AP Discounts/Information

carrieshields

Mouseketeer
My family will be visiting Disney in October for 8 days. Would it be worth the additional $200 or so dollars for an annual pass rather than a 9 Day Park Hopper to get the AP discount on the room?

Also, can you confirm that only one person in our party needs to have an AP to get the discount. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thank you! princess:

My family will be visiting Disney in October for 8 days. Would it be worth the additional $200 or so dollars for an annual pass rather than a 9 Day Park Hopper to get the AP discount on the room?

Also, can you confirm that only one person in our party needs to have an AP to get the discount. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thank you! princess:

I would say it depends where you are staying. For example, if staying at a Modarate or Deluxe, it may be worth it. If at a Value, I'm not sure the savings would cover the pass.

The other thing you'll want to check is if the resort you are staying at has any passholder savings during your stay. I am an AP holder and sometimes, there just aren't any rooms for me to get the discount.

I love my AP - it gives me more reason to visit WDW :wizard:

I would say it depends where you are staying. For example, if staying at a Modarate or Deluxe, it may be worth it. If at a Value, I'm not sure the savings would cover the pass.

The other thing you'll want to check is if the resort you are staying at has any passholder savings during your stay. I am an AP holder and sometimes, there just aren't any rooms for me to get the discount.

I love my AP - it gives me more reason to visit WDW :wizard:

Currently there is 20% off most all stores in WDW (parks and DTD) which is great! They don't tell you you have to ask at stores!! We bought 3 new APs the first week of Feb and not one of the CMs mentioned it! We even got TIW and were talking about discounts! Sad that we found out 3 days into the trip and did lose some smaller discounts, but at least a great CM in EPCOT told us but only after my daughter asked! I really don't get the AP for the room discounts alone since the GP discounts are just a little less of a discount (recently) I do it for tickets and go twice (a few times 3 times) per year. Once when getting the pass (and TIW) and another trip near the end and we do go into the parks at least 7-8 days each so it's worth it in tickets alone

Thank you! princess:

If you are getting an AP just for one trip, the increased cost usually isn't worth it as the general public discounts are likely to be just as good. The only time an AP definitely makes sense is if you are planning to visit the parks more than 10 days in one calendar year. We are in the parks 25-30 days each year so the AP is the most cost effective admission for us.

And yes, only 1 person has to have an AP to get a room discount, but it must be an adult passholder and you can only book 1 room. So if you need more than 1 room, you will need 2 adult AP holders. HTH. :cutie:

I posted this here since the title pertains. Does anyone have any info on any new AP discounts past June? Just wondering if anyone has spoken to a CM at WDW in regard to this. Thank you!

I posted this here since the title pertains. Does anyone have any info on any new AP discounts past June? Just wondering if anyone has spoken to a CM at WDW in regard to this. Thank you!

I did, same question for June. She said maybe something in March, but nothing yet.....

Bump for the same question! :thumbsup2

Bump for the same question! :thumbsup2

Well, I just posted this on another thread but last night I received a passholder invitation from Disney and it had a link for 40-45 % off offers. Well, I thought finally-only to find the offer on WDW site good through June 3! Anyway maybe it will change but that was all that was there last night. We also have received 3 pins in the mail for a few people that travelled with us over the past 5 years during free dining. They were all for the free QSDP (not the kids free one) from 4/11/10 to 6/3/10. I haven't heard much on that one. (none of the regular people that went with these 3 received the offer just as an aside and all AP holders except the 3!)

Also, no one told us of the 20% off at the WDW stores when we purchased 3 new APs!!!! Bad policy on discounts and letting people even know. Now it sounds like there are 2 offers (none of which are posted on AP site either)

Well, I just posted this on another thread but last night I received a passholder invitation from Disney and it had a link for 40-45 % off offers. Well, I thought finally-only to find the offer on WDW site good through June 3! Anyway maybe it will change but that was all that was there last night. We also have received 3 pins in the mail for a few people that travelled with us over the past 5 years during free dining. They were all for the free QSDP (not the kids free one) from 4/11/10 to 6/3/10. I haven't heard much on that one. (none of the regular people that went with these 3 received the offer just as an aside and all AP holders except the 3!)

Also, no one told us of the 20% off at the WDW stores when we purchased 3 new APs!!!! Bad policy on discounts and letting people even know. Now it sounds like there are 2 offers (none of which are posted on AP site either)

I think I just saw on all ears that the discount was extending until Aug you may want to check agian.;)

We saved an extra $25/night w/ an AP rate over the 40% public discount for a MK view room at the Contemporary. We're staying 9 nights so it made sense for us to get an AP.

DD and I usually go back for a long weekend Mother/Daughter trip in October, so we'll at least have tickets paid for. If we can get a great rate on the room that will be gravy. If not, we could now stay off-site and still not have to pay to park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!