when no one was going to call me. So today I spent another 1.5 hours on the phone to be told that the refund was sent back to a Mastercard. Well, here is the funny thing, I don't have a Mastercard. No one associated to my account has a Mastercard. So placed back on hold for the CM to reach back out to escalation team to find out again what is going on. I have called over a dozen times since September when I was originally told I would get the refund put back on my Disney Visa and then told a check was sent out and then told neither was correct and then told they would research to find out what is going on and they would call me but no call and then that was incorrect info. When does management get involved at this customer service breakdown? How can you get a different answer every time you call the same customer service number? Who is this "escalation team" that is untouchable like a wizard behind the curtain? I repeat the same things every call and it's like the first time I am saying it. I always thought the saying "pulling my hair out" as being dramatic, but now I get it and want to pull my hair out.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but is Disney allowing guests to upgrade park admission to Annual Passes at Guest Relations nowadays?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but is Disney allowing guests to upgrade park admission to Annual Passes at Guest Relations nowadays?
No, because they’re not selling new APs right now. Only people with an existing AP, and certain people who cancelled or lapsed during the shut down, can get AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter